EMERGENCY BETA PATCH - All Players Invisibe?

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
How are we supposed to get someones ID when they crash the server?

type status when the server is gone? don't think it'll work...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Without this patch, all players will be invisible to you

I wouldn't mind that in the case of some players... :roll:
("ZOMG LOOKS AT MEEE IZ GOSTEX GOLDY AMROUR! ANDD REZIST HELMETZ! ASSIDE THEFA CT OTEHR STORNGER ADN/slash/OR EXEPERIENCEAD PAYLERS AHVE UHNTED MUTCH LONGRE PHOR TEHM!!")

did i do a good job w/ that one J-M? :oldlol:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Thothie said:
Without this patch, all players will be invisible to you

I wouldn't mind that in the case of some players... :roll:
("ZOMG LOOKS AT MEEE IZ GOSTEX GOLDY AMROUR! ANDD REZIST HELMETZ! ASSIDE THEFA CT OTEHR STORNGER ADN/slash/OR EXEPERIENCEAD PAYLERS AHVE UHNTED MUTCH LONGRE PHOR TEHM!!")

did i do a good job w/ that one J-M? :oldlol:

i know three people with gold armor now....so stfu about acehigh

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I AM NOT GONNA BE OK WITH GOLD ARMOR TILL I FIND A SET AND SO DOES EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN TEH GAME!!! (lol seriously that's when i'll be fully convinced)

and i didn't mention acehigh, but yeah sure that guy maybe, really I wanna go hunting for it too, i lags so very hard on thos maps tho, THOTHIEEEEEEE! help me with that-there-them commands to squeeze some fps out of this archaic machine! XP

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
How are we supposed to get someones ID when they crash the server?

type status when the server is gone? don't think it'll work...

This bit varies wildly with how your server is configured, but for my HLDS, at least the console window stays up until the restarter realizes it's locked. You can usually pretty clearly see the last person who connected and caused the crash. The copy paste functions on the console still operate despite the crash pop-up.

Clients, however, would have to be pretty swift to actually pull that off - I was thinking of server hosts. Too bad the AMX plugin I cooked up doesn't seem to be actually capturing the error.

THOTHIEEEEEEE! help me with that-there-them commands to squeeze some fps out of this archaic machine! XP
Think I gave you about all the help I could in the custom content thread, short of direct access to yer puter.

Oh, and Acehigh? Cheater.
(just had to say it.)

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hmm, i put in all of those thothie and now i can't connect to any servers! =D

i made my own server tho, and experienced a version of ms... like no other

haha...

edit:
well i was able to connect to servers again, but the excelent tweaks were disabled... and when i made my own server, disabled too... tch...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to double-post this haha...

So this morning I did two skycastle runs, (I saw Orochi w/ golden armor, and felt compelled to hunt for some myself *iwawsfeelinglucky*)

both times i killz0red the bears and dropped down to where the chests were sup-... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

NO CHESTS!!!!

twas on ur server thothie, is this some kind of cruel joke?

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:

So this morning I did two skycastle runs, (I saw Orochi w/ golden armor, and felt compelled to hunt for some myself *iwawsfeelinglucky*)

both times i killz0red the bears and dropped down to where the chests were sup-... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

NO CHESTS!!!!

edit:
oh and btw, you forgot to do my 2nd rollback T_T but that's ok, if you haven't done it yet dun worry, hunting keledros again would be a piece of pie, and my noobie buddies could survive a lil longer too ^_^

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:

NO CHESTS!!!!

edit:
oh and btw, you forgot to do my 2nd rollback T_T but that's ok, if you haven't done it yet dun worry, hunting keledros again would be a piece of pie, and my noobie buddies could survive a lil longer too ^_^

why didn't you just edit your original post...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so i clicked the quote button instead of the edit button, whoopsey! they are liek write necst tuu eatchothur!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Skycastle is one of those maps I need to remake, that just keeps getting pushed further and further into the distance by more important things.

There is always *slim* chance on skycastle, that a bear will fall off the map, but still be able to roam around on the bottom of the map (out of sight), and thus not be returned home by the anti-stuck. I'd be guessing tis what happened... Lest the floor broke, and they weren't there, then we may have some other issue.

As for rollback... I did roll your character back again after the last time you asked, but I think maybe you reconnected before it finished. If you want a rollback, just give me the date sometime, I'll try to make sure you aren't on-line.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
id like to see a new sfor with undamael rather than sky castle

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
that just keeps getting pushed further and further into the distance by more important things.