J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Please,
To assure that the nerfing of items in this game gets
pushed back to a minimum, it is important that you never,
ever post how useful, good and/or valuable an item is.

IF ITEMS ARE USEFUL, THEY WILL GET NERFED.

DON'T EVER SAY THAT AN ITEM IS GOOD.

I can
a) Quit the mod – being sick of fighting J-M and by proxy the entire BoU clan
b) Delete all J-M’s post
c) Start doing really nasty thing to players who conspire to make working on this game difficult, starting with J-M and Pheonix.

C is sounding the most fun.
Alright Thothie, you win.

I won't tell you what I think about option a), because my reaction would be more offensive than HAI2U!!!1 :).

On the other hand, option b) kind of gives me a ...-feeling, but because I don't want you to delete this post and this one in particular, I guess I won't reply to this scenario either.

Option c) had me thinking, of course.
So here you have it - I won't voice my opinions concerning game mechanics anymore in the public boards. I also won't use my opinions concerning game mechanics to get others to conspire to working on MS: C.
That's why I replaced the opinion concerning game mechanics in my signature with something that can't possibly be provocing.
Also, I know this isn't really my business, but what's your problem with 'Pheonix' (I assume you mean =-!PhoeniX!=- or !=-PhoeniX-=! or whatever he calls himself)? It seems to me that you're just targeting random people here. But whatever, it's not my business.

I removed my signature. Don't expect any horrible opinions concerning game mechanics from me ever again.
You win.

Now that I've decided to stop being a horrible man by posting my opinions concerning game mechanics, I hope you're not going to do nasty stuff to my character. I already shat this much bricks.
I don't see any posts from me which are actually conspiring to working on MS: C, but if there are any, please point me in the right direction so I can delete them.

And finally: I don't know what your problem with BoU is. Being the leader of the biggest, second oldest, most active, and one of the most successful guilds ever, doesn't mean that all of my guild members share my opinions concerning game mechanics. Please understand this. Whatever I say has absolutely nothing to do with my guild members, nor with what they think. Aische, Belmont, Cornholio (forums: brian4), Dudeman (forums: Dudeman418), Edric McTavish (forums: kings), Fadda, Gurluas, Homestar (forums: HomestarR), Jakio (forums: scooby3219), Joey, Matelite, MoRt (forums: Liv), Netrogor, Orochi, Syfer (forums: scaredwolf), Tentadrilus, Terry (forums: GaMBLoR), TrupaJay, Vengeance, Vugor, Xeropace and Zedrix (forums: Jelly) have done nothing wrong.

[[PanDa]]

New Adventurer
Reaction score
no offense, but... what the hell is all this crap about?
And why u acting so kiddie?

If u dont like how he works, create ur own mod instead of complain all the time :S

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I used to repsect both sides on the arguements, understanding about why an item needs buffing/nerfing. Yet it got silly with the Darksword business, I mean, it started because J-M pointed out the sword doesn't work how it's advertised which was all fair, Thothie then fixes that but also breaks something in the process, yet rather than wanting to fix it, Thothie, you start complaining about us wanting it fixed, which then leads to you just 'being sick of the item' and wanting it scrapped... Yet from your other posts it's obvious that you want it out because you think it's too powerful. Well if that sword goes, so does the ability to kill any of the higher end bosses. The stupid tricks you gave them make them impossible, they hit for hundreds of damage, they stun, they blind, they do one hit kill omfghax attacks which makes them impossible to kill with normal weapons, not to mention you love making them immune to most magic (which doesn't really matter anyway, I mean most spells have been nerfed to hell since I last played... What the hell happened to blizzard?).

Anyway, going off on a big tangent there. I'm just trying to say Thothie kinda lost me now with the "a) Quit the mod – being sick of fighting J-M and by proxy the entire BoU clan." J-M's opinion is HIS opinion. As he said, just because he is the leader of BoU doesn't mean you can drag them in to it. Untill now, I've rarely complained, I report a few bugs or things I believe don't make sense, but for most stuck playing even with the stuff that happens.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think Thoth is just getting a little burned out is all. Thoth, take a small vacation or something, we will be fine for a month or so. Just don't leave for good. JM, I don't think he meant that you should never post another opinion ever. I think what he wants is for you to state an opinion or grievance directly. He is probably getting tired of seeing hints and thrusts of that opinion/grievance in every post, which you seem to do in a very subtle manner. You have nearly perfected the art of subtle complaining. Not trying to offend anyone here, after all, this is simply my opinion. ^ucwutididther?^

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I usually don't like to get too involved in these kinds of things but this needs to be resolved, because the only outcome I see right now ends with someone leaving.

