Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Be handy if someone could go to RKS #2, find something that does push vel often (like a bomber or explodie bolts dwarf), go at it with a shield, and see if it stops you from being pushed (while the shield is up) - or the same with bear claws. Would verify that my fix for scriptflags works on-line. (Was gonna do it myself, but then the server got occupied.)

edit: Also, now RKS #1 is getting the same treatment, seeing as how it's empty - maybe I'll try there.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Two bugs:
1) Rune Blade of Affliction poison cloud (charge #3) doesn't seem to hit mobs... Seems like the cloud is a bit too high or something, although it's hard to tell.
2) The throw (charge #2) of all tomahawks is broken. The tomahawk actually flies back for about half a meter and then hits an invisible wall, no matter where you are standing. It's hard to explain but it looks pretty odd. Even if you're hugging a monster, you won't hit.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Be handy if someone could go to RKS #2, find something that does push vel often (like a bomber or explodie bolts dwarf), go at it with a shield, and see if it stops you from being pushed (while the shield is up) - or the same with bear claws. Would verify that my fix for scriptflags works on-line. (Was gonna do it myself, but then the server got occupied.)

edit: Also, now RKS #1 is getting the same treatment, seeing as how it's empty - maybe I'll try there.
I went to RKS #2 (underpath) and wandered into a cave ogre nest. They pushed me around but as soon as I entered bear form they couldn't push me anymore. So this fix works! I didn't have a shield on me though...

Thothie said:
Will the new master on trigger_relay save your map?
Haven't had time to test this yet and I must go shortly but maybe I can still squeeze a quick test in.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
Two bugs:
1) Rune Blade of Affliction poison cloud (charge #3) doesn't seem to hit mobs... Seems like the cloud is a bit too high or something, although it's hard to tell.
2) The throw (charge #2) of all tomahawks is broken. The tomahawk actually flies back for about half a meter and then hits an invisible wall, no matter where you are standing. It's hard to explain but it looks pretty odd. Even if you're hugging a monster, you won't hit.
Shall examine.

Had an incident with the Aby worm where he was nearly dead, went to his center point, but never raised out of it (kept attacking though). Will see if I can reproduce, however, the server was nearly dead from all the mobs - may have just been lag. Server died shortly afterwards. (edit: Yeah, seems to have just been lag, canna reproduce.)

I'm really thinking we need to remove all the mobs and suspend their spawning when he's up, but I'd need some new code side function to pull that. Server just can't handle all the mobs that spawn while people are trying to run back to him, plus his own BS. Server can't handle all the mobs that spawn when players run off in different directions in general.

Almost thinking we need some sort of map-wide spawn cap option - with some flag to let specific spawns (say like boss spawns) to ignore them, if we're gonna keep making maps like this.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
That stuff with trigger_counter and ms_counter is worse than I thought... explanatory image

What are your thoughts on this? I haven't tried with a higher "count" value but my guess is that a trigger_counter (with a master) will activate if it is targeted at least once while the master is active, instead of the amount of times as specified by the "count" value... All the other triggers can happen when the master is inactive :sad:
I don't actually need a system like this for my map (anymore, see below) but yeah I stumbled across this problem yesterday and it's just so... stupid.

The good news is: Your addition of the "master" key to trigger_relay works! Flawlessly, I might add. So thanks a ton for that!

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
sooo for some reason my galat chest says it's full

which is weird since i haven't put or taken anything out in ages so why would it spontaneously be full?
so i took a couple potions out and hey look
it still says it's full!
what the heck?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gimme yer Steam ID and affected character slot, that I may examine.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
STEAM_0:1:18944283
first character slot (left one)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
AlphaDeadly.jpg
"Working..."

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
By the gawds... Do ya'll realize we're up to 10,872 characters on file now?
(Bleh, gettin so it takes awhile for me to bring down test archives.)

(Also we're up to #19 on ModDb, but I doubt it'll last.)

Anyways...

Took two items out and it was fine to take new ones... But dumping your bank to file, I am seeing some corrupt items in there (prob dating back to 2010 or so), so it may vary with which you remove.

