MSCentral keeps rejecting characters

RavenVonthora

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The basics of the server, are all fine. I've had Anaxis in my server playing right now, and it's all good. But he had reported to me that his character wasn't loaded up, and had to create a new one. I checked the MSCentral console window and it keeps flooding me all these SteamID's and saying they're all disconnected. Meaning, I presume, all the characters are being rejected. Now I don't know if this is a router problem (I'm sure it ain't, I can host anything with a problem).

The forum is too scrambled for me to actually look up this situation in other existing threads, so I'm sorry for not searching.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd suggest sticking to Fuzzy's Central server, seeing as how it's the largest, and he's dedicated a whole puter to it, in addition to finding creative ways to make it uncrashable, and backing up the chars on the net. Hopeing to make people's chars available for their Lan / tranfer to client side as well via download system.

Code:
ms_central_enabled 1 
ms_central_addr cboat.mine.nu 
ms_central_pass "testing"
"You're walking halfway in but you're crawling halfway out, there's a void in your mind that you cling to. You feel lost in time, you've got no words to rhyme, no more charms, no more spells to protect you."
Thothie

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well i just play on the BoU sever and on Thothie sever and this other guys sever. What i want to know tho is if i play on an offical MS central sever will my char from Ththie central Char sever and the BoU one be there?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
transfer lan to client!!?!

YAY!

^^

Rayon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Simple fix for this on XP.

Goto task control, click Proccesses tab, right click>priority>Above normal.

When running a central server on same pc that your playing on, it'll disconnect alot.
Even still if ur having this problem for any other reason, this should be the fix.

Ray

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Holy bump batman, and for reference the disconnected messages in the MSCentral console are normal. It will do this everytime a character is saved as it does the following.

1. Opens a connection to the central server
2. Saves the character by steamID
3. Closes the connection so that other character data can be saved. (By default 10 total connections are/can be managed at a time.)

For those that want to know. :)

Rayon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I believe the bug hes getting is that the MSC server is disconnecting from it though, too fast for people to log into their character, thats what my fix post was for.