Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
troll_ogre_msc_troll.jpg
troll_ogre_rl_ogre.jpg

troll_ogre_rl_troll.jpg
troll_ogre_msc_ogre.jpg

MSC is some sort of bizarro world where Trolls and Ogres have swapped traditional physiologies.

(Or, more accurately, we got our the green troll model after the old ogre model had already been labeled 'troll', and put under the script header 'troll', and now that we have something that actually looks like a troll, it's just way too much trouble to go back and swap the scripts, and then change the scriptfiles in every map that uses them - thus 'ogre' is now 'troll' - and welcome to bizarro world.)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
FFS Thothie, why isn't that model the fucking Lightning Djinn, christ you have no consistency! :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orochi said:
FFS Thothie, why isn't that model the **** Lightning Djinn, christ you have no consistency!
Actually, it is. "Shahaddar Lightning Djinn" - but I figured it was a mouth full for the post. :p

Shad Palace has both varieties...

...If the wiki were still alive, I'd point to it and say that Djinn's can be Trolls, Ogres, or anything else a Wizard or Shaman can tame well enough to stick an Elemental into - but alas...

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Not just that, ya sod. There's plenty of other things like that. Like the whole Ice Djinn Ji-Ax thing you never yielded to me on :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's no lack of consistency there - just a lack of self-cloning. :p

'sides, I said ye could make an alternate summon model if you were so desperately inclined, but ye never did.

Although, thanks to Little-G, IIRC..
moragor_ice_djinn.jpg
We do have an "Ogre" Ice Djinn, now. An Ogre would likely be a bit mean for that level though - plus the added mobility would make him likely to cliff himself. Ji-Ax is mean enough for around level 25 as it is. ;)

But like I said, you can stick an elemental into anything. Maybe even a fire elemental into a boar...
lava_boar.jpg
...if you were so inclined. ;)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Also, there's the whole regular ice troll thing... :wink:

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, MS:C is great and I've started about 2 weeks ago. I'd like to see more people play rather than the normal 6-12 I see daily.

Btw JM remember this?

Zun (At Old_Helena Surge): OMFG FREEZE THAT N****R OGRE WHO HAS 999999 HP!

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
All we gotta do is put some effort into the development and it'll spread over all HL1 players. (about 30 or 50 :mrgreen: )
I'm still up to create both, MSC and MS:S textures for ye guys.
Just contact me via email, or even better, FPSBanana.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, MSS would be the exception to the rule. They can recruit here all they like.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, after all the two mods are brothers/sisters

We would be willing to help you out if you need it sometime.

Raider666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I found MSC to be a nice experience for a new player. I was worried because I had a 33 fencer lan char and I was like "OMG if I go to FN ill has to starts all over!!!" But then I quit being a baby and made my FN char and in no time (no time= mindless hours spent killing shad remains) here I am a level 35 Titan!!! Great work Thothie it was really an experience building up from the bottom again and having to actually worry about ferocious boars and such (lol) I like the community (except zun)
and always have fun playing. Except for this strange MSC phenomena I keep coming across where large groups of people seem to enjoy standing around talking in the game rather than actually going to play/kill things, I really dont get that and it happens pretty frequently. (that is what chat rooms are for people) LETS PLAY MSC!!!

Malchus

New Adventurer
Reaction score
As a new player that's still downloading the beta pack package, I have to say this is endless fun even in singleplayer so far! Thanks for the great game, recruiting my friends.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Raider, a lot of the community has been here a long time (I myself have been on the forums for just under 5 years but I've been playing Master Sword longer than that) so a lot of people know a lot of people (if that makes sense?) oftenly, after a map has been run or someone wants to pop to Helena for mana pots or to use storage, people will just stand around and talk for a while. This game has a small but strong community imo.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well yeah, the "chat" happens normally after we beat a map with either decent loot or it was a hard/long map to beat. We normally start discussing on what's balanced/unbalanced in this game and what would be better to expect in future patches, other than that, the chat can sometimes go "offtopic" and it never ends :wink: