Wow. Just wow.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I didn't think this (training parry) was THAT big a deal for two reasons.

1. Its being taken out and I'm fairly certain the algorithm that calculates my HP and MP that I gained from the hours I spent training parry will go away. 8)
2. It doesn't affect anyone else other than myself. I honestly don't see why anyone cares. :wink:

As for the trolling part, yes, I did that. Althugh in my defense, its not as if none has ever posted negative things in our guild thread. And as for moving to muchachadeen's forums, I felt this was a good step to avoid a flame war. We don't want one, we'd rather spent the time playing our favorite game. I've even asked my guild members to hold their tongue many times before flaming. I even attempted to message Shuriken to try to resolve this, but that didn't seem to work. :?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Parry is character-breakingly screwy. If you train your parry too much, you'll gain several fake levels, meaning you're level 40 but have the HP of a level 30. In short, you'll suck and you'll be a laughing stock to all the 30+s.

Alright, perhaps it isn't quite that bad...

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think parry training can be a bit misleading to new players. It's still a legit skill as of the latest patch. Most new players haven't been around long enough to remember when it was really out of hand, and really don't know that it's super taboo (although I'm sure more people have done it than are willing admit).

Sabre said:
The point being... That Cornholio has somehow become as arrogant as pimpsta. He apparently did that to desensitize the community to parry whoring...
At this point I wonder just how far he has shoved his head up his ass.

This seems a bit harsh to me. Sometimes I wonder if the point of these forums is to simply drive new players from the game before they have a chance to turn around and contribute something useful. Opinions widely circulate about how much "this" player sucks, and "that" player is a loser...

Username: brian4

This guy's been a member of the forums all of a month and a half and already he has the dubious distinction of being the "new Pimpsta". Wow, talk about a fair shake. Seems to me Cornholio's only mistake has been to assume that this community might appreciate his enthusiasm with MS:C. He seems to genuinely love the game, and seems ready to help others in-game, he seems to have a handle on the flow of props (up, up, up the ladder!)... Give the new players a little more wiggle room, a little more mentoring, and a little less vigilantism.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Dridje said:
I clicked that link........ :(
Damnit!

Look on the brightside, you don't have it bookmarked like razor. ;)

+1 lol

(No, I don't got it bookmarked, i can just remember things very good)
Oh, and guess what. They really were training Parry. Nando spammed Healing Circle and they pulled out their shields and AFK time...

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Picadilly said:
This guy's been a member of the forums all of a month and a half and already he has the dubious distinction of being the "new Pimpsta". Wow, talk about a fair shake. Seems to me Cornholio's only mistake has been to assume that this community might appreciate his enthusiasm with MS:C. He seems to genuinely love the game, and seems ready to help others in-game, he seems to have a handle on the flow of props (up, up, up the ladder!)... Give the new players a little more wiggle room, a little more mentoring, and a little less vigilantism.

The "new Pimpsta" title didn't pick up until after he left BoU for being in it for ~two days, to go create his own guild and the "If you'll only give me the code to MS:C, I'll help you out" attitude. We appreciated the help, but from previous experience, Thothie just doesn't hand out such information to anyone, especially if that person joined "Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:16 am".

Also, our "community" doesn't take kind to exploiters/hackers, and is probably why GoW took such a beating. We don't just look the other way and pretend it never happen, probably why the people who left this community enjoy yours more than ours.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
villager said:
The "new Pimpsta" didn't pick up until after he left BoU for being in it for ~two days, to go create his own guild and the "If you'll only give me the code to MS:C, I'll help you out" attitude. We appreciated the help, but from previous experience, Thothie just doesn't hand out such information to anyone, especially if that person joined "Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:16 am".

Also, our "community" doesn't take kind to exploiters/hackers, and is probably why GoW took such a beating. We don't just look the other way and pretend it never happen, probably why the people who left this community enjoy yours more than ours.

