• Yes, but implement a new measure:

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
ie. the world effectively expanding as you go up levels.
HAHAHAHAHA

Edit:

Traditionally, for obvious reasons, you do the opposite. The more the player exceeds the level of the monster, the less XP you get for it - usually until it drops off to nadda, or 1. So the level 1 player gets full XP for a rat, while the level 20 player gets nadda, as it no longer constitutes any kind of threat.
Also, the more I think about it, this is exactly how i think xp should work in msc. It would both solve our problem with having to grind in illogical boring areas, as well as constantly encouraging players to band together to hunt down bigger, more rewarding enemies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...And have everyone screaming nerf no end... Besides, there's no real levels in MSC. Best I could do is maybe slide the ramp down based on HP, from XP full to 1, maybe when you out HP'd the critter 5x to 10x. :\

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Wouldn't that beat the purpose of releasing underleveled content? :roll:

Tbh i think total hp in server should be also playing a role in the xp bonus. Right now its based in player count, though i do feel like total hp would be more suitable for your own cause (oyster), lower level players wouldnt grind as fast as they are now (unless higher level players would boost the grind) while the higher ones would be hardly be effected by this, probably a bit more xp here and there or less even, depends on the amount of players and the amount of hp they have.

Could always do FN bonus + 50% minion per 1k hp and 100% boss per 1k hp.