1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an Opinion, Monster Useless When Stood On

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by greatguys1, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Sorta - but it has the same problem - monsters ignore snek and come after you (tried to find an easy way around that, failed). With a bomb in limited supply, containing a couple of choads designed to take a good sized bite out of a boss of your tier, this is less desirable (as opposed to the snek where you can spawn it all day). Could be allowed, in both cases, since both the snek and choads are so small you can't hide behind them, and both have a limited life span, but it'd be really nice to have a pass XP function that would allow the mobs to react normally and thus XP passing summons could act as shields/distractions.

2. Kanta

Kanta Adventurer

Jan 24, 2013
    Level 45 Zauberei Basher
    ms_swamp
    Eh, in most cases I would prioritize a larger target too. Plus there are many other methods of distracting enemies (regular summons, ice wall, volcano/fire wall, pet wolf), all of which are in infinite supply as opposed to a limited bomb type weapon. If a bomb was what you were going for, over a spell. Using the snake staff recently though I do remember a few times where any enemy would sometimes kill one of my snakes, and not by accident either with a AoE attack or something.

Edit: Snake staff also has 20 snake summoning charges btw.

3. TheOysterHippopotami

TheOysterHippopotami New Adventurer Source Developer Developer DarkTide RiP

Sep 6, 2009
    Can I please get a weaker version of the chumtoad with less hp? I don't care about the damage but I am using set_scale on these guys and boosting their hp, but I still want to use the smallest version if possible for more variety. Please name this script chumtad.

also, I would really love to see both a bottle of toads and a pet toad/toad charm item in fmines. Just a heads up, the pokemon-esque naming convention I have going for these frogs is -tad (small) -toad (medium) -choad (large), ex. tadclops/toadclops/choadclops for the blinking one eyed frog.

4. Thothie

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Script's at the top of the thread - just copy it over to test_scripts and change the HP to whatever ya want. We'll redirect the scripts in your map and figure XP values later.

5. Thothie

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    [​IMG]
    Should I feel guilty?

Attached Files:

6. Kanta

Kanta Adventurer

Jan 24, 2013
    Level 45 Zauberei Basher