Bug Reports: JAN2010b

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Can't do this today (not at home), will do tomorrow.

Also, any idea what could have gone wrong with the aleyesu thing yesterday? I rebooted both the PC and the laptop several times.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My best guess is maybe the FN server was down at the time (or fubaring in the process of going down, which I think it finally did that day). *shrug* Works fine on my server, and I've not updated the DLL's on it since the patch.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
My best guess is maybe the FN server was down at the time (or fubaring in the process of going down, which I think it finally did that day). *shrug* Works fine on my server, and I've not updated the DLL's on it since the patch.
FN crashes alot recently :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That was the only significant downtime that I was aware of this month. :/ (Discounting some buggerz and DOS attacks we had when we first updated it.)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I have trouble damaging monsters with dwarven bolts.

Things like grim putrefactus or the iron guardian (at secreth shad_palace entrace) get hit by it but theres no visible damage message.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
FER said:
I have trouble damaging monsters with dwarven bolts.

Things like grim putrefactus or the iron guardian (at secreth shad_palace entrace) get hit by it but theres no visible damage message.
Same happens to me

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bolts tend to be a bit screwy due to the way they handle hitscans... I haven't had trouble with the Iron Gurdian inparticular though - seemed to be pretty reliable shooting him in the chest - took him out with the h4xbow a few times in testing.

Again with the Thothie lamenting the fact that we are stuck with the hitbox system, when we should just be using bounding boxes. Simple squares are better for Coop - complicated hitboxes are for competitive MP games where debate about where your arm was at a particular moments comes into play.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I swear, Thoth, I was around the corner you can't shoot a skulk who's around the corner with a shotgun wtf

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Stability potions don't seem to give immunity to stuns, and they don't seem to show any notification in the event hud when I use them.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
I swear, Thoth, I was around the corner you can't shoot a skulk who's around the corner with a shotgun wtf
Commander researched the "Kennedy bullet" upgrade for us.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Now that the gray chest skin is being used for individualized chests, it might be a good idea to swap the skins for the chests at the end of Bloodrose to the normal brown and yellow ones, since they aren't individualized chests.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's a few of those out there... One in nm_thornlands too, IIRC... Can't think of a good regex to track them all down... Might be simpler to make a new skin for the individualized chests. :\

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, it seems dwarven bolts actually "tried" to damage those monsters I mentioned but dwarven bolts apparently are fire based even tough I didnt get any message saying they resisted the attack

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's raw damage, not an applyeffect, so they don't get a chance to resist it, only reduce the damage. Should always do some damage, lest they are completely immune to fire. It won't push anything with more than 1000hp though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
Stability potions don't seem to give immunity to stuns, and they don't seem to show any notification in the event hud when I use them.
There's no indicator (fixed that much), but I think the stun resistance caused a confict with the helms, and thus was offed. The stun resistance isn't setup dynamically like the elemental resistance system. Be tricky to set it up so this isn't an issue, but I'll look into it.

It should still prevent you from being pushed or launched by just about anything. The only exception should be those push events flagged "override" that are there to prevent you from merging with other models and getting stuck - such as the Sorc teleportation system. (Think that's about the only one at the moment, actually.)

Still wish I could get a clue about this odd "skeleton lag". Can't even duplicate it on the Netbook's MSC install, and it can barely run the damned game.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I ran World Walker flawlessly on my private [FN] listenserver yesterday, then I went to my own server and it ran pretty good until some dude joined. Massive lag followed by a crash. Server restarted, tried again, same dude joined, but then it somehow ran moderately good, Tentadrilus joined, and it still ran moderately good (still laggier than my server is on average though). Looks like I can't duplicate it all the time now :X
I'm still trying to find people who are experiencing similar bugs. Humansteak told me he had the same issue in World Walker, sfor and ara.

Edit: I think I have discovered at least one source of the lag (at least for me). When I'm holding a dagger in World Walker, I get mad lag. I have a neck hunter, flamelick and litch tongue in my inventory and I get sick lag spikes when I hold any of these. Other weapons don't seem to cause this.

Everytime I grab a dagger, the console tells me this:

cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: __MsgFunc_Item --> Begin
cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: __MsgFunc_Item --> Begin

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sorry to keep spamming about this aleyesu business...

I can host and play aleyesu on my private [FN] listenserver.
I copied the file to my dedicated server.
Whenever I try to host it on my dedicated server, the [FN] connection is automatically broken because the map is supposedly invalid.

I've tried everything I can think of. Can someone (preferrably a server admin) send me his aleyesu.bsp? Not that I think it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
It appears that the Fire Reaver in Mscave is not spawning its chest as well.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Maybe HL is having trouble finding the map file. Dunno why..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
But why just that map, and why just him? :\

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
But why just that map, and why just him? :\

Mine does the same thing for aleyesu, but mine will also chain crash over and over again every 5 minutes or so. It says "This map differs from Blasto Back's" and I have to manually change the map to edana.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I got the same aleyesu error, but it stopped after I reinstalled the patch.

EDIT: Now I'm getting some sort of weird steam verification or authentication error.

EDIT2: Seems to be working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.