Weapon/items suggestions/ideas

Dejiko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
Undamael has them, go ask him...

Undamael's Eye

Staff: fire elemental

requirements:SC lvl15(or something like that)

Charge 0: The eyeball turns red hot and burns anything it touches.

Charge 1: The eyeball shoots a fireball.

Charge 2: a laser is fired from the eyeball for 3 seconds. does crappy damage if you swing it around, but can burn an enemy to a crisp if you can keep the laser on it.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Maldora's Moonstone - Expendable staff. Crap melee damage. Has five "charges", and once all of them are used, the moonstone shatters. All charges cost one charge. Everything requires SC 18.

Grey charge - Creates a forcefield around you for 10 seconds.
Charge 1 - Summons a random greater elemental for 20 seconds.
Charge 2 - Maldora's superslappy lightning attack on target for 5 seconds.
Charge 3 - A superspecialawesome attack. Causes a herculean amount of damage to target for 5 seconds, damaging every second. The damage increases exponentially. Each fire costs a charge, and it costs 350 mana to activate.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Pew pew lazer eyes - lazer (not laser) eyes that go pew pew. Gives 100% stun, drunk, poison, greater poison, freeze, encase, and fire resistance when used. Requires 5 HP to use.

Regular attack - Shoots a lazer that can set things on fire. Does 100 base damage at swordsmanship (why swordsmanship? people complain that there are too many swords) five and 25 base burn damage (twice per second) at fire one.
Right click - Lightsaber mode. Lazers of a certain length (like a 50 cm long) come out of the pew pew lazer eyes. Insta-kills everything you hit, but the range is very, very short (aforementioned 50 cm)
Charge one - U R MY B*TCH NOW lazer beam. Target enemy will help you fight other stuff when hit with this lazer beam. Also works on bosses. Ten mana to fire.
Charge two - LUDICROUS XP lazer beam. Monsters that are hit with this lazer before getting killed, will give five times their normal amount of XP. Five mana to fire.
Charge three - OMG MEDUSA lazer beam. If you hit a monster with this, you will petrify it forever, giving you an easy kill. Two mana to fire, three seconds cool down time.
Charge four - MONSTERS ARE TOO EASY *TEAR* lazer beam. Monsters that get hit by this lazer beam will be unable to use any form of attacks for the next five minutes. Ten mana to fire.
Charge five - INFLUX OF RARES lazer beam. This lazer beam will cause a random rare item (can be anything from a flamelick to an AoB) to manifest itself out of random quantum particles. Ten mana to use, 30 seconds cool down time.

Discuss.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
More like

Flux capacitor - FLUXES SHIT UP YO.

Regular attack - Incapacitates target and fluxes it up for 10e+5.2 damage per second for 1521e+9.9 seconds.

Right click - Fires edicts at target entity, causing it to crash.
Charge one - Summons criticism to destroy target's hope of ever being properly listened to. Costs -500 mana.
Charge two - Creates an ugly skin which causes target to puke up its guts and dissolve. Costs pi mana.
Charge three - Creates a gaping hole in the code which causes entity to stop working. Costs the square roof of life mana.
Charge four - Causes an influx of rares which causes target to moan about the community. Costs 0 divided by 0 mana.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok may i make a suggestion.....Ok wait i already did..now to make it more understandable...

We need weapons that are elemental in nature but not one of the elements....example
dark, light, fire, water, ice, air, thunder, earth, etc....etc...etc... those are elemnts...
if a monster is weak vs fire and immune to ice or water then the only way to hurt it is with a fire based weapon..and in some rare cases a normal weapon....

Like the Greater Undead Minion thingies....Fire can only be hurt by fire, ice by ice and not by magic or regular weapons....But the darksword hurts them? So that must mean the darksword does elemental non elemental damage right?
Thats what i mean by weapons that can hurt elementals....But not just a sword...we need at least one weapon for each group...But then again that might be to easy on raising levels if there was one....

Allentrill

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
So many f*cking dots, why!?

I remember somewhere in the forums that the Darksword was based on "Dark Magic" so idk. And it's not like the Darksword is doing massive damage to the Greater Elemental Minions. Takes a bit long to charge up just to do ~100 damage with 27 swordsmanship when I can do much more with any other elemental weapon.

And you know that your name is in the upper left-hand corner, so you don't need to post your name? Idk why someone would do that in each post, seems kinda unnecessary.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Without further ado.....
I like dots, and I cant Tab paragraphs so they help...Second Yes i know how darksword works...thats why i suggested more than a sword....

And Lastly i sign my name at the end because i always sign my name....Sorry that it confuses you so much, but oh well cant win em all....

Allentrill

PS In case you dont know all letters end with a john hancock. The signature on forums nowadays is the dumb comments after the letter...Which for some reason is called a signature..Go figure...lol
:oldlol:

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Darksword isn't the only weapon that can attack Greater Minions of Maldora. Most (if not all) physical, non-elemental weapons can inflict damage on them.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
G.Minions are affected by their own element (four double), holy, and dark (x1). Only Blood Drinker and the Dark Sword use dark energy, atm.

I've been meaning to clean this up and wiki-fi it:

ELEMENTAL

Fire
Fire is the most damaging element, although aside from raw damage, it has no secondary effects. Magical fire is particularly effective against the lesser undead and to lesser cold attuned creatures.

Cold
Ice offers less damage but more drastically reduces the mobility of targets from slowed to frozen. It is particularly effective against lesser fire oriented creatures and constructs.