Wow, I have a community? I'm starting to feel like Betty Ford. I just offered to let Cornholio use the forums I host simply because he'd have more control over forums and threads, as a favor for someone trying hard to build a nice guild. As far as I know, he hasn't been busted for hacking or cheating. So, why all the animosity? I know for a fact that BoU is a very capable guild with lots of solid players. Is it really necessary to spend the rest of your lives hungrily panting after this guy for leaving? If it turns out he's up to no good, you'll be the second to know. So, what are you so worried about? If someone's going to hack MS:C, they're just going to do it. All the threats, cage rattling, and salivation isn't going to change that for an instant. This community responds quickly to hackers and does what it's supposed to, bans/deletes/rolls back, after there's evidence.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
He hasn't hacked, I'll give you that. However, he is known to exploit, and even archived exploits in the form of a thread in the BoU subforum(Said thread is deleted now). Come on. :roll:
See, if he hadn't started parry whoring and using exploits, then leaving BoU and making a guild(Without calling it FTL[Which is still lulzworthy]), then perhaps he wouldn't have had as much animosity, if any, directed towards him.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think everyone's said everything they are going to say. Now that this internet drama is over.

lockdsmiley.gif

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Cornholio, mind telling all of us how lvl 19's get Phx's before its locked?

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thats a little too harsh. I suggest check everybodys account in the guild first

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ooo so they farmed the map which has phoenix with 8 people (believe thats a 1/4 spawn chance) a bunch of times and gave phoenix to all their members. That's so hard to do, seriously, I wonder how they ever coudl even manage such a feat. Ontop of this, the new arty system rocks hard so it's pretty easy to select what you want if it spawns.

Gee Golly guys, I think we have a mystery on our hands! :roll:

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think they should put a addon to it as in when you pick the item you want it would say "Are you sure you want to pick this" sometimes people might pick the wrong item.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
!=-PhoeniX-=! said:
I think they should put a addon to it as in when you pick the item you want it would say "Are you sure you want to pick this" sometimes people might pick the wrong item.

Darwin disagrees.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thraxis said:
Ooo so they farmed the map which has phoenix with 8 people (believe thats a 1/4 spawn chance) a bunch of times and gave phoenix to all their members. That's so hard to do, seriously, I wonder how they ever coudl even manage such a feat. Ontop of this, the new arty system rocks hard so it's pretty easy to select what you want if it spawns.

Gee Golly guys, I think we have a mystery on our hands! :roll:
zing_normal.gif
zing_normal.gif
zing_normal.gif
zing_normal.gif
zing_normal.gif

Well said. I hope people will finally shut up now about the big mean satanical guild that is performing the horrible, vulgar act of farming a map with *shivers* eight people.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Our clan doesn't hack if thats what anyone is implying. We are a dedicated guild that has massive farming sessions for hours every day. We are taking simply advantage of the artifact system (which I love btw, great work Thothy). The reason you see a level 18 and such with a phoenix is because the higher levels try to help the lower levels train and aquire rares. At the same time, lower levels can speed the map up slightly for the higher levels, and increase spawn chances. Its a win win situation for all levels alike.

The more you know :idea:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Also, let's not forget that the Wicard Oven level range is 15 - 35 (from the top of my head). There's nothing wrong with a level 18 having a phoenix armor, in my opinion.
If you are offended by a level 18 (or 15 for that matter) person who has a phoenix armor, then boo ****ing hoo.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
C'mon now, we all know Jordy could of easily walk through, rather dodge and roll all over that dirty floor :|
That show was more like in the 90's, I think oO

Dejiko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
villager said:
C'mon now, we all know Jordy could of easily walk through, rather dodge and roll all over that dirty floor :|
That show was more like in the 90's, I think oO

crap...did I just make Jordy the new Chuck Norris? :oldshock:

Sancho

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Geordi La Forge can touch MC Hammer.

Geordi La Forge only has to use a stunt double when he does crying scenes.