I concluded the greater minions are too stupid to give 1500-1800xp

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can change this...

I don't have the free time to both script and map.

Unless you are suggesting I just dropt he XP multipliers and the treasure from Lodagond, and give them no where to go at all.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You can change this...

Unless you are suggesting I just dropt he XP multipliers and the treasure from Lodagond, and give them no where to go at all.

I can understand that this is a side-project, and I appreciate all the work and dedication you have...But at the same time, this means that you don't have the time to play the mod and test the changes you've made, in a practical sense... I believe that you could use a few more opinions. The problem is that people look at something and see that it's disproportionate, and they say "'Kay." and keep on doing it over and over. People only complain when there's not enough, and keep their mouths shut where there's way too much. You need some trusted opinions so that you can squash the exploits with ease. You've done great so far, but we've reached the point where you can't really do it alone. :|

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You can change this...

As long as Lodagond doesn't have the Orion Bow, Nova blade, Heavy Crossbow, ect. (All the rares that you can get somewhere else) I think the treasure is fine, I think Mal's xp is good for how hard he is (Need to start reinforcing the "No exploiting" policy and start rolling people back by two months)

I agree with Sabre completely.

EDIT: That bonus chest is still rediculous. It doesn't need anything in it but a few pots and some gold, no spells or weapons what-so-ever. :\

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to add that the "Maldora has already been fought today" is a good measure, but there are shortcuts in the series as it is, so it's a breeze to get back there. Loda-3, close the gates and destroy the orb in the middle, that cuts out like 20-30 minutes of work. Good ideas before, kinda bad ideas now. The uber reaver had a killswitch on it too, we axed that, I suggest slightly toning down Smash and axing the killswitch in the middle, if you want to prolong the series and make the overall XP more proportionate.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
But at the same time, this means that you don't have the time to play the mod and test the changes you've made, in a practical sense... People only complain when there's not enough, and keep their mouths shut where there's way too much.
What else has changed? [/sarcasm] It's not as if I've not been through lodagond ten times myself (development time does factor in play time), and yeah, half my best stuff is from there, but it seemed reasonable for the pain - until people started sploiting certain parts of it.

As long as Lodagond doesn't have the Orion Bow, Nova blade, Heavy Crossbow, ect.
None of that is there... Although the O.Bow and Hxbow were at one time.

The uber reaver had a killswitch on it too, we axed that, I suggest slightly toning down Smash and axing the killswitch in the middle, if you want to prolong the series and make the overall XP more proportionate.
Ice reaver has a killswitch? I know Crow started one, but I thought he never completed it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not at this time, but it did at some point, but I may be just confusing it with beta.

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The Tomahawks are all, hands down, the meanest 1h axes in the game.

If this is the case then one handed axes REALLY suck. Running a few more tests with shin's thomahawk, it does slightly more damage then a rune axe, but barely. Either way, they don't measure up to the amount of hurt you can lay down with a bigger two handed axe.

Again, these fail in the effort to reward ratio.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
The exp is fine. The ammount of exp needed for 40+ levels to level up something is crazy, if anything lodagond should give more exp...

Thothie is on the right track. He did something awesome...

Although I do think maybe the tomahawks could be beefed a little. Although to say that they are bad, is just plain wrong. It's a one handed axe that does quite a bit of damage and doesn't miss much. The throw is very weak, but it is extremely cool and fun to use.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
brian4 said:
The exp is fine. The ammount of exp needed for 40+ levels to level up something is crazy, if anything lodagond should give more exp...
No.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
This is a beta game, there's a lot of implications that come with that idea that I'm not going to go in to. For now, Loda is the highest level, highest xp, highest reward series, if you can play it, there is no reason to play anything else. The problem is half the community can play it, and it really doesn't feel like a 40+ series. A random group of level 30-35 people can complete the whole series getting crazy xp and loot. This series needs to actually ramp, loda one should be as is, and the maps should get progressively harder as they go, by the time a group hits loda 40, it should be hard enough to where it takes a group of level 40's to complete it.
For the tomahawks, req. vs reward seems to blow pretty hard compared to what's out there, again, we're back to the point of "You're using something that isn't a sword? Lol... that's dumb". I really don't get why some catagories are so obviously sub-par, I don't care what testing has been done or how they statistically compare, when the entire community of a game ignores some weapon catagories and uses others almost exclusively, that should be a hint.

I suppose a summary is in order, loda needs to ramp up in difficulty, bosses retain xp, normal monsters get a nerf early in the series, and a buff later to compensate for difficulty, make loda stop being a loot whore of a series, oh... and that "balance the weapons" thing.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I feel as if Loda-1(just the level) is actually harder than 3-4 at some parts

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Great, another boo hoo hoo post about the Loda series. Sabre, you don't have to play it if you don't want to. If other people want to play it, they have their reasons. You sure do like beating a dead horse. The crying about the xp and the parry whoring and the loot there is just tiresome now. Get over it...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sorry Sabre, but I agree with Slaytanic_pb.

The XP in this entire game is beyond worthless. In fact, I think "beyond worthless" doesn't even quite describe it. Monster difficulty and XP given don't increase at the same rate. In fact, the monster difficulty ramp is so much steeper than the given XP ramp, it's unbelievable.

The Lodagond maps are the only maps in this game that have (overall) semi-decent XP.
Also, the giant rat in Edana is the only monster that offers a realistic XP value for its difficulty.