Lightning
Most of Lightning’s damage is the result of disruption of the nervous system. While the damage is high, it is not particularly effective against undead nor creatures who can fly, and thus are not “grounded” to take the full effect of the magic. Magically animated metal constructs, however, are particularly vulnerable to lightning magic, with the exception of those few specifically enchanted by such. Stronger lighting attacks disorient those affected by them.

Poison
Poison only effects beings with circulatory systems vulnerable to its effects. Poison is long lasting and its effects prevent regeneration.

Acid
Acid dissolves anything made of matter. Metal constructs are particularly vulnerable to its effects.

Earth
Most damage from Earth Magic is indirect, and thus considered Blunt (see below). Only magic directly channeled into the user is considered Earth magic, and thus such damage usually only occurs in duels between wizards.

METAMAGIC

Holy
Divine energy affects creatures not of this world and disrupts creatures bound or animated by magic, including, and especially, the undead. It has no affect on creatures born into the world naturally nor those bound to the cycle of life.

Dark
Dark energy is the opposite of Holy. It damages everything to some degree or other. Only those few creatures resistant to all attacks are immune to its destructive power. Wielding dark energy has potentially dangerous effects on the user.

Magic
Magic is the binding force energy used to bind souls to bodies or containers, and to twist Fate, in other subtle ways. Few weapons use this energy, as it is often unreliable as an offensive force. The properties are similar to Holy and Dark energy, but more universal, and easier to redirect or resist. It can be thought of as the raw, neutral energy force, and is very often the delivery force for other elements.

PHYSICAL

Blunt
Damage done by blunt objects. Some forms of undead are particularly vulnerable to blunt attacks.

Slash
Damage done by swords and axes. Creatures that can easily lose limbs are vulnerable to slash damage, but those who do not bleed are less vulnerable.

Pierce
Damage done by arrows and smallarms. Undead are resistant to piercing damage as they have few or no vital organs which to pierce.

Other special damage types...
Siege - Used by Catapults and Cannons
Target - Used for targeting, usually does 0 damage, and is thus not registered
Fate - Used by Apostles

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Acid
Acid dissolves anything made of matter. Metal constructs are particularly vulnerable to its effects.

Does this mean acid bolt works effectively of metal monsters?

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
ELEMENTAL

Fire
Cold
Lightning
Poison
Acid
Earth

Wouldn't it make more sense to have poison and acid under physical? Not that it matters.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks Thothie that effectively explains it much better than my guesswork...i guess that means we need more light and dark then?

Allentrill

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
This makes me think the Demon's Claws should fit in line with the Darksword, seeing as they're the same weapon in two different forms.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Demon claws use magic damage on the soul drain and rapid fire attacks. Been considering moving them to dark. Although the demon claws and dark sword have no direct relation.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
New suggestions:
Kharaztorant Ice Blade (ice variant)
Kharaztorant Poisoned Blade (affliction variant)
Kharaztorant Blade (non-elemental variant)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was thinking that there needed to be a newer poison weapon. Maybe I'll do that some time in the near-distant future.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
A new poison *axe* would be nice, since aside from SC axes is the hardest to train. SA has pfck, BA now has bludgeon, archery has orion/haxbow, swords has everything, MA has DC which are amazing in the right places. Axes has UGA, which passes off to divination xp, blood axe which has a horrible hit rate and not much to make up for it, and GTA which is only good against counter-elementals/weaker enemies.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Earth magic? Never heard of this till now 0_o. Is this something new, or something that will be implemented in the future?

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Amulets:

- Could create a "neck slot" for them.
Possible uses:

1.) Raise stat (x) by (y) percent.
A.) ex: Eye of Magi [raise Mana value by 20%]
B.) ex: Eye of Ra [raise fire level by 10%]
C.) ex: (Insert name) of Health [raise HP by 5%]

2.) Add "other" effects
A.) Wearer has cvar sv_gravity of 500 instead of 600
B.) Merchant's Guild [wearer may act as a mobile Galat's storage rep., for a fee]

MA Weaps

1.) Strangler's Gloves - [If strength above X, can grab onto an enemy and drain health (strangle)]

2.) Boxer's/Kickboxer's Gloves - [Allow wearer to hit with left and right hands all the time, similar to DC speed attack]

3.) Rosary - [That familiar religious symbol, wrapped around the knuckles to cause Holy damage]

General

1.) How about a weapon, that isn't a sword, that can do Dark damage?

2.) How about at least one Small Arms weapon that's effective against Greater Minions?

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Future implimentation, also a plan to alleviate the painful process of leveling SC, spells will prolly have to be re-configured for the new level scaling.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
SA has flame lick/litch tounge, I would assume they work, though they aren't the greatest of weapons.
Also, I heard talk of this a while ago, but we should be able to choose which of the three sub catagories we level for a weapon, power, proficiency, and balance. Seems like a nice idea and customizes your character a little more.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Martial Arts seriously needs a new weapon.. Its the weakest imo.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
This idea would be pretty bad with the current system, but can weapons/items be restricted to a specific title? Example being "Assassins Dagger" could only be used by people with the assassin title. This would separate up the classes a bit without making them completely divided. I could be alone on this but I am getting kind of tired of the best thing for your character being having every weapon type as high as it can be, having no difference from one character to the next. It really seems the only character distinctions we have is hp and how far along in the equipment they are.