[WIP]Rusted Dagger

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So here's what I've been working on lately, the Rusted Dagger. Crits & Comments welcome as always. I think the model turned out well, but I the skin has been a thorn in my side all day. I'll probably scrap the skin and give it another go tomorrow.

Wireframe
daggerwire5is.jpg

Smooth Shaded
daggersmooth0zw.jpg

Textured
daggertext0bq.jpg

Leave 'em.

Kengou

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like there would be much you can do with the model itself, your best bet to improving the looks of the knife would probably be in reskinning it. So at this point I'm not sure whether I'd prefer one over the other. When you get a nice skin on that it should look great though.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the first one looks crappier because when u import mdl's into milkshape it doesnt give it proper shading groups... so :p

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes, milkshape does skew the shading groups when you import, however, the default ms models did not have shading groups to begin with.

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Updated the skin (finally). :)

Here's an ingame shot:
ingamedag2mg.jpg

Take note that I have not added things such as rust, nor throughly made it look worn yet.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
looks superbly badass,
the hand is really bothering me tho.
its easy to fix so get to it monkey boy! :p

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I went ahead and redid the blade to give it a bit more sheen, so it appears more like metal instead of plastic. I'm working on the finishing touches now, any more suggestions?

ingamedag39kd.jpg

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
In due time I might work on a new set of arms and hands, but right now I'm trying to focus on just the weapons. I'll save that battle for another day.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
ante_delonge said:
It looks really good, but plastic texture.
Agreed. Hand the Uv's if your not prideful. I'm kinda busy right now but when I get the time I would be glad to skin it.