J-M, your opinion is perfectly fine, as long as it's not posted over and over and over. You need to accept that thothie might not give you what you want. It might suck, it might be unfair, it might be irrational, but drilling your opinion into thothie's head as much as you have is not going to change his mind unless you give him good reasons. Thothie is pretty much the only reason this mod stays alive. Even if he is being tottaly unfair, there is a point at which you need to realize that he will not cave, and arguing further is just going to piss him off. If thothie leaves, this mod dies.

Now for the other side of the argument.
It's also possible that is the darksword dies, it will render boss fights either impossible, or just too much work, and that will probably upset enough people that they won't want to play anymore, because boss fights are what this game is all about. Whats at the end of almost every level? A boss. Where do you get all the cool stuff? From bosses. Dark sword = boss killer. Take it away and you're gonna upset a lot of people. I honestly havent heard a good argument for nerfing the darksword besides it's too powerful. Thothie I know you're frustrated, but if you want to nerf the darksword, people are going to need a better reason then it's the most powerful weapon in the game. There will always be a weapon at the top. Maybe change the darksword so it takes away a certain percentage of an opponents life, thus it would only be useful agianst things with super high hp. This seems balanced enough to me. It's got a super high level requirement, it's hard to get, and its only good for one thing.
You could have a perfectly good reason for nerfing it, but we need to see it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I’ve no problem with the occasional opinion.

I’ve a problem with the same opinion, repeatedly, in every thread, in all caps.

I’ve a REAL problem, when it turns into a conspiracy to cause other players to give false reports or otherwise omit information critical to game development.

The whole thing started over something that was never nerfed – it was bugged - plain and simple. I wasn’t even considering nerfing it, until it turned into a twenty page epic rant, suggesting that the item in question was far more valuable than I had ever intended.

Certain folks never report any bugs that are in their favor, many of which are just plain exploits, and it makes it very hard to balance this game out. Usually this is just out of simple selfishness (RAMPANT in this community), but when such behavior starts to appear conspiratorial, it becomes more than I want to deal with.

None of us on the development end get paid for this crap, and believe me, you couldn’t pay me enough to put up with this sort of abuse in real life. I’m sure I could find something to eat up 99% of all my freetime, and piss off Lady X just as much, and make a profit at the same time.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah I don't remember killing any bosses before the dark sword came ingame.

No wait that was a lie infact I remember having to kill a boss to get the darksword... hmm... oh then I must conclude that the darksword isn't needed to kill bosses, the darksword != boss killer, it simply equals the easy boss killer.

Thothie spends all this time and effort scripting these epic boss battles only to see that his bosses are killed in 25 seconds by 8 people crowded around a boss unleashing dark sword charges.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
[[PanDa]] said:
no offense, but... what the hell is all this crap about?
And why u acting so kiddie?

If u dont like how he works, create ur own mod instead of complain all the time :S
Thothie didn't make this mod. He simply maintains it, to a degree.

Thothie said:
I’ve no problem with the occasional opinion.

I’ve a problem with the same opinion, repeatedly, in every thread, in all caps.

I’ve a REAL problem, when it turns into a conspiracy to cause other players to give false reports or otherwise omit information critical to game development.
If there's a conspiracy to keep exploits in-game, it's all up in your head. You nerf items like a madman yells obscenities. Some people, such as J-M, decided to stop mentioning if an item was worth anything, so it would remain worth something.

Thothie said:
None of us on the development end get paid for this crap, and believe me, you couldn’t pay me enough to put up with this sort of abuse in real life. I’m sure I could find something to eat up 99% of all my freetime, and piss off Lady X just as much, and make a profit at the same time.
True, not a dime goes to you for personal profit, that I know of, for this. You have our gratitude for dedicating so much time to this. And you still aren't the epicenter of the community, no matter how cool it is that you help so much.

Shurik3n said:
Yeah I don't remember killing any bosses before the dark sword came ingame.

