MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Original concept by thothie

49e92d591444423.jpg
e5b88d591444123.jpg
832b09591444103.jpg

@Thothie
This is the concept version without spikes, I am about to try a different way to re-add them, Down to 2kish polys and can reduce it more for the world models.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Although that yin-yang thang in an alien fantasy world... Think we can get a dragon texture in there instead?

Here's some textures from K fortress - I'd keep the trim of the texture and see if you can stick one of these inside of it to replace the taoist stuff:
KFortress Textures said:
package of original 8-bit BMPs: http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/kfortress_dragontexts.rar

Thing is awesome though.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
oh nice I really like the dragons, give me a moment

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
While I'm normally all about, "Why don't we have both?", in addition to the fact that the lack of symmetry is triggering my normally absent OCD, there are texture limits to consider - particularly if both of those are 512x512. Plus (and I shoulda thought of this sooner), a Red Dragon glyph on a weapon used by a Green Dragon Guardian (and eventually Black Dragon Guardians), might seem a bit off, especially considering these guys don't get along. So, all that considered, I'd say go with the top one. ...Bit of a shame, as the bottom one does bevel better - decolorizing it might work, but meh.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Excellent i'll switch for the top glyph and allign everything corectly. Did you want this added to a specific mdl or to replace another?

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Also, if you have anymore drawn concepts let me know!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The model in question is submodel #7 on msc/models/viewmodels/v_1hswords.mdl

Would save me some time, and the players having to view some likely wonky placement, if you could line that up in the hand right.

If texture skewing on decompile is an issue, note MSC: Community's link above, or use this source:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/v_1hswords_src_SEP2017_03.rar (although that source may still be in cookie-blade mode.)

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Arent crescent blades inverted in third person...? I remember holding the right in my left hand and vice versa. Same for blood blades.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's weird I can no longer post pictures

http://images.imagebam.com/f9/30/45/c9755b591755783.jpg
I think I am close to done, redone the cylinders things and alligned the texture properly on it
...Lowers the poly count, and makes it look better... Absolute madman. ;)

Arent crescent blades inverted in third person...? I remember holding the right in my left hand and vice versa. Same for blood blades.
They might be. That may be an indexing problem, rather than issue with the model itself though.

Also, if you have anymore drawn concepts let me know!
Careful there, I could keep you busy for years... Though maybe I'll wait until I see a file. ;)

One simple thing we could use, if you have a "punch-out" filter, is to turn some of our divine symbols into easily placeable wall and pedestal mounted decor, in order to aid us with the pending triad temples in Edana - they'll probably start cropping up everywhere scaled from shelf-sized to wall-sized. I have a plugin that turns fonts into models, but I seem to be lacking one that does the same for line-art. (Seems I used to have a tool that turned line-art into fonts, but I think that was like for Windows 95, and long gone missing.)

...and for more complex things, that I'd have to draw from multiple angles... There's probably a series of seven magic staves, each containing slots for five crystals, and a similar series of held ritual dream-catcher type things.

There's also a statue of Torkaloth I need tweaked up and wings added to...

Oh, and I need this weapon you just made stuck into the Dragonguard's hands, as well as some of our other replacements for his weapons to be stuck in there... and I'll need to make a concept for that hammer he has - though any hammer with the same ratio of hilt to head will do (could stretch out an Earthbreaker or something, idk...).

monster model: msc/models/monsters/dragon_guard.mdl
submodels to replace:
2x5 (none - the aforementioned hammer)
2x6 (your new crescent blades)
2x7 (alpha package: viewmodels/v_1hswords.mdl 1x8)
2x8 (just the shield: viewmodels/v_shields.mdl 1x5)
2x9 (hue-reskin of same shield)

Source mats for all that (includes alpha viewmodels):
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/pandoras_box.rar

We also have a few dozen models that need their animations sliced up into individual SMD's and converted into proper Half-Life models, as well as the robed elven guys and gals mentioned elsewhere.

...Sho much stuff - all with threads in the developer section. Hook me up with a file for that crescent model, and I'll get you in there.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...and the world models:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/p_weapons4_SEP2017_03.rar

There's almost no way to determine if those are line up right, save to match up with the handle of an existing model (which is why our third person world models are often so terribly aligned). Since Sir_Mazza brought it up, I swapped the left/right models on the cookie blade in there. (Yes, I was really going to do that.) The older crescent blade SMD's are in there too, and may line up better, but the left/right would still be swapped, and they don't load in the QC.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Huh, I feel like it would be easier to let me peak at the developer forum at this point lol. I am back home i'm getting back on the model.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Wow! This is my first time ever I downgrade texture and don't even lose a pixel of Quality, what you saw in the screenshots is what we are getting in game!

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
its ready, however I don't have any weapons from the list in that .mdl to try to swap and see it in game (I actually didnt get a chance to use any weapons beside the axe of falance lol) Before I release it i'll just fix something on my chaos axe and set it as a different model in there so you can choose between them

Edit: Also when it is released, try the crescent blades with additive texture it looks great that way too!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just... Get me a file, and I'll set you up in the dev section and give you some commands to spawn items in non-FN alpha builds.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I did not add it to the monster yet, but heres the L R floor and world models in those files

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damn that thing came out nice... I'll send ye a PM in a sec.

Wonder what it'll look like with a pair em blocking...

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh right, the L and R are fixed too, for some reason they were both in the R hand

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I only got the ref SMD though, not the right/left/floor SMD's. Just need SMD+BMP's, really, not the compiled models.

Also, pro-tip: If you end your dropbox links with dl=1, instead of dl=0, folks don't have to get sucked into the dropbox page to download it. (Not that everyone doesn't suck me in there all the time anyways, just sayin').

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lookin good:
cre_blade_ingame_tp.png

The block anim came out kinda... Interesting...
cre_blade_ingame_block.png
Almost makes me think I should switch it up for a beam attack or something. :confused:

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The block anim says come on, aim for my face!

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The block anim says: Shame these models intersect :(
Nice crisp textures though. I like it!