Bug Reports: JAN2010b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Bloodrose:

Slithar bugs sometimes and goes into a summoning frenzy. He'll just stand there summoning and he'll teleport to his first spawn and disappear/appear/summon over and over again.

I don't know why/how this happens, I've only seen it happen twice.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Came here to post that random items keep going poof on my main character for no reason at all, already lost a phoenix armor + bloodstone ring like 3 or 4 weeks ago, today (after reobtaining both items like 1 or 2 days after i noticed their loss) they went poof on me again, but this time i noticed that my fshard followed their example aswell. :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I'm currently fiddling around with some mapper tools and I can't get any of my totalHP or avgHP triggers to work...

Here's an example of one of the triggers in my test map:
Code:
model          *114
scriptname     other/totalhp_trigger
wait           3
delay          1
targetname     1000;1250
target         boom02
classname      trigger_multiple

Whenever the total HP in-game is between 1000 and 1250, this trigger is supposed to cause an explosion named "boom02". But even if I use a char with less than 1000 HP or a char with more than 1250 HP, I see the explosion.

I have six triggers and none of them work as they should:
Code:
1000 ≤ totHP
1000 ≤ totHP ≤ 1250     <--- entity keyvalues shown above
   0 ≤ totHP ≤ 1250
1000 ≤ avgHP
1000 ≤ avgHP ≤ 1250
   0 ≤ avgHP ≤ 1250

I also tried "triggers/totalhp_trigger" and "triggers/trigger_avghp" instead of "other/totalhp_trigger" and "other/trigger_avghp", respectively, but they don't work as they should, either.

Both triggers activate regardless of the total amount of HP or the average amount of HP. It's as if the trigger_multiple entities don't 'read' the scriptname property.

I've looked at sfor and the approach you used there is almost identical to mine:
Code:
model          *112
scriptname     other/totalhp_trigger
targetname     601;99999
target         spawn_boss2
spawnflags     2
classname      trigger_once

The only real difference is the entity type...
Why won't my triggers work properly? Do they only work on [FN]-approved maps or am I missing something here?

Meh, don't recall having this problem before, but as a work around, set the trigger to not accept clients via the flags. The script will still work, but the default trigger behavior wont. Issue here is the default trigger behavior isn't being overriden for some reason - and I'm not sure how to make it so it would be again.

Really need to move this to a code side function, that would solve the issue.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Enabling the "No Clients" flag makes none of them do anything at all.
kanyepng.png

Odd, they work for me that way. :/ You sure the scrtipname entry is still there?

Code:
{
  "model" "*15"
  "wait" "10"
  "scriptname" "triggers/totalhp_trigger"
  "targetname" "400;900"
  "target" "txt_test"
  "spawnflags" "2"
  "classname" "trigger_multiple"
}

That one works.

I've had issues with characters over 1000hp or so reading properly though - there's object to object issues with reading HP from them sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.