No wait that was a lie infact I remember having to kill a boss to get the darksword... hmm... oh then I must conclude that the darksword isn't needed to kill bosses, the darksword != boss killer, it simply equals the easy boss killer.

Thothie spends all this time and effort scripting these epic boss battles only to see that his bosses are killed in 25 seconds by 8 people crowded around a boss unleashing dark sword charges.
Did you read any of the posts before replying, or simply skim something you felt you could fire off a troll-charge?
Thothie has made the bosses so "Legendary" in their own rights... that it takes a ridiculously massive expanse of time to kill a boss on a server.
Even with the darksword, it can take a good bit of time if you don't have enough people using it. And if you get too many players onto the server, it crashes. In the rare event you successfully get a number of middle-to-high-end players in-game, it ramps the monsters up so you are fighting something yet stronger (I think?). Then it crashes anyways.
You look at the boss you have to fight in order to obtain the dark sword? He can do over a thousand damage in a single shot, is extremely resistant to damage, heals twice your maximum hitpoints should he kill you (and he most likely will if you don't kill him before he gets a charged shot off of his own)... and then, to make matters worse, he has archers which have insane DoT effects, in addition to paralyzing, blinding, and freezing effects if you get hit.
The DarkSword, pumped up as it is, once obtained after an hour long boss-fight, is the only thing that makes a boss-fight manageable, these days (among other pump-it-up combinations of items, pertaining to various uses).

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I just want to say to Shurik3n, we mean the newer harder bosses.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but if that boss takes you an hour to kill you might as well just stop playing this game. If you meet the proper level requirements and have some decent weapons that boss takes MAYBE 15 minutes for 4 people, and with most farmings of that map running 6-8 people its no problem.

And learn to play the game, really, his super-mega-devastating 1000 damage attack is brought down to nothing if you block it. :O!!!!!!! :oldshock: :oldshock: :oldshock: Using legitamate game mechanics to beat a boss, thats unheard of!

The newer "harder" bosses are still perfectly killable by a pack of people that actually meet the requirements to fight them - without the darksword, I would know, I actually play the game instead of complain about it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You guys are acting like the Darksword is the only way to kill bosses, new or old. :roll:
Many of you fail to see that Thothie might nerf items out of spite, just 'cause you b!tch about them. Hell, I would too, I would never want to deal with a lot of this tripe.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Thothie said:

True, not a dime goes to you for personal profit, that I know of, for this. You have our gratitude for dedicating so much time to this. And you still aren't the epicenter of the community, no matter how cool it is that you help so much.

Kindly explain to me exactly what you think will happen if Thothie leaves.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie, you can trust me, if I ever see a false report about something, I'll post what it really is. If something is overpowered imo or exploitable, (unless it was reported already) I'll be the first to report it, so would many good players here.
Some people posted some very good points that should be read and taken in consideration.
I won't keep fighting for the darksword, I've already shared my opinion about it and anyway the choice is yours since you're the one who keeps this mod alive (and addictive).

I gotta agree that if it is nerfed, most long timers will be pissed because they all agree that Darksword isn't THAT good, or only good in certain situations, just like UGA is only decent against certain monsters.

Anyway since you don't play this game much, I think you should pick some players that you consider trustworthy and ask for their opinions separately for game balancing questions. This way, the game would become more of a cummunity game (how I always considered this game) than a one man game.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I'm a computer science major. With the help of a professiona programmer I know - xjiro, I am willing to work on this mod. If I could get a copy of the source code of this mod, I think I could maintain a balance, and give Thothy a well deserved break from coding, and give him more time to play it. While at the moment, I'm a newbie coder, and I'd be mostly dependent on xjiro and another professional coder I know, as I take more and more C++ classes, I'm only going to get better and better at programming to the point where I won't need help. Bah, I'm rambling, so I'l sum this up. Send me a copy of the source code for this mod, and I'll do what I can to help.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
As much as the offer is appreciated, Thothie is not going to hand out source code willy nilly. ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
I'm sorry, but if that boss takes you an hour to kill you might as well just stop playing this game. If you meet the proper level requirements and have some decent weapons that boss takes MAYBE 15 minutes for 4 people, and with most farmings of that map running 6-8 people its no problem.
Did you read what I posted, before hand? You honestly gotta cut that out... skimming & replying...
Anyways, as I previously said, if the boss kills you... he heals for twice your health. Most bosses are highly damage-resistant, these days. Ranging from spiders to animated pieces of armor. So, you need an item that will do enough damage to cover your own health twice over, should there be any form of risk you might die. Which brings us to Runeghar. His archers will paralyze, blind, poison, stun, and freeze you, whilst you try to kill him.
While you are suffering from those side-effects, with the DoT they cause, he has a clear shot at hitting you with a charge attack... and you can't spam-block the entire boss fight, otherwise it'll take an hour or so, anyways (which makes your argument bonk)... but, you also can't see for shit when blinded, so you won't know when to attack & when to block.

