Weapon/items suggestions/ideas

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I couldn't find a suggestion thread, probably because I just woke up, but if there is one I'll promptly delete/move this if possible.

Just another opening note, this isn't a "lolz dis wud be n awesum wepun nd u shoud make it for me" thread, while I would love to have these items in game and have them, I also feel that they would add to the mod, and balance the weapon catagories AWAY from swords. Really, I want a reason to have 30 in something else other than "I think this weapon is cool, even if low level/nothing compared to it's sword counterpart". Also, these are free to criticism, suggestion, and modification, I realize some of my ideas won't be realistic, this is why their ideas.

With that said, here we go:
Change logs:
Now taking ideas and submissions in this thread, expect them to be modified in order to make it to this list.
Now color coded, I know some of the colors just plain hurt, but bear with me.

*** = newest additions.
** = newly modified

**Frostlancer: Type: Bow
Modifications credit: Belmont
Normal attack, 1 mana, ice element arrow. Mid range damage (50's on normal unarmored, 70's on elementally weak), 20% chance to slow.
Charge one: Freezing shots:10 mana,Two bolts going in a tight "v" patter away from the player, Less damage, high chance to slow, 80% (think hoarfrost shard, only fast moving).
Charge two: Puncture lance: 25 mana, normal damage, 90% chance to slow, strikethrough (think, orion)
In depth description: Primary shot would have *straight* trajectory like the *orion* bow, 1st and second charge would *also* have a straight trajectory.
Purpose: We have an energy base (lightning) elemental bow, I hear we already have a firebow model, this would complete the trinity. Also, the idea of multi shot/charge shot bows is appealing to me and some others in the community. The high probability to slow your enemies down with this bow means you can keep the enemies off you while still doing damage, you can also play a support role in a group by slowing down all the enemies on the front lines from afar.

Prismatic Fists: Type..... fists?
Normal attack, mid range damage, neutral propery. (50-60 dmg on unarmored)
Charge 1: Elemental punch, Fire. 5 mana, 80dmg on unarmored, 120 on elementally weak. 20% chance to set ablaze for a 20dmg a second DoT, medium duration.
Charge 2: Elemental punch: Ice. 5 mana, see above for damage estimations, 20% chance to slow/dot for 10dmg/sec, medium/long length DoT.
Charge 3: Elemental punch, Lightning. 5 mana, see above for damage estimations, 80% chance to stun for 5 seconds and DoT for 25 dmg (also 5 seconds).
Charge 4: Elemental punch, Affliction. 10 mana, see above blah blah blah, 50% chance to DoT, 10 dmg, *long* DoT.
Charge 5: Elemental punch, Holy. 40 mana, 0 dmg against normal, 200 dmg against undead/unholy, high chance to cause undead fear (if undead hit with holy punch under 30% hp, 80% chance to fear)
Charge 6: Prismatic domination. 300 mana, 10% chance to do all above effects/elemental damages/DoT's separately, if multiple effects trigger, only the highest priority will take effect.(10 effects total, 5% chance each, I know, this is probably totally unreasonable, I'm just taken with the idea).
In depth description: A charge for every element, the charges add a degree of difficulty to using them, but using the right charges makes them very versitile in this elemental world.
Purpose: We have 3 MA weapons that I know of, and they're all made obsolete by other weapons. I want a reason to get my MA to 35+ to use all the charges on these beasts of gauntlets. This is a *top end* weapon, I wouldn't expect this to show up until we start hitting maps that are 60+ in range.

Swordbreaker Gauntlets: Type, gaunts.
Normal attack: mid/high neutral property damage (75 dmg on unarmored), fast attack rate, faster than F.gaunts which is 1 atk/sec.
Charge 1: Kick.
Description: These gauntlets are pretty standard, except for the jitte like prongs protruding from the knuckles made for catching swords, however, with enough skill, they can catch about anything coming your way and soften the blow. Wearing the gauntlets provides an extra 15% defense on top of your armor (I'm prolly wrong, but gold armor + these = 75% dmg resist).
Purpose: A defensive weapon, one hand weapons have shields, two hand swords have crazy parry, so I think something that can be as fast as armored gauntlets could deflect quite a lot when worn. Neutral damage property can really hinder what mobs these gaunts can damage, so I think this balances their great defensive property.

