Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*sigh*

zeus9860 said:
http://www.msremake.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9128&hilit=forsuth&start=15#p142693

1) Look at the post date (2012 - the year before Shender_East was released).
2) It did not affect Healing Circle. The multiplier was within the Rejuv Magic Hand's script. (Still there, commented.)
3) The x5 multiplier comes to LESS than the current 10%/5000hp minimum. (Unless your Divination is over 100, of course)

So yeah, I could put it back that way and make it even harder on you, if you want.

This battle has not changed one iota since its inception, and everything else you're ranting on about was in well before this patch.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
1) No sh!t, my point here is that HC ACTUALLY had healing multipliers BEFORE, right now it DOESN'T and you claimed it NEVER DID.

2) Yes it did. When the_wall 2 was released, you fixed forsuth and made healing multipliers happen, the x5 multiplier WORKED with EVERY SINGLE HEALING SPELL, not just REJUV. Said healing also worked with bloodshrine orcs.

3) Who gives a flying hovering f*ck about that? IF reverting to the previous system makes my healing circle heal 5x more the npcs, DO IT because you are forcing the players to rely on REJUV to heal a f*cking npc in the middle of a small warzone with 10 enemies that are FLOATING IN THE AIR AND USE AIMBOT. See how f*cking stupid that is?

And the scaled healing is the dumbest sh!t i ever seen happen to the divination skill, IF i were to accept that crap, it would be in a mandatory class system, the way it is now, it's f*cking stupid and pretty much making people able to solo anything with a healer behind them and the use of one or two potions minimum.

And for last, if you even bothered to think about the situation, HC x5 healing on npcs is like, wayyyyy better than scaled healing on npcs. Just a fyi, for one rejuv gets cancelled on hit and the player needs to keep casting it while targetting the npc, two, HC is so much better since you can just cast it under him and let it do the healing work,

tl;dr version

HC (x5 multiplier like before, important npcs only) = 96 heal/sec // Rejuv = ??? (never used it);

Current healing = REJUV REJUV REJUV = 10% of total hp per cast (stupid without a new class sytem) // Healing circle = no scaled healing (nerf nerf nerf!);

Either revert to the old system or apply scaled healing to HC aswell, something like 2%-2.5% per cast or scaled healing based in total hp of the npc (eg: 10k hp npc = 1% heal = 100 hp/heal;1k hp npc = 10% heal = 100hp/heal). Is it that hard to comprehend that rejuv only = bad idea and rejuv+HC = great idea?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
1) No sh!t, my point here is that HC ACTUALLY had healing multipliers BEFORE, right now it DOESN'T and you claimed it NEVER DID.

2) Yes it did. When the_wall 2 was released, you fixed forsuth and made healing multipliers happen, the x5 multiplier WORKED with EVERY SINGLE HEALING SPELL, not just REJUV. Said healing also worked with bloodshrine orcs.
*sigh* I think your infinite rage is affecting your reading comprehension, as I just said it never did, again, because it never did.

There was never a healing multiplier for HC. The only healing multiplier there ever was, was on the x5 Rejuv's magic hand, in said spell's script. It's still there, sitting, commented, doing nothing. Now there's a new, much better multiplier in its place. Something that happened well before Shender_East was released.

So, to reiterate, one more time... Healing Circle's healing rate has never scaled for NPCs, or anything else, save your raw divination skills - same as it does now - same as it has since its inception. The script hasn't changed since 2012 (I can tell, because the modified stamp on the damned file is March 2012), and its healing rate has never changed. Any scaling for NPCs has always been exclusive to the Rejuvenation spell, and that's more powerful than it's ever been. Initially it was the same no matter what you used to on, then it was x3 for other players, then it got boosted to x5 div for certain NPCs, and it is now 10% min for all NPCs and other players. No healing power has ever been nerfed - the rates of healing have always either stayed the same or gone up.