Shurik3n said:
And learn to play the game, really, his super-mega-devastating 1000 damage attack is brought down to nothing if you block it. :O!!!!!!! :oldshock: :oldshock: :oldshock: Using legitamate game mechanics to beat a boss, thats unheard of!
Whenever we try to use the game mechanics... if we do too good of a job at using them... they end up getting nerfed. Put demonclaws to use? Nerfed. Put demonblood to use? Nerfed, now anything that attacks too fast won't utilize it properly (it'll still make the sound, and drain your health, but it doesn't seem to give you a damage bonus half the time if you use the tork-blade or DCs-fast-attack; I wasted my last three demonpots before realizing this).

Shurik3n said:
The newer "harder" bosses are still perfectly killable by a pack of people that actually meet the requirements to fight them, I would know, I actually play the game instead of complain about it.
Have you been in-game, recently?
It's not just Runeghar, or whatever his name is. Certain bosses are insanely overpowered... hence the need for an item to counter them. Example... Atholo. Even if you meet the "requirements" to fight him... if he kicks you into a pit, it is all over, anyways. Or if he stuns you. Or uses his super-attack. And throughout all of this, you need to be able to do enough damage to him to kill him... while he heals off from your deaths, should you fail to pit yourself.

Before you try to discredit somebody by demanding they play in-game... make sure you actually know what you're talking about, yourself... and are aware you are blatantly lying by indicating somebody doesn't play in-game. ^^

EDIT:
Brian, after the Pimpsta incident, fascism is highly promoted in regards to the source code. Perhaps if you could hang around & gain the trust of Thothie, or of one of the actual MS-Devs, you could obtain a copy, and help us out (since helping with coding would be greatly appreciated). I hope you are fully trustworthy, in actuality & the opinions of those who have the source code, and get to help us out (with your friends). ^^

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I would like to reiterate what I'm trying to say:

I don't think the darksword should be nerfed or thrown away, I just think its silly that people think its the only thing that works to kill bosses with. Honestly, it just makes the fights faster, and wheres the fun in that. I don't think I could enjoy this game if bosses were killable in one shot. These bosses are SUPPOSED to be hard, the challenge is nullified if a bunch of people with darkswords fight them, and no, don't tell me they are still difficult for people with darkswords -- thats just an embarrassing admittance to how bad you are.

EDIT: Sorry Net, this bawwwwww'ing about how hard the bosses are isn't cutting it since you miss the point that they are supposed to be hard. Also, yes I have been ingame, a lot, and unlike you I know that atholo RARELY knocks you into the pits, he has one attack that does that, its his minions that do most the kicking.

Netrogor said:
Which brings us to Runeghar. His archers will paralyze, blind, poison, stun, and freeze you, whilst you try to kill him.
While you are suffering from those side-effects, with the DoT they cause, he has a clear shot at hitting you with a charge attack... and you can't spam-block the entire boss fight, otherwise it'll take an hour or so, anyways (which makes your argument bonk)... but, you also can't see for **** when blinded, so you won't know when to attack & when to block.

Runeghar doesn't have archers, do you even know which boss you're complaining about anymore? Or is it just blind whining now.

EDIT2: ^^

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
brian4 said:
I'm a computer science major. With the help of a professiona programmer I know - xjiro, I am willing to work on this mod. If I could get a copy of the source code of this mod, I think I could maintain a balance, and give Thothy a well deserved break from coding, and give him more time to play it. While at the moment, I'm a newbie coder, and I'd be mostly dependent on xjiro and another professional coder I know, as I take more and more C++ classes, I'm only going to get better and better at programming to the point where I won't need help. Bah, I'm rambling, so I'l sum this up. Send me a copy of the source code for this mod, and I'll do what I can to help.

