Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: Bug Reports FEB2015a

Damn... I'll double check the DLL dates in a bit, but I suspect it's the client side thing... *sigh*

Dun worry about tempting fate - it's merely not releasing your attack status. This isn't saved with character data.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Issue also still persists on RKS #1 (tested with a lovely training shield, which is now in a pit somewhere).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Beat me to it...

*sigh* Yeah, this is gonna require a client side patch.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

On the plus side, rmines mobs seem to be fine - though it maybe because I'm alone.

And my shield works, at least, cuz I h4x and have the client side fix. :/

In any case, yeah, we tracked down what it was - also restored the shield anti-push thing. Bugger is it's gonna be a client side patch though...

...I dunno if I have the strength to upload another 800MB patch, and thus update the full installer to "FEB2015b" though. :oldcry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Lemme take a few more stabs at fixing rmines first... Seems the last attempt didn't work after all - they just didn't start vanishing until I played for at least two minutes.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Testing new rmines fix on RKS #2

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Rmines mobs work now...

Boss is buggared to all hell though.

Strongly advise against using explosives you find laying around to blow up walls, for now.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Rmines mobs work now...

Boss is buggared to all hell though.

Strongly advise against using explosives you find laying around to blow up walls, for now.
Do it anyways, trust me! It'll be fun!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Found the worm problem... MiB and I keep getting our code out of sync... Isn't normally a problem, but did some rather massive changes this patch... And, really, I shouldn't of applied such a massive code patch with so little time to test - being why some of this didn't come up in alphas.

Time to setup that SVN I guess.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

I thought it was hilarious, even though he completely whooped all eight of us :razz:
Did you manage to fix that invincible dwarf by the way?

Also minor bug report: When viewing the inventory in the new "Small" mode, there are some icon mismatches:
  • Acid plate has the dark armor icon
  • Cold helm has the helm of stability icon
These issues don't occur in "Tiled" and "Descriptions" modes.

FASCINATING change to the inventory system, by the way. Ten out of ten, two thumbs up, five stars!

Edit: Another bug, which only seems to happen in certain maps (like isle, where I'm now): The third person camera goes through walls, rather than get blocked by them (if you're close to a wall, or zoom out, that is)...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

MS:C community said:
I thought it was hilarious, even though he completely whooped all eight of us :razz:
Did you manage to fix that invincible dwarf by the way?
He shouldn't be freezable during his death sequence - he clears his applyeffects, is invulnerable, and yet it happens for some reason... So, I've just kinda hacked it that if he dies, he WILL remove and suicide 15 seconds later, even if his death sequence doesn't complete for whatever reason. Same for Bloat boy (30 secs for him though - longer telegraph).

For some reason it is neigh impossible to make sure an animation sequence completes in this darn game.

Also minor bug report: When viewing the inventory in the new "Small" mode, there are some icon mismatches:
Acid plate has the dark armor icon
Cold helm has the helm of stability icon
These issues don't occur in "Tiled" and "Descriptions" modes.
Meh, gonna chawlk that up to aesthetic and not deal with it in this emergency patch. Sadly, we couldn't make a scaling HUD icon system, so it means I gotta dive through two 196 frame item sprites to fix any of that. Takes a customized sprite compiler to make those sprites too - I dunno what we're gonna do when Half-Life finally chokes on that.

Edit: Another bug, which only seems to happen in certain maps (like isle, where I'm now): The third person camera goes through walls, rather than get blocked by them (if you're close to a wall, or zoom out, that is)...
That's beginning of time ancient... Not much of anything we can do about that - third person cam has no wall detection, and I don't think we have the collective expertise to add it - if we can even get to it from the DLL side of things.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Bug report: While I really appreciate your effort in fixing the knockback-d.o.t. bug, I fear you might have accidentally overreacted or 'done a bad' somewhere :razz:
  • monsters/wolf_ice
  • monsters/wolf_ice_alpha
  • monsters/ogre_ice
...now no longer do actual cold d.o.t. at all! They merely freeze you ("You have been frozen!") and the slowdown effect is applied, but there's no damage done.

I guess this fixes the knockback but all three mobs are quite a bit easier now. I don't think this was your intention.

I'll test the thunderbird in a few.

Edit: Oh dear, the thunderbird (monsters/eagle_giant_thunder) is in worse shape: Even though he can electrocute you ("You have been electrocuted!") he, too, does no d.o.t. at all (so I guess he doesn't really electrocute you)...
However, his now-non-existant d.o.t. does still push you around >.>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

[On second thought, nevermind. We're down for a bit.]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

[Push DOT fixes = No DOT]
Great, not critical though... Will add to the list. No clue, off hand, how that happened though.

Hush 2.0

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Small thing I found: Sylphiel seems to enhance her soup-stock, every time you talk to her.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Thought I fixed that... Bleh, stock up on infinite soup while you can, I suppose. :(

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Re: Bug Reports FEB2015a/b

People are floating armor. No body inside at all, spooky!

EDIT: UMMM... SOooooooOOoo someone just tried to use glow, and it made the charging noise but didn't do anything. I thought I'd test it myself, and when I click attack-to charge the tome... it makes the spark noise, like it's activated, then proceeds to make a "Drop" noise... I now have 9 copies of the Glow Tome... So it duplicated it for me... :oops:

I'll pit them..

EDIT EDIT: It's every scroll....

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I C... I can't think of anything in the B patch that'd cause that... Hoping it's just a temporary "server being screwy" sorta thing.

edit to your edit:
Goddamnit...

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

My only guess is whatever you did to fix shields caused it. :?

In retrospect I should've probably PM'ed you that

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well yeah, screw that then...

*sigh* How in the hell...

Shutting everything down while I figure how in the hell I'm gonna recover from letting that cheat into the world.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Means I gotta make a mandatory patch now. :oldcry:

I can't think of a way to re-activate FN and also stop that patch from working on it, and still work on FEB2015a.

And I'm getting yelled at for not being asleep. >_>

That's assuming I can fix it, as I've no clue how that happened.

edit:
Oh *AND* the f*cking TCAdmin panel decides to lie to me when it says I stopped the services... Great... *sigh* Everyone's gotta be chocked full by now.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score

it seems the repulsing shield of unholy blade is failed
no shield giving out when holding secondary attack

another question, is the iron guardian a boss? that thing does not have a boss tag

EDIT: Client is out of dated - Feb2015a cannot join Feb2015c RKs servers, waiting for patch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.