Further, it *cant* scale for NPCs, as HC's rate is determined by your divination skill when the circle is spawned and stays flat throughout its existence. Unlike Rejuvenation, it's never had a function to differentiate between NPCs and players. It'd need a whole new system to do so.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
*sigh* I think your infinite rage is affecting your reading comprehension, as I just said it never did, again, because it never did.

There was never a healing multiplier for HC. The only healing multiplier there ever was, was on the x5 Rejuv's magic hand, in said spell's script. It's still there, sitting, commented, doing nothing. Now there's a new, much better multiplier in its place. Something that happened well before Shender_East was released.

I never said HC scaled when healing wtf? I requested that you make HC do scaled healing to npcs like rejuv does right now, because it got nerfed HERP DERP. It went from x5 healing (special npcs such as forsuth and the orcs in bloodshrine) to normal healing and you boosted rejuv to compensate with scaled healing.

Look you are just pissing me off even more with all this acting of yours. STOP being stubborn and accept defeat for once. I'm raging with reason while you are trying to cover up stuff that did happen.

I'm f*cking right, you are wrong and i got proof right here, don't fuck with me nor with my mind, i know pretty much what i say when it comes to remembering stuff, if i said it happened, IT DID HAPPEN. I'm not walking way when i know i'm right and you are wrong and can't accept things that other people say to you, even if they are right. Change your way of thinking/acting towards what other people say, you are worse than my parents and i'm pretty sure they are almost old enough to babysit you.

PROOF (divination = 40):

B8SGo8J.jpg
[Nov2011a patch] Blue arrow = Healing circle (base healing is 20, its multiplied by 5 at level 40 divi, means 100 healing); yellow arrow = rejuv healing (175 healing per cast)

k9E2rbz.jpg

[CURRENT PATCH]Here's some rejuv healing in the current patch on forsuth, 570 heals per cast, also 40 divination, supposedly the "10% scaled healing" of yours coming into play.

fqjrtjE.jpg

[CURRENT PATCH]And here it is, Healing circle back to it's normal and not so glorious fashion, 40 divination, healing 20 instead of the old 100. Hmm, do i smell a nerf on this one?

tl;dr
I'm right you are wrong, accept defeat & don't fuck with me, period.

PS: I'm pretty sure this healing effect also worked on pets but i didn't get to test that one, just a fyi.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
hB5A9229D.jpg
:\

Well, I've no idea how or why it's doing that. Nothing changed in the script. I'd have to do quite a bit of writing to change it do that. So if it is indeed doing that, it's a nifty bug that went away at some point. (Or you're just cheating, mr. 6000 hp.)

Assuming it's real, what patch is that? (Pre-Shender_East I assume.) Maybe I can track the issue down using one of the archives.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It stayed untill you applied the scaled healing. Cheating or not, i made my point, it's not like test characters for multiple purposes are that hard to find right?

It was applied when the_wall2 came out somewhere around JUN2011aand it got removed JAN2013a. The patch i used is Nov2011a, an alpha backup i had on my laptop.

So yes it was something that got auto-magically "fixed" year and half later... :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Vanished well before Shender_East came into being.

So the statement still stands: that battle hasn't changed one iota since its inception.

None the less, due to my certainty pertaining to the other statement, I'm looking into this...

edits:
And I r the confused...

Pulling up the NOV2011a script archive, I get these:

items/magic_hand_healing_circle.script
- Script that casts the spell and passes your healing amount to the scanning script.
Code:
 {
	const NO_REGISTER 1

const SOUND_SHOOT      	magic/cast.wav

setvar SPELL_SKILL_REQUIRED	18
  const SPELL_FIZZLE_TIME	25
  const SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS	95%
  const SPELL_PREPARE_TIME	1
  const SPELL_ENERGYDRAIN	50
	const MANA_COST	150 //special internal handling

const MELEE_ATK_DURATION 4

const SPELL_SCRIPT		monsters/summon/circle_of_healing
  precachefile 			SPELL_SCRIPT
}

#include items/magic_hand_base

{  spell_spawn

name 		Healing Circle
   desc 		A large magic circle that heals all allies within
}

