b_castle [REL]

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The release was EARLY, if anything, and out of impatience ;-)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Was not early. I had planned for its release the beginning of the month. I may have pushed Thothie though for the chest which I am sorry about. Also, all I needed were "fillers" for the other chests. So, next patch, it could be changed to something else. Something a little more suitable to the map.... Maybe relocs in the *other chest*

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah relocs should be in the ambush chest so you have to do that THEN KZ to have an effective shortcut :p.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm calling it early, since Thothie didn't have the treasure scripts written to what they should be (they're just placeholders atm, I thought)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Initially the other 2 chests are were place holders. But now I guess the main chest will be changed. Also, what SHOULD be in the other chests? relocs in the trap zone (so people will actually get to see that rather than not knowing it exists). And what in the KZ? I say greater holy arrows but what do you think?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like what it has now, its a good resupply... maybe add some gold and thothie can have it do the random item select thing from the "great" list. GHAs would also be a nice touch.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Elemental resist items would be nice (potions, items, whatever)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Falls into the element resist potion category..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...yeah... I always like how somehow "poison" became an element in this game... ;)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No I dont want any resistance potions in there. Using the KZ path way is fast and effective enough already. I don't want to make it any easier for the player. I was also thinking of putting something at the bottom part of the map... Opposite of the spawn area. Since that area is completely usless, (only wolves spawn there), I was thinking of another chest or a quest starter.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Whats the trans gonna be from?

EDIT: Er, what map connects to yours?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I mean put resistance items in the boss chest

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Shuri: No idea, I did want it to come from Sfor, at the door where the bridge was broken. But I was informed that there is already something behind that.

MiB: Ah ok, that might happen but, if so, I would like thoes to be semi-rare as well.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Lol - Yes, there's something behind it XD

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
No, that would make the map way too easy =|

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some of you know me already. I'm the guy who been playing b_castle non-stop for the past 5 days and a total of 63 runs (as of when this post was started), I finally got a Urdualian Shield (Not that I wanted it anyway | I am after the Dark Sword from the start). All I can say is, even if you do this map with more than 6 people... You can only hope for items to spawn out of that god damn chest. I got items with only 2,3,5 and 6 people. So even though you'd think more people give you loot, it's only based on pathetic percentages.

Even after 62 runs, I didn't got anything.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Sounds like you're just unlucky. I know a LOT of RiPs have them already, and we only did a few days of running =X

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
63 runs, assuming an hour for each, that comes to 2.5 days... Assuming you aren't sleeping eating... Assuming you are that's 5.25 days, provided you spend at least 12 hours per day playing MSC, meaning, you do nothing else, and don't go to work/school. Assuming you are paying rent or are planning to in the future, and thus that’s out, and were playing at least 5 hours per day, every day, yer looking at 13 days... Which would be longer than the map's been out. So either you've absolutely no life, or yer exaggerating a tad, like, pretty much everyone else who says, "I did map blah run xx insane number of times, and got squat." ;) [With the exception of Shaddhar, where I’d almost believe you, as the odds are astronomical for him.)

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Actually I eat, sleep normally. I don't have school or work until next month. My parents pay the rent. My brother was out of town (he's back so now he uses the comp more). 63 runs 40 minute atleast and probably 10 hours a day.

Roughly 16 run per day.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
With 6 or more players over 500hp, your odds of getting one or the other is are 50%. (Always gives one or the other)

At 8-10 players with 500hp, your odds of getting both are 100%.

With less than six players it's 5% chance per player for either/or.

In addition to having the free time to play MSC 10hrs a day for 4 days straight, you've some really crappy luck. ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Each player with 500+hp bumps it 5%.