• Total voters

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Might confuse a lot of newbies.
Well, it does have the n00b warning message on it.

JoMama

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It kinda defeats the purpose of all the other weapons then. Why not just sell perfect hugger daggers in Edana if they're gonna work exactly like a rusty knife at the beginning?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Cuz a rusty knife will always work like a rusty knife?

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You'd think that it might also undermine the entire idea of using lower level weapons. As high level people would just give them the best eq at the start, and they wouldn't get anything new throughout the entire game.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
True that, but same thing applies now - as they'll likely just bank any high level item they get - lest it be light. Which brings us to the other idea: just make it so the plain can't pick it up, but that too, isn't applicable at the moment.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Wouldn't take much to code that, but I never would want it in:

i has enuf moneyz for teh mace! OH NOES IT GO TO MY MIDDLE HOW I SEL BACK IF NO CAN PIK UP?!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, would have to work it in so you can't take it out of a chest / buy it either. Preferably with some sort of message.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
And it would also kill bank chars, in quite a few cases >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I suspect that'd be rare... But I also suspect I can add a function to the bank where it could check if you could use the weapon a ticket would redeem.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't mean chars having a problem when taking things out, I mean training a char to 5 blunt and 5 axe to hold some things - He wouldn't be able to hold any high level items or swords, daggers, etc.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Anychance we can get a better loot system? Apparently some people who wants an item won't get it because a person at the very highest level grabs it out of a artifact chest and runs off trading it for something else.
(Belmont stole a Orion Bow and ran off with it and trade it for a Demon Claw with Villager even tho I won the roll. Ends up me giving Villager my DC for the OB)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Heh, Dark. Just tell people on the forums about it and the person will slowly become hated :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*sigh* It's OT – but I've come to the conclusion there is nothing we can do about div'ing treasure that will ever satisfy. I mean, the Artifact Chest is the ultimate arbitrator as it works now – just pick some random guy... And people still insist on rolling for items. So there's nothing we can do. As far as I'm concerned the rule of thumb should be if the Artifact Chest chooses someone it's up them whether they want to give the item up - that's the point of the damned thing - but you vultures can pick fights anyway you want, as I know no one will be satisfied unless they get the item they want every time.

I don't mean chars having a problem when taking things out, I mean training a char to 5 blunt and 5 axe to hold some things - He wouldn't be able to hold any high level items or swords, daggers, etc.
No clue what yer at there. Idea would be the bank wouldn't let you retrieve a ticket for a weapon you couldn't handle.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, I'll explain this fully then (I'm sure Shuri knows, based on the 2/3 rule :|)

A lot of people have a second character to hold items that they can't (whether it be because of weight or because of the item limit). Let's say that I have a bank char, as they're commonly known as, that I want to hold an Ice Blade. I have his Axe and Blunt trained, so I have plenty of strength to hold it, however, if you make it so I can't pick up a weapon I can't use, I can't store the sword on the character. I would have to train my character to have 15+ in all stats (save SC) to use him for banking any weapon I want. Granted, not hard, but still annoying =|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Trying to discourage that sort of thing anyways, certainly not going to make allowances for it.

Granted, if you could just manage to stick a filter on the original bank, we'd go a long way to not being tempted to do that sort of thing. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Why would you discourage that.. If I want to train archery, I should be able to get as many items as possible off my char so I have room for arrows :| Don't see what's bad about it..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yer not supposed to get around the fact that you've not trained strength (ie. have specialized in archery) by using your other character slots for inventory.

...but again, if ya'd just fix that bank... ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm talking more of the 75 item limit =|

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie, if you can make artifact chest look for highest hp or level. Why can't you just make artifact chest roll on the people who have enough proficiency to even use it?

Artifact Chest Spawn - Nova Blade appears
Find players with 15 or more Proficiency.
Roll player
Artifact chest chose player 3

Something like that.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Stick to servers where the high level isn't a jerk. Usually the high level will be fair about distribution.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
What if the guy with the highest HP wants it more than you do? ;)

What if the guy who did the most damage wants it more?

What if the guy who killed the most monsters wants it more?

What if the guy who killed the boss wants it more?

What if the guy who's been on the map longst wants it more?

...you see where this is going...

Suffice to say, even the most powerful isn't guaranteed to get it - it just rolls against him first. Since the item list it chooses from is random, the item he gets, is also random.

If the Artifact Chest has 12 items to give, and gives out 3, the top 3 players on the server have the same chance of getting any one of those 12 items. So in that sense, it's totally random.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention, it should check if that player already have a copy.
I don't really think so MIB. Most people would be like, "I been hunting this all day and I should get it. Wait your turn!" Next 5 minutes. Sorry guys I gotta go. Then the rest of the team can't progress cause the monster's too strong.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's fair distribution. If the highest level has been at it all day and he's the only reason you can complete the map, he gets it. I'm talking about when the highest level already has the item (read: a week after the map is out). The highest level will usually give it to who he thinks deserves it.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
What if the guy with the highest HP wants it more than you do? ;)

What if the guy who did the most damage wants it more?

What if the guy who killed the most monsters wants it more?

What if the guy who killed the boss wants it more?

What if the guy who's been on the map longst wants it more?

...you see where this is going...

Suffice to say, even the most powerful isn't guaranteed to get it - it just rolls against him first. Since the item list it chooses from is random, the item he gets, is also random.

Sounds like your targeting 2-3 people that doesn't know each other.

When I'm talking about a group of people who have been helping to get there.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm sorry, the artifact chest cannot tell if you know each other or not - not that I see what that has to do with anything.