Weapon/items suggestions/ideas

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
There's going to be a whole revamp to the title system, making it less JoaT while still allowing you to do so, some time in the future.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Probably would be a good idea to level everything than before that happends.

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
SA has flame lick/litch tounge, I would assume they work, though they aren't the greatest of weapons.
Also, I heard talk of this a while ago, but we should be able to choose which of the three sub catagories we level for a weapon, power, proficiency, and balance. Seems like a nice idea and customizes your character a little more.

People would power level prof like mad to unlock better weapons and once they hit the cap for weapons/specials in that department they'd ignore it. Or small arms users would all but ignore balance given the high accuracy of daggers. They might turn around and level them after a while to get the average level up later.

Way way way back when MS was first starting, it worked sorta like this (although, at the time prof could not be raised) but the way the system worked was if you swung and missed, you got a little balance XP if you hit you got a little power xp. Wasn't the best system but your stats varied based on your preffered weapons, I used the machete a lot(small arm weapon, hit hard with low accuracy) so I had a very high small arms balance.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Any comments on my bow upgrade idea?

I think it would be a very great addition to make bows different from crossbows.

Since noone will want to go back and search it, I will copy and paste it here;

Double Shot -> Shots two arrows at target - 2nd charge for bow - requieres 15 Archery - X Mana
Triple Shot -> Shots three arrows at target - 3rd charge for bow - requieres 25 or 20 Archery - X Mana
Power Shot -> Concentrates X% of your mana (or health) for a deadly shot that will penetatre all enemies in a straight line (orion effect) - Requieres 30 Archery - X Mana/HP

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The difficulty in that belmont is that I don't even know if bows can have a charge, I think it would be possible for an individual bow just fine but to retrofit this onto the other bows would requier separate +charge attack for shot distance, and a +charge for the bow ability. I like the idea, but I'm thinking about revamping your idea into a single bow and have the multi/puncture idea be it's theme. I may even integrate this idea into my origonal "frostlancer" idea and change the origonal accordingly.

**FRONT PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED**

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Belmont said:
Any comments on my bow upgrade idea?

I think it would be a very great addition to make bows different from crossbows.

Since noone will want to go back and search it, I will copy and paste it here;

Double Shot -> Shots two arrows at target - 2nd charge for bow - requieres 15 Archery - X Mana
Triple Shot -> Shots three arrows at target - 3rd charge for bow - requieres 25 or 20 Archery - X Mana
Power Shot -> Concentrates X% of your mana (or health) for a deadly shot that will penetatre all enemies in a straight line (orion effect) - Requieres 30 Archery - X Mana/HP

Apparently you missed my comment. :eek:

I think that's a jolly good idea, but instead of two arrows shot directly at the target, I think they should be spread a little. Y'know, like a shotgun. :)

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hey, what I'd really like to see would be a few more spawnables.

Also, through an odd little bug, I discovered that the name of the Hoarfrost's ice circle is the Lesser Circle of Ice. Can we possibly have this spell and its greater counterpart, along with the Gold Forged Skeleton's circle-o-death, turned into scrolls?

Other crud:

Ring of Zephryrs - This ring, enchanted with the lost element of Wind, gives the wearer the capability to spawn an Air Elemental. Hey guise, lore!

Sanguine Sigil - This demonic artefact has been bathed in the blood of a thousand demons to turn it into the Sanguine Sigil. It grants the wearer vampyric regeneration.

Redeem - This spell pulls the target enemy out of Hell to serve under the caster for a short period of time. During this time, the redeemed enemy has thrice as much HP but looses 5% of its health every second. Lasts until it... well, dies, I guess.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
The difficulty in that belmont is that I don't even know if bows can have a charge, I think it would be possible for an individual bow just fine but to retrofit this onto the other bows would requier separate +charge attack for shot distance, and a +charge for the bow ability. I like the idea, but I'm thinking about revamping your idea into a single bow and have the multi/puncture idea be it's theme. I may even integrate this idea into my origonal "frostlancer" idea and change the origonal accordingly.

**FRONT PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED**

I do think it is more than possible, since many of the original weapons didn't even have charges, but I think only Thothie can trully answer to this, and I'd love this to be for all the bows, because having it only for one bow will make every bow and crossbow identical until you'd get this one, and the point of this suggestion is to change that.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd be more apt to fight for one big change at a time before attempting to make it across the board, chances are none of these things will even be considered.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Flesheater Gauntlets:
20 MA
1st charge: kick
2nd charge: A swipe that gouges the target. Costs 50 mana, deals 2x fist damage and steals 3/4 hp (rough idea, probably needs balancing)
Right Click: With an affliction level of 25 or more, casts Poison Cloud.

Combined with the hands of a Flesh Eater, these gauntlets steal some health with every punch.

Note: I may be able to model these myself; the idea's been kicking around in my head and I've tried to draw concept sketches. Writing this post made me picture something better than what I originally had.. But I'm at work. Hopefully I. An remember it when I get. Home in 3 1/2 hours.

littleaznboi

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Flesheater Gauntlets:
20 MA
2nd charge: Costs 50 mana, deals 2x fist damage and steals 3/4 hp (rough idea, probably needs balancing)

Combined with the hands of a Flesh Eater, these gauntlets steal some health with every punch.

That's actually pretty cool. I'd love to have a new MA weapon :wink:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Flesheater Gauntlets:
20 MA
2nd charge: A swipe that gouges the target. Costs 50 mana, deals 2x fist damage and steals 3/4 hp (rough idea, probably needs balancing)

Note: I may be able to model these myself; the idea's been kicking around in my head and I've tried to draw concept sketches. Writing this post made me picture something better than what I originally had.. But I'm at work. Hopefully I. An remember it when I get. Home in 3 1/2 hours.

Slight change, and I was able to get a rough sketch in pen when I got home. I can elaborate on the sketch to see if I can draw myself a good base to start modeling from. Right now, I'm going to work on the apartment next door (it means a free months' rent but it's a big apartment). I'll be back on at nightfall, as the idiots who left didn't pay electricity. Their bill was $2,500 before the electric company shut it off. Ironically, this was after they left and during the BF and I working on it. Go figger.