Monsters

forsaiken

New Adventurer
Reaction score
r goblins hostile?

cuz that could be messed up by facial expressions

but for now im going to assume they are. cuz im tired of going into friendly towns.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
i know there is someone out there that has sucessfully made a model work that has transparent parts. I havent figured it out since the last time i posted this question. Anyone wanna send me a map with one on it that works? or just tell me all the stuff i gotta set. I tried to set it up like you would a transparent brush, but that didnt work.

forsaiken

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ya, i know one. on sven-coop there is map called afrikakorps and they have transparent textures on the models and they work, and i have a model with black as the transparency and it works so im confused... :?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
They have it in TS too. I remember when WON still was around the helicopter model on the roof (talking about TS v2.1 here, latest version) had nice blue parts... :?

But in Steam the model just looked as it should. Just decompile ts_lobby and check how it's done.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Firstly you need to update your models qc, example here:

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.p ... 1-70912800

Secondly you need to DL a new studiomdl, this requires you to compile your models Via "Command" (Dos promt in windows "Start -> Run"

I myself make sure I have my qc file and studiomdl file in the same DIR, then create a bat file (.bat) with the following code: "C:\studiomdl C:\example.qc" to make a .bat make a txt file, add the required code without quotes. Save and then rename the txt to .bat, to edit the bat right click and choose edit, to run just double click.

http://www.planethalflife.com/quest/ms/Studiomdl.zip

Thirdly you will need Jeds HL model Viewer go here:

http://www.wunderboy.org/3d_games/utils/hlmv.php

Finally you will need to have Steam HL for it to work.

You may notice that they refer to the DoD version, before HL went steam you required to have 2 updated DLLs, these were only released via DoD on HL1.1.1.0

To get the transparency to work in game just add the models as normal, there are no requirements for rendermode and amount.

forsaiken

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i just might say i love you :D :wink: now the skeleton will look much better tha the last one!

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Same here :D

I have a model with blue stuff on it already. I have a model viewer, hl model veiwer.

So it doesnt work in hl non-steam? because that is what i was doin. :?

Say i compiled it with hammer that is not connected to steam, but set up as if steam never exsisted, the old way. Could i just paste the map into steam and it would work, or do i have to compile the map through steam with hammer?

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Crow said:
Same here :D

I have a model with blue stuff on it already. I have a model viewer, hl model veiwer.
You need Jeds HL model viewer for transparency

Crow said:
So it doesnt work in hl non-steam? because that is what i was doin. :?
Negative

Crow said:
Say i compiled it with hammer that is not connected to steam, but set up as if steam never exsisted, the old way. Could i just paste the map into steam and it would work, or do i have to compile the map through steam with hammer?
There is no link between Hammer and Steam, Hammer runs without steam, maps will not be affected in anyway (Inc maps for HL2). Steam is just an evil way to launch hammer as you have to wait for menus to load.

I still use 3.4-5 for HL1

Pasting into your steam Dir will work just as well