{ game_attack1

if game.serverside

local TIME_DIFF game.time
	subtract TIME_DIFF LAST_ATTACK
	if TIME_DIFF > MELEE_ATK_DURATION

setvard LAST_ATTACK game.time

splayviewanim ent_me ANIM_CAST
	playowneranim	critical PLAYERANIM_PREPARE squatwalk1
	playsound	game.sound.item game.sound.maxvol SOUND_CHARGE

if ( $get(ent_owner,mp) < MANA_COST ) dplayermessage ent_owner Insufficient mana.
	if $get(ent_owner,mp) >= MANA_COST

//delay for effect
	callevent 0.5 make_circle
}

{ make_circle

setvard SET_DELETE 0
	setvard OWNER_LOC $get(ent_owner,origin)
	setvard NEAR_SEAL $get_tsphere(any,230,OWNER_LOC)
	if ( G_DEVELOPER_MODE ) gplayermessage ent_owner make_circle: $get_token_amt(NEAR_SEAL)
	calleventloop $get_token_amt(NEAR_SEAL) check_if_near
	callevent 0.1 make_circle2
}

{ check_if_near
	local CUR_ENT $get_token(NEAR_SEAL,game.script.iteration)
	if ( G_DEVELOPER_MODE ) consolemsg ent_owner make_circle->check_if_near: found $get(CUR_ENT,name)
	if $get(CUR_ENT,scriptname) contains circle_of_healing
	if !SET_DELETE
	setvard SET_DELETE 1
	dplayermessage ent_owner Healing Circle: Cannot create one healing circle within another. 
}

{ make_circle2

if !SET_DELETE

svplaysound 0 10 SOUND_SHOOT

givemp $neg(MANA_COST)
	callexternal ent_owner mana_drain //update mana on player hud readout, if using hud feedback

local HEAL_POWER $get(ent_owner,skill.spellcasting.divination)
	divide HEAL_POWER 2
	vectorset OWNER_LOC z $get_ground_height(OWNER_LOC)
	createnpc SPELL_SCRIPT OWNER_LOC $get(ent_owner,id) $get(ent_owner,stat.concentration) HEAL_POWER
	deleteent ent_me 
}

monsters/summon/circle_of_healing.script
- This is the actual scanning script. I don't see anywhere here were it adjusts for NPCs.
Code:
 #scope server
{
	const SEAL_MODEL weapons/magic/seals.mdl
	const SEAL_OFS 26
	const SOUND_PULSE ambience/alien_zonerator.wav //add loop sound
	const CIRCLE_RADIUS 172
	const PULSE_PLAYTIME 10.0

const AOE_RADIUS 172 //can also replace with var, eg. MY_RADIUS

const AOE_FREQ 1.0
	const AOE_FRIEND_FOE ally //set ally to affect allies instead of enemies
}

#include monsters/summon/base_aoe

{ eventname game_dynamically_created //PARAM1 = owner PARAM2 = Duration PARAM3 = DPS

setvard MY_OWNER PARAM1
	setvard MY_DURATION PARAM2
	setvard HEAL_AMT PARAM3

setvard DIV_SKILL $get(MY_OWNER,skill.spellcasting.divination)

setvard OWNER_ISPLAYER $get(PARAM1,isplayer)

callevent MY_DURATION aoe_end
}

{ game_spawn

name a|Circle of Healing
	hp 1
	fov 359
	invincible 1
	race beloved
	gravity 0.0
	blood none
	setmodel SEAL_MODEL
	setmodelbody 0 SEAL_OFS
	setsolid none
	drop_to_floor

nopush 1

setvard PLAYING_DEAD 1
	setvard IMMUNE_PUSH 1

callevent 0.1 make_seal
	svplaysound 2 10 SOUND_PULSE
}

{ make_seal

setvard NEAR_SEAL $get_tsphere(ally,AOE_RADIUS,game.monster.origin)
	calleventloop $get_token_amt(NEAR_SEAL) check_if_near
}

