[07/24/05] Kuroneko

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
My turn to make one of these...

07/24/05

I've been working on updating some of the older maps that we really haven't touched, or don't have the source for. I've added mp3 music into mscave, challs, calruin, sfor, and heras and made sure all of the scripts are correctly using the new base files. I made a few minor changes to sfor. In Calruin, I've done quite a bit... I've implimented the riddles that the old team left behind, and also made Calruin's chamber more exploit proof than it used to be. Also, I edited the venomous spiders so that what they spit acctually poisons you. Along the same line, the thief dagger now has a chance to poison the target upon a successful hit.

========

I'm currently working on using Con Artists new models in the weapon scripts. It's already caused me one too many head aches, but it seems to be working better now. This has saved us SO many models!

=Totaly Complete!=

The time system seems to be running just fine so far, need more stress testing on it though, just to make sure it won't crack. Some stores will now open and close at certain times of the day. Various things will also only happen at certain times of the day ;)

Flying arrows are using the right submodel now! \o/

NPCs can know what the current time and weather is, and react accordingly.

All of the quests in Edana now appear to be if top working order. That includes the mayor quest which has only half worked in past versions.

Companion system has been introduced. Basicly, in certain places you'll be able to get an animal/person to follow you around everywhere you go. You can issue simple commands to them and they will respond accordingly.

Thats all for now.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Internal patch 006 has been uploaded, features include...

Various difficulty of orcs

Ents for working brush-based clocks

Sounds added for volcano, lightning, and firewall

updated Edana and thornlands bsps

Con Artists p_ models (which has saved about 24 models! )

Some minor errors fixed in the miscitems

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I've been cleaning up some of the scripts, making sure everything is in working order. Dogg has also been doing some cleaning up. As it would seem, Fadda B won't be able to work on his maps enough to get them finished for release, so I've taken over the task. I finially get to use my bandit models ^_^. But...some help would be nice ;) I got one of them just about ready, only needs a bit more work until it's totaly ready. Mainly, I need a model of an eagle, not a skin, just an eagle. A large eagle, roughly player sized, maybe larger. I also need to make another lightning spell...hrmm...Helena is looking just about done, lots of surprises there :D , need to spruce up the visuals tho. On an unrelated note, my watch band keeps breaking, it's getting annoying. And I have Quest on the first through the 3rd, so I'll need to make up for that lost time. I hope we can get all this done soon...We can.