PM Thothie about joining this mod. And can't you see people are fighting here? What are you doing trying to do? Help this mod grow and prosper? Psshhhhhh.....

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
I would like to reiterate what I'm trying to say:

I don't think the darksword should be nerfed or thrown away, I just think its silly that people think its the only thing that works to kill bosses with. Honestly, it just makes the fights faster, and wheres the fun in that. I don't think I could enjoy this game if bosses were killable in one shot. These bosses are SUPPOSED to be hard, the challenge is nullified if a bunch of people with darkswords fight them, and no, don't tell me they are still difficult for people with darkswords -- thats just an embarrassing admittance to how bad you are.

EDIT: Sorry Net, this bawwwwww'ing about how hard the bosses are isn't cutting it since you miss the point that they are supposed to be hard. Also, yes I have been ingame, a lot, and unlike you I know that atholo RARELY kicks you into the pits, he has one attack that does that, its his minions that do most the kicking.

Runeghar doesn't have archers, do you even know which boss you're complaining about anymore? Or is it just blind whining now.

EDIT2: ^^
Nah, I don't know my bosses too well. Despite playing in-game. Is Runeghar the boss who is an animated piece of armor? If so, then, yes, he does have archers. The boss on the map where the darksword spawns. Anybody who looks above them while fighting him would know that. :D

I wasn't saying the darksword specifically shouldn't be nerfed. If you bothered to read what I've posted, you'd see I had actually generalized that Thothie nerfs anything of basic use so that it is a "challenge".
Demon Claws. Nerfed, effectively useless beyond fast-attack for non-boss monsters.
DemonBlood. Nerfed/Bugged (unsure of why it doesn't give bonus damage more than half the time).
DarkSword. Probably will be nerfed to the point of being useless.
If you get stunned, Atholo loves to kick you. And it is so easy to be stunned when fighting him, if you don't immediately pit yourself after making a vague attempt to tap him.

Challenges are alright. Impossibilities are not, though.
Nerfing an item so the same boss becomes more difficult, or making said-boss more powerful, is stupid, too...
To keep a challenge going on, with the feeling of progression, and not repetition, we should have new maps, new bosses... not the same old ones, but made to give a "challenge" (yea, a challenge to those with 800+hp, and an impossibility to others).

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
What is this "Pimpsta Incident"?

Also, its been brought to my attention that my post asking for the source code may have seemed a little insensitive to Thothy. I didn't mean in anyway that he should quit. Just wanted to clear things up. And for the record I like what Thothy has done, and as for the dark sword stuff, I have no opinion, I haven't been able to obtain one yet.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Pimpsta was someone who claimed to have coding knowledge, and upon obtaining sourcecode, modified it and used it to cheat. One can now see the reasoning behind not being generous with sourcecode now, eh?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No, Runeghar is the boss of lodagond... which just further provides to my claim that people complain more than they actually play the game.

And you people take a nerf as the ruining of an item, its a rebalancing.

Demon claws are STILL the best martial arts weapon, the might not be insanely overpowered, but they are still better than the alternative so you have no room to complain there.

Demon blood was always kinda iffy, if Thothie broke it then he probably had a good reason to do so.

and again, atholo doesn't kick you... he has a fire nova that launches you away. The minions kick you. While I'm on the subject of atholo, when that boss + map first came out I was very very unhappy with the boss fight. Just ask squirrel how much crap I gave him for that boss room. That however, didn't stop me from solo farming the map hours a day with GHAs. When the stacks of those were later nerfed I adapted my strategy to UGA (or maybe regular golden axe, might not have been breakable then) charges running in and out. Later adding phoenix to the mix, don't think I did atholo much after that came out though. The point is, its not impossible, it might be hard, but again THATS THE POINT.

If it is impossible for you then you shouldn't be there, leave it to the people that can do it. Thats not such a hard concept is it? If the people the map is ment for can clear it then theres no problem. When an item comes out that allows people who shouldn't be there the ability to do it then theres something wrong.