Axe of the Savage: Axe
(credit, Tradion, modification/specification by me)
Normal attack: Neutral property, high damage, slow attack speed. (150-220 dmg unarmored)
Charge one: Savage Flurry, 40 mana, 10hp, strikes 3-8 times on a target in two seconds, high miss rate, reduced damage per hit. (70% miss rate, 100-150 dmg per strike unarmored)
Charge two: Spiral Axe, 60 mana, 20hp, does an AoE attack at full damage on all targets within the axes normal attach range (about 3 person away range), spins around the player twice, potentially hitting all targets twice, increased hit rate ( normal hit rate, about 50%, spiral hit rate 70%, seeing at it's damn hard to doge a spinning flying axe if you're already in it's range).
In depth description: An axe imbued with a savage spirit, having a will of it's own it can hasten itself, and even attack around the user of it's own accord... if the price is right.
Purpose: Tradions reasoning for wanting this axe is that we don't have enough axes, I agree in a respect, specifically this axe would add a multi purpose weapon that actually fits the Slow, unweildy, but crazy powerful persona of an axe that MSC created. The hp drain of it's charges discourages spam of these potentially insanely powerful moves, and the miss rates on the attacks I feel balance it's otherwise unbalanced damage.

Prismatic Helm: ...helm?
40% stun resist, 15% elemental resist.
Purpose: I like options, I think it's appropriate to have options that sacrifice specificity for blanket usefulness.

Demon's Plate: Armor
Whatever % of your hp is gone, your attack is multiplied by that %. Half hp is 150% of total attack (+50%). Same defense as pheonix/AoB.
Purpose: Risk vs. Reward, this would be dumb to use against bosses, but potentially rewarding against normal monsters.
(Can we do requiered strength for armors...? We could make it obscenely heavy, but it doesn't have to be...)

Spell: Levitate
(Think: Everquest) This spell makes you hover slightly above the ground, if theres no ground to be spoken of, you slowly fall. I.E., if you are on a ledge, and try to run 7 ft to a ledge of the same height, you won't make it.
This may be game breaking/sploitable, so I'd understand if this one was instantly shot down.
SC req. 20. Self only.

Possible neck slot items/effects:
Rosary: undead resist +5%
Necklace of the Troll: +5%hp
Necklace of haste: move and attack speed +5%

All damages are estimations/desired ranges, some weapons and items are ramped for a higher end game than we currently have. All *constructive* opinions welcome, coding may be unrealistic, but I at least want to explore options. I really do think there are good ideas here, and I don't think these are just the creations of weapon lust, a lot of these would serve a good role in the game. What I want to talk about more so is the possibility to code these, realistic damages/ charges, level ranges, possible effects and such.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Although they sound neat it sorta remind me of Chrono Trigger for some reason...lol

Allentrill

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Interesting ideas but they all sound like a lot of work. However, with ideas out there people can take and leave whatever they like.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, these ideas are the impractical wishful end of the spectrum. I want them to make it to the practical, reasonable side so they could actually be implimented.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
A suggestion thread is great and we could definitely use one to collaborate all of the ideas that go through these forums, (instead of seeing ideas float around in dumb internet drama threads :roll: ).

These are some good ideas and I want to keep this think tank (lol) going.

P.S. There was like around two, possibly three suggestion threads before.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I know there were... I remember posting my ideas before I left.... I guess one never got stickied. Glad you like this stuff P, I'll be adding more as I think of them.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
When Thothie said he was adding a bow that used mana, I imagined a lightning elemental bow, and in the end I was disappointed in the DBZ style projectile :(

Well here's my suggestion: A lightning elemental bow :O
Just like the Orion bow, the longer you hold the charge, the more mana it uses and the more damage it would do. It'd of course cause lightning damage, and it would hit its target instantly (Like the Hxbow) with hopefully a lightning bolt (Like the Lrod).

But of course, compared to the Hxbow, it wouldn't be worth the making/adding to the game or obtaining ingame.
Sometimes I wish the Hxbow wasn't even made :(

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I thought there was a spell already for levitate. I do believe i saw people floating (2 to be exact) on foutpost (cant remember who though). They said they got it there.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i have heard people claim there is a floating spell yet have not seen it....then again im halfway nuts.
Lightning bow in theory might be cool yet with lightning rod and thunder axe and greater thunder axe....maybe a non elemental bow that does non-elemental damage so it would hurt lightning things or fire thingies etc...exactly the same.

Allentrill

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
allentrill1000 said:
Lightning bow in theory might be cool yet with lightning rod and thunder axe and greater thunder axe....maybe a non elemental bow that does non-elemental damage so it would hurt lightning things or fire thingies etc...exactly the same.