{ check_if_near
	local CUR_ENT $get_token(NEAR_SEAL,game.script.iteration)
	if $get(NEAR_SEAL,name) contains Healing
	if !SET_DELETE
	setvard SET_DELETE 1
	dplayermessage MY_OWNER Healing Circle: Cannot create one healing circle within another. 
}

{ circle_hum
	repeatdelay PULSE_PLAYTIME
	svplaysound 2 10 SOUND_PULSE
}

{ apply_aoe_effect
	if ( $get(PARAM1,name) contains Spell ) local EXIT_SUB 1 //thing keeps trying to heal the spell maker ;)
	if !EXIT_SUB
	if ( $get(PARAM1,scriptname) contains circle_of_heal ) callevent aoe_end
	if $get(PARAM1,hp) < $get(PARAM1,maxhp)

if !$get(PARAM1,scriptvar,'PLAYING_DEAD')
	applyeffect PARAM1 effects/effect_rejuv2 HEAL_AMT DIV_SKILL MY_OWNER

if ( $get(PARAM1,isplayer) )
	{
		if PARAM1 isnot MY_OWNER
		callexternal MY_OWNER ext_add_damage_points HEAL_AMT
	}
}

{ aoe_end
	svplaysound 2 0 SOUND_PULSE
	setvard IS_ACTIVE 0
	if ( MY_SCRIPT_IDX > 0 ) cleffect remove all MY_SCRIPT_IDX
	removescript
	deleteent ent_me
}

effects/effect_rejuv2.script
...and the rejuvination effect script (this is the one bit both rejuv and healing circle share):
Code:
 //Rejuvenate2 by Thothie
//Any pc/npc
//PARAM1 == hp to heal
//PARAM2 == Casters Divination Skill (unused thus far, but ideas be cookin)
//PARAM3 == Caster
//- The original rejuvinate method lagged the system to hell and back
//- in addition, it was far too weak to be of much use
//- Thus we have this simple, one-shot meathod

{ [server]

const EFFECT_ID			effect_rejuvenate
	const EFFECT_NAME		"Rejuvenation"
	const EFFECT_ACTIONTYPE		normal
	const EFFECT_SCRIPT		$currentscript

setvard game.effect.id		EFFECT_ID
	setvard game.effect.displayname	EFFECT_NAME
	setvard game.effect.type	EFFECT_ACTIONTYPE
}

#include effects/effect_base

{ [server] game_activate

if !$get(ent_me,scriptvar,'IS_LURE') //do not allow healing of lures

local HEAL_AMT PARAM1
	local CASTER_ID PARAM3

local MY_ID $get(ent_me,id)

local MY_MAX_HEALTH $get(MY_ID,maxhp)
	local MY_CUR_HEALTH $get(MY_ID,hp)

if ( MY_ID isnot CASTER_ID ) local HEALING_OTHER 1

if ( MY_CUR_HEALTH < MY_MAX_HEALTH )
	{
		givehp HEAL_AMT
		local HEALED 1
		if ( HEALING_OTHER )
		{
			gplayermessage CASTER_ID You heal $get(MY_ID,name) for HEAL_AMT hp
		}
		else
		{
			gplayermessage CASTER_ID You heal yourself for HEAL_AMT hp
		}
	}

if ( MY_CUR_HEALTH >= MY_MAX_HEALTH )
	{
		if ( HEALING_OTHER )
		{
			gplayermessage CASTER_ID $get(MY_ID,name) is at maximum health
		}
		else
		{
			gplayermessage CASTER_ID You are at maximum health
		}
	}

if HEALED

local GLOW_TARG $get(ent_me,id)
	//if ( $get(GLOW_TARG,isplayer) ) local GLOW_TARG $get(ent_me,scriptvar,MY_BODY)

effect glow GLOW_TARG (0,255,0) 256 1 1
	callevent 0.1 effect_die //SIDE NOTE: this bit being here, rather than at the top, is what caused our stack issue (wouldn't get here if target was full health, thus effect never removed)
}

So I'm squinting real hard at all three parts of this script, and canna find a multiplier for NPCs anywhere... It can't be code side (I can't even think of how you'd achieve that code side without fubaring all sorts of stuff)... So... I r confused. :\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, something I neglected to mention in the changelog:

If you're really old skool - and I mean, like pre-MSC, MS 1.35 old skool... You may remember a time when we could vary our attacks some with key combinations. (Changes in the attack code SNAFU'd that when MSC was released.)