On the subject of getting the code, I believe thothie can supply you with a "starter-kit". You wont be able to compile, for very good reasons, but you can have a look at some aspects of how the game functions and see if you understand it. Thraxis, a solid and trustworthy forum member and a member of RiP still hasn't gotten the code and hes been around for a while, so I wouldn't expect it to be handed over to easily to you.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
No, Runeghar is the boss of lodagond... which just further provides to my claim that people complain more than they actually play the game.
I play the game quite frequently. Some people consider six hour stints on a video-game, several times a week, to be frequenting a video-game. I just don't bother remembering the bosses. :)

Shurik3n said:
And you people take a nerf as the ruining of an item, its a rebalancing.
Yea, rebalancing for the high levels, as I already said. It doesn't rebalance it for the game, but for those who have such a high level, and stats, that they need a challenge again.

Shurik3n said:
Demon claws are STILL the best martial arts weapon, the might not be insanely overpowered, but they are still better than the alternative so you have no room to complain there.
Because of latency problems and the charge-attack requiring you are hugging your target, the slightest movement or mis-aim causes them to miss... and you still lose all of your mana for it.

Shurik3n said:
Demon blood was always kinda iffy, if Thothie broke it then he probably had a good reason to do so.
I'd like to know why they hardly ever work anymore. :(

Shurik3n said:
and again, atholo doesn't kick you... he has a fire nova that launches you away. The minions kick you. While I'm on the subject of atholo, when that boss + map first came out I was very very unhappy with the boss fight. Just ask squirrel how much crap I gave him for that boss room. That however, didn't stop me from solo farming the map hours a day with GHAs. When the stacks of those were later nerfed I adapted my strategy to UGA (or maybe regular golden axe, might not have been breakable then) charges running in and out. Later adding phoenix to the mix, don't think I did atholo much after that came out though. The point is, its not impossible, it might be hard, but again THATS THE POINT.
You shouldn't have to grind against a boss, when you meet the requirements, to kill him. Nor should a boss be made insanely powerful, or items that are useful against said-boss made insanely useless, with only high-levels, such as yourself, taken into account for who will use them. ^^

Shurik3n said:
If it is impossible for you then you shouldn't be there, leave it to the people that can do it. Thats not such a hard concept is it? If the people the map is ment for can clear it then theres no problem. When an item comes out that allows people who shouldn't be there the ability to do it then theres something wrong.
Did I say "impossible"? Hmm... nope. I just said there is forced grinding... as a result of everything being nerfed. Not just a few overpowered items, but everything that may serve a genuine use. If it seems overpowered when an ultra-high-level user plays with it... well, there's your problem. An ultra-high-level user is playing with it.

Shurik3n said:
On the subject of getting the code, I believe thothie can supply you with a "starter-kit". You wont be able to compile, for very good reasons, but you can have a look at some aspects of how the game functions and see if you understand it. Thraxis, a solid and trustworthy forum member and a member of RiP still hasn't gotten the code and hes been around for a while, so I wouldn't expect it to be handed over to easily to you.
I trust Thraxis more than I trust MiB. It's selective discrimination between friends, I tell you!

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Challenges are alright. Impossibilities are not, though.

Netrogor said:
Did I say "impossible"? Hmm... nope. I just said there is forced grinding... as a result of everything being nerfed. Not just a few overpowered items, but everything that may serve a genuine use. If it seems overpowered when an ultra-high-level user plays with it... well, there's your problem. An ultra-high-level user is playing with it.

You said forced grinding in your own reply to the same post I made, then referenced to it. How am I supposed to know what your going to call it? That made no sense.

And I wasn't saying that it was impossible, or you were implying it as such. I was saying that if it does become impossible, or is impossible, then the people its impossible for shouldn't be there. If some super high level map came out (naszarhtorhs?) and it was too hard for me I wouldn't complain about it, I would get some RiPs together and pwn it.

As for the demon claws, I believe thothie fixed it. It wasn't intentional, so don't play it off as such. And even with the special attacks broken its STILL the best martial arts weapon, provided you aren't fighting ice or lightning monsters, so my point remains valid.

Yes, you should have to be challenged to kill a boss when you just barely meet the requirements for them. When you greatly exceed the requirements it should become easier. If its a high level boss then it should be balanced to be difficult for high levels, not easy because you meet the requirement.

No, bosses shouldn't be made harder as time goes on because people get more powerful. New higher content should be released, I agree with you there. However, I don't think that is the issue here. Thothie is trying to keep the bosses as hard as they were when they came out to the people that are the levels for them. The_keep bosses are incredibly easy for me now, which makes sense, I don't say they should get harder - because they are still hard for the people who are at that level range, provided they don't all have darkswords.