Eh, I'm not sure what your point is but the benefit of an elemental weapon is the opposing element and it's "effect" (DOT + Slow/stun), and the benefit of my weapon idea is the instant hits and "limitless" ammo. The downfall is obvious.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Spiked Gauntlets & Boots: Makes you kick for more damage and/or run faster while wearing (think raven but not as fast).

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Dunno about boots, since they're apart of your armor and not your weapon. But I have another idea for gaunts that may rival 2h sword enhanced parry, I'm amending my 1st post.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like the idea of a pair of gaunts taht slightly enhance damage, but are mostly for speed..

Another suggestion..

Axe of ub3r (rename this plz, i'm not in the mood to come up with name)
Normal attack, Does damage similiar to the UGA, mabye a little less, but against everything.
Charge one: Speed attack, but only swings 3-8 times and there is a time afterwards where you can't move swing suchforth
Charge two: Does kind of an AoE throw that swings around you a couple times attacking whatever is by (around you instead of infront of you like it looks like the BD does)

Purpose: We just don't have enough good axes in the game from what it looks like. Everybody's an Archer or a Fencer. Barbarians are far and few between, this might even it out a bit.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Amended, I took some liberties with the idea, let me know what you think.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd Like to have this post stickied BTW, Suggestions are always nice. I'm still not used to all these new excessive items though personally. I mean, Skullblade was a hell of a weapon back in my day... (wow i feel old) But given how the games changed, i like all these new super weapons. Atleast now there's area's worth needed them

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I got an idea.

Felewyn's Staff (ty for pointing that out MiB) - Artifact Divination wand. Req 20 blunt, melee attack only damages undead. Perhaps it could be an apostle weapon.

Charge 0 (grey charge) - Melee charge attack with a chance to rebuke.
Charge 1 - Places a 10-second rejuvination spell on target for 50 mana. If targeted on undead, it rebukes it once a second for 10 seconds. Rebuke/rejuvination power equal to that of Divination 30. Req. Divination 15.
Charge 2 - Purge area-of-effect attack. Massive rebuke damage to nearby undead and purges allies of freezing, poison, shock and stun. 100 mana, req. Divination 20
Charge 3 - Saps the life of target enemy and distributes it evenly between nearby players. 100 mana. Req. Divination 20, Affliction 10
Charge 4 - Greater Ice Shield. Plonks a shield on target ally. Absorbs up to 1500 damage. 300 mana, req. Divination 25.

Frozen Bulwark - Torkalath's corrupted version of the Urdulian Shield. Extra 100% to parry, invulnerable, capable of reflecting spells (!).

If charges are possible...
Charge 0 (grey charge) - Frozen Shield (Lesser Ice Shield without a duration). Absorbs up to 200 damage. 50 mana, req. Ice 20
Charge 1 - Corrupt. Convert an Urdulian Shield into a Frozen Bulwark for 20 seconds. 200 mana, req. Ice 25, Affliction 20.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
...The first one is definitely NOT Pathos. It's more Felewyn than anything.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Armor of the ever Frozen Heart (lol)
Has an lesser ice shield, and absorbs the Ice attacks and regens your HP

Ninja loot armor (Rofl)
dis are making u 3x faster dan a raven meze.
so u can hump da chest

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Armor of Elemental Mastery:
+100% Protection against all four elements.
+10% Physical damage taken.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Suggestion for all bows;

Double Shot -> Shots two arrows at target - 2nd charge for bow - requieres 15 Archery - X Mana
Triple Shot -> Shots three arrows at target - 3rd charge for bow - requieres 25 or 20 Archery - X Mana
Power Shot -> Concentrates X% of your mana (or health) for a deadly shot that will penetatre all enemies in a straight line (orion effect) - Requieres 30 Archery - X Mana/HP

Remember, this is for bows, and I think this would give them an interesting change from the crossbows, please comment!

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think that's a jolly good idea, but instead of two arrows shot directly at the target, I think they should be spread a little. Y'know, like a shotgun. :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tradion said:
I'd Like to have this post stickied BTW, Suggestions are always nice. I'm still not used to all these new excessive items though personally. I mean, Skullblade was a hell of a weapon back in my day... (wow i feel old) But given how the games changed, i like all these new super weapons. Atleast now there's area's worth needed them
Don't worry - we get a new "gimme godlike weapons" thread at least once a month, no need to stickie.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie, I'm not gonna add anything to the front page unless I think it's reasonable/workable. I stated off the bat, this isn't a "lawl gimme uber stuff" thread, I actually want feedback ont he front page about how I can work these things into a useable and reasonable format.