I suppose you can get everything you can out and use the resetbank option at console.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
oh well
i doubt i'll be putting anything on my bank as of right now sooo i guess i'll live with it

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
(this was on RKS #01; FEB2015d)

Killing Flesh Eater's second form (bloodrose), i.e. after he has stood up, will violently blow up the server.
I only tried twice though, once without using rebuking magics, and once with, but I have the feeling it's gonna be a guaranteed crash. That script has severely misbehaved before.

It's kind of like the ethereal vermicular egg spawn crash in cleicert (did you manage to fix that?) I guess.

Edit: Great work on all the patches though. I don't wanna sound overly negative with all these bug reports. You're churning out emergency patches like never before I think. Has there ever been a 'd' patch...? Again great work.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Someone said something about Horror Egg crashes, not looked into it yet.
edit: Not happening with Voldar... hrmm...
edit2: Not on VWorm either. :/

Effing Flesh Eater... Re-wrote that script from scratch trying to fix this once, it's something else on the map that happens when he dies and I've got no clue what, as I cannot replicate it. Even on-line, never seems to happen when I'm there. :/

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MSC: Community said:
Nixed that bug... Someone was moaning about the Bludgeon's tossing axes and never returning, so I put a timer cap on it - not realizing the Tomahawks were using the same script via #include, and not initializing the same timer.

Origin on the throw seems off, but meh, always has been hard to make consistent. Thing should really be a client side projectile, but meh, that'd take time and a client side patch.

Onto the rune blade...

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Thothie said:
By the gawds... Do ya'll realize we're up to 10,872 characters on file now?
(Bleh, gettin so it takes awhile for me to bring down test archives.)

(Also we're up to #19 on ModDb, but I doubt it'll last.)
42 downloads off of ModDB today! :oldshock:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah... Just wish I had been the one to actually put it up there... >_>

Kinda wanted to wait until we had a more debugged full installer, but some ModDb mod doesn't like it when you remove an install file without putting up a new one, and did us a "favor".

As for the Runeblade - seems to be working - though it's true the particle effect is a bit higher than I recall it being... It's using the older poison_cloud script - moved it to the newer one, and adjusted the origin down, but it doesn't look quite as good. Poisons everything it touches just fine though.

I'm gonna boost the cloud damage while I'm there - that thing is darn hard to get.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Bloodrose appears to be crashing unusually frequently, without any apparent cause... It just crashed for us twice, but it was at the beginning of the map, before fighting any bosses or anything. I'll try to run it some more and see if it keeps happening.

Edit: Crashed again, this time fighting the green skeletons shortly after beating slithar the first time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, would need something more specific than "it crashes a lot" - but I'll take a run at it again eventually. Also be sure no one is running rmines on one of the other servers when yer testing that, as the timeout delays that result will often smash the other servers as things get out of sync.

The whole Slithar skeleton run is pretty entity heavy though, specially if you have a lot of players.

Thothie said:
I'm really thinking we need to remove all the mobs and suspend their spawning when he's up, but I'd need some new code side function to pull that. Server just can't handle all the mobs that spawn while people are trying to run back to him, plus his own BS. Server can't handle all the mobs that spawn when players run off in different directions in general.
Think I've figured a way to do this script side, and keep it an optional server-side patch. May test tomorrow. Basically, it should make all the existing mobs calm down and fade out a lot faster, and prevent any more from spawning while the boss is alive - might make it viable.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
So this guy called Shiro can't rotate his character around infinitely by moving his mouse left and right. He seems to be able to rotate exactly 360 degrees, but then must rotate the other way around again. He has cam_idealpitch, cam_idealyaw and cam_contain (if that even helps) all set to "0", like me, but that didn't work.

Does anybody know of some console command that would remove this limit on this camera view?

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Torwhodoc ignores you if you +use him, but if you use "menu interact" his menu (and shop) do show up.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
golden skeleton and shadahar 's death circle do no damage
boss tag xp bonus is not working
the ice giant in shender_east gives 1.5k xp for 3 players
shad_palace sercet part has no chest after iron guardian is defeated
Demon bludegon hammer not always vamping hp from living hostiles (somtimes vamp sometimes dont)

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Harry (old_helena) also ignores +use, and when you use "menu interact" on him, his menu shows up, but clicking the Shop option does nothing.

Sataniac

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
I have heard several people say they can't turn more than 180/360 degrees
Tell them to untick "Raw mouse input", then it should be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.