And I think somebody posted something in this topic along the lines of "People train in Lodagond all day to get XP..." and basically when I read that I thought:
NO ****ING ****!
High level people have got to train somewhere in this game.

The only thing crappier in this game than the severe lack of XP are the "rewards" in islesofdread2.

tl;dr: Technially what HumanSteak said; the given XP in this game has to be raised pretty much everywhere.

People who disagree: flame me endlessly and pointlessly.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the giant rat in Edana is the only monster that offers a realistic XP value for its difficulty.

I think thats the main complain, the monsters who hand the most xp are pretty pathetic.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Slaytanic_pb said:
Great, another boo hoo hoo post about the Loda series. Sabre, you don't have to play it if you don't want to. If other people want to play it, they have their reasons. You sure do like beating a dead horse. The crying about the xp and the parry whoring and the loot there is just tiresome now. Get over it...
Excuse me for caring, then. I didn't just b*tch and whine, I offered solutions. You however, just waltzed in, and b!tched about the topic...How about offering something constructive?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The only thing crappier in this game than the severe lack of XP are the "rewards" in islesofdread2.
Can ye name me a better reward set that exists and isn't unique to another map? ("a Lightning Storm Scroll;a Granite Mace;a Dark Maul;Serpant Gauntlets;a Potion of Stability;a Golden Helm;a Wolf Charm;")

The sploits would have to be fixed as well, at the moment the map is effortless.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
JM, I'm going to disagree, and while by your own post I am now "flaming" and thus wrong, indulge me for a moment :p.

Xp and difficulty is relative, the only reason xp in loda seems great is because it is proportionally higher (difficulty to xp ratio) than anywhere else in the game. While the xp in higher level maps should obviously be higher, the *ahem* brace yourself for proper use of italics... ratio should actually be lesser, meaning, yes, the higher level you are, the harder the game is.

Now, speaking to the relativism idea, which is more reasonable, changing one map, or changing the rest of the maps in the game? If changed Loda would still be the only place for high levels to go, that's not the problem, the problem was and is that low level people are reaping the loot and disproportionate xp from the series as well. This isn't just the only place for high levels, it's the only place for anyone above level 26 or so. So, the solutions here are to keep the higher xp rate, and keep the precedent that the xp/difficulty ratio gets higher (easier, more rewarding) as you level and make all following higher level maps with this in mind to eventually level out the current jump we have in xp, or, we reduce the xp/difficulty ratio in loda down to what it is in other maps by either increasing the difficulty of the series (my vote is here) or reduce the exp in the series.

Now, tell me everything that's wrong with my thoughts on the situation JM, cause we won't get anywhere without your wonderful insight on the situation :mrgreen:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tradion is one of the original developers of master sword: continued. I convinced him to rejoin the development team. He may even try to get certain weapons unnerfed He is going to talk to Thothie about unnerfing the greater ice blade. There may yet be redemption for this mod!
His request to get the GiB unnerfed fell on deaf ears... I heard it got nerfed even more :| Yay for this crappy new patch!

This (no offense at Tradion)

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why are you reading muchahadeen forums?

edit: Certain "guests" of those forums have been trying to exploit their way into more secret threads. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? :roll:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
He is entitled to read those forums if he wants.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No more trains?

Just find proof of me as a registered user there, idiot

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hai guys, can I have the source code for my coding friend?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Hai guys, can I have the source code for my coding friend?
No, stop pretending to be a coder.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK Sabre, I'll give you a better post about what I don't like about your reasons.

For one, as far as I can tell the loda series is for now, an end game map, and I'm at the end of the game. There is not much else for me to do in the game so far. OK, there is getting the wolf charm, and the new sword. But let's leave that aside for now...

So, like I said, I'm at the end of the game. I still want to level up my skills, where else can I do that where it comes close to being worth my time? There's no where I can go to do that, other than Loda. So, please tell my why I should like having a map that's worth playing on for my level toned down, just because YOU don't like the xp it gives there?

How many skill do you have above 30? Just your sword, or maybe one or two others? I have ALL of my skills above 30, and every level I have to get for any of those skills takes a long time. I'm willing to put up with maybe 2-4 weeks of daily work just to get ONE full level in ONE skill, but not 2-4 months of daily work it would take to play on any other map.

As for the items that it gives there, what special items does it give that makes you feel it is so terribly wrong that they are on the Loda series? I don't remember seeing the U shield, the dark sword, the lrod, phoenix or golden armor, or even the raven mace being offered on those maps. I'm sure there are other items that are not offered that I can't think of right now, but it's enough to say that the Loda series doesn't give everything, and so it really doesn't pose such a big "threat" that you are making it to be. Besides, making it past loda-1 DOES make getting loot that is offered on the other maps is more than "zero" effort BS that you are spinning.

If anything I feel this is more to do with a guild that YOU don't like who are playing this map often, than it does with "this map is killing MSC".

I mean if you are going to complain about something, complain about the orion bow. That one weapon can rip everyone off from getting xp on a map, but that's another dead horse to beat.

As for the new axe, well I'm not too surprised about that. The only weapon that 's useful for killing anything in this game is some sort of sword. That's why there are so many damn fencers in this game. How many 40+ players do you know of that are NOT a fencer? There are about a handful that aren't, and I'm one of them.

To sum it up

The Loda series is does not give unfair xp or loot for the level of players it's meant for

This thread is just because you don't like a few players who like to play there

It's too bad the new axe is nothing special, and nothing is going to be equal to swords in this game