Kinda brought it back in JUL2013...

This applies to the following weapons:
Bone Blade
Skull Blade (all varieties)
Lesser Ice Blade
Ice Blade
Greater Ice Blade
Green Rune Blade

If you attack while side stepping, you will do a sideways swing, with greater accuracy (+50%) and less damage (-25%).

If you attack while moving forward or backwards, you will do a stabbing attack, with less accuracy (-25%), but greater damage (+50%).

This only applies to basic melee attacks, not charged attacks (which, with most of those weapons, does +200% damage, with the same or greater accuracy.)

I'll probably extend these to the various elven blades, and the club, eventually, among others.

There were also a few future map specific scripts that I neglected to catalog, but I'll list them when said maps are released.

PS. And wow, I just about got Cyax's map done (and the month's only half gone)... Hopefully you guys like this one - tis all about the exploring, at least - get to go on a scavenger hunt for 14 hidden items on a map loaded with sekrats.

PPS. Don't use "idemarks_tower_elegie-in-bb-minor.mp3" with VHLT... It explodes when you try to use keys that long. :\

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
PS. And wow, I just about got Cyax's map done (and the month's only half gone)... Hopefully you guys like this one - tis all about the exploring, at least - get to go on a scavenger hunt for 14 hidden items on a map loaded with sekrats.
Hawt

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:

As long as it doesn't become another dungeon raid to get even more loot from a chest after killing X boss with his merry minions, i'll be glad for the change, even if it's a little. NM_Edana was fun, though one can't expect that it will be used that much when the map is rather short with only one purpose in it for the time being, it's like idemarks_tower, it's good for exploring but that's about the only reason in it right now.

Exploring a map with a well balanced layout for combat (eg: Tundra, nah i'm joking, tundra sucks awfully.) and a reasonable layout for rewards (eg: chests, also jk. But srsly: random monster drops/quest items/ingredients found in chests or maps corners such as the light crystal in the lighthouse map) would be welcome.

I don't know what his map is about nor what is the level range or if it's scaled. But good map layouts imo, hunderswamp_north is nicely done (minus the loot, shouldn't be so straight forward as to grabbing new things away from chests, that sort of kills the fun of getting new items and having fun in this game) and the_wall, i know the_wall for alot of people is like horrible and crap because well, too much hax used by elves, i can agree with that, but the map is enjoyable with a couple of potions and the right items/strategy. The only thing i hate in the_wall is the frost hammers and ihotohr, frost hammers because they are awfully balanced and ihotohr for the same reason, plus easy overflow source when spamming his beams and the barrier and the summons, etc. Other than that, the map had quite an approach to exploring itself, it made me more interested in the lore from the frozen lands and the rewarding system was good, not the best, but better than slapping a chest with low drop chance loot.

Also when is the quest from sorc_vila going to see the light of day again? The one with the jade skull, i think most people already figured out the purpose of the skull, just wondering when is the 2 year and half quest actually going to get "touched with" again. :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Also when is the quest from sorc_vila going to see the light of day again? The one with the jade skull, i think most people already figured out the purpose of the skull, just wondering when is the 2 year and half quest actually going to get "touched with" again. :roll:
Ah, yes, Lighting Bulge... There's actually two quests on hold with the item he gives you... One of which because FER told me to not use the related club model until he remade it, and he has yet to do so (and at this point, we don't need more hammers anyways)... The other, involves finding Bulge's "girlfriend" in Sundale, and said map has yet to be created. It maybe I should have him stop passing those things out until one of these two things becomes available (probably be awhile), but meh.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
zeus9860 said:
Ah, yes, Lighting Bulge... There's actually two quests on hold with the item he gives you... One of which because FER told me to not use the related club model until he remade it, and he has yet to do so (and at this point, we don't need more hammers anyways)... The other, involves finding Bulge's "girlfriend" in Sundale, and said map has yet to be created. It maybe I should have him stop passing those things out until one of these two things becomes available (probably be awhile), but meh.

So one of the two things is the reconstruction of that one mace? Guess i'll have to bugger FER for that.

We need moar hammers! Well, not now at least since the breakers are doing their job pretty fine atm, but when the next tier shows up, you should consider using that weapon as an introduction to the new tier being a new model with a possible new element (if it sticks to the one we see in some guy's hands) and all that. Just a suggestion.

And what would it take to boost the cap to 50 now? We got one maxed out player and like 2 maxed out in all skills except SC or something, and a few more pretty close to maxing out aswell, i'm a little behind them but i can catch up. Guess you are waiting for someone willing to make a map for that? I can try and bugger Dridje for some Umulak2 LOLOLOLOL. :twisted:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pfft... One OCD at the level wall isn't a worry - used to having 10 or 20 before it got to be a real problem. Do expect it to happen a lot quicker these days though (long gone are the days when it'd take two years). I figure we need at least three more high end maps, or maps that can self adjust up to said. Think there's only one in the pipe ATM, maybe two... But it'll happen, eventually.

Granted, those tend to be the sorta maps that ya'll love. ;)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I'll see if i can bribe Dridje into doing it. If bribing doesn't work, i'll try the hard way. :roll:

Dridmar

Old Skool Apostle
MSC Developer
Socialist Guild
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
No, don't rape me. :oldcry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
SEP2013a almost fully live...

Right now, you can download it at the usual place.

FN servers updated.

RKS servers updating.

Changelog in a few moments.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...and NEVERMIND! ><

*sigh*

Sometime between 3PM and 9PM PST... Valve put out a new Half-Life update that has, once again, completely broken the mouse system when in inventory.

The mouse will likely be broken in JUL2013b as well - but I don't want this update getting the blame for it. No point in doing an update until we fix or work around that anyways.

I've been told there were some major changes to the inputs files in the new SDK, and it maybe they just went live today. Maybe I can see how much we can port over, and maybe fix it that way.

Man, I wasted an hour doing this, and passed up a perfectly good opportunity to get laid to get this patch out on time. Frustrated on so many levels. ><

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Well, I think it's time to say, that your way of using pictures in the forum as you post and discuss stuff is always a day-brightener, so keep that one up!

Sad about Steam fuxxing up again and ruining your day (and sexy time), man I would love to read the patchnotes, maybe new maps and itanz?

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I managed to download the patch before you took the link down!

I'm now holding it hostage and filming 'Taken 3'

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
I managed to download the patch before you took the link down!

So did I, the joys of lurking sometimes x3, Anyway, Don't stress too much, us folk who have stayed over all the years won't be leaving now! Take the time ye need!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, you guys are quick on the draw - sometimes you get it before I link it. ;)

Eh, I don't wanna cause mass confusions by posting the changelog, but I can link it as a text maybe - though the BBS code will make it hard to read - I suppose you could paste it back here and preview it:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/SEP2013 ... ngelog.txt

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Umm... Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. ;) I only implemented it because I came across a very specific situation on desert_temple. I suppose you could do some, interesting, things with it, but you would have to be careful not to trap mobs in your clips when you turned said clips back on.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Definitely not sarcasm! While I don't have any actual examples right now, I do believe that this could potentially be amazingly useful.
I've always wondered why func_monsterclip couldn't be toggled in the first place, actually... The only reason it had a name (thusfar) was that you could permanently remove it. So much better now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if you come up with another, simple, entity change like that you'd like to see, make a request and I'll see what I can do.

Assuming we can recover from this latest Valve update fiasco. :\