Ways to improve Thunder Axe

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
1. Increase Throw damage more
2. Increase Throw damage slightly and only come back after hitting a wall
3. Add a certain and stronger DOT effect with Throw.

>.< I lost a TA for throwing it when the map change!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya cannot lose a TA for throwing it at map change, it never actually leaves your inventory.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That happens with everything. ;)

The TA is not some weapon of dewm. The level requirement on it is low for a reason.

The Greater TA is the weapon of dewm, damage wise... But not nearly as fun. ;)

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
That happens with everything. ;)

The TA is not some weapon of dewm. The level requirement on it is low for a reason.

The Greater TA is the weapon of dewm, damage wise... But not nearly as fun. ;)

It's fun but waste 3 second charging it for only 12 damage and only a slight chance to do a DOT.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It'll do a lot more than 12 if ya aim it into a group, it has an AOE about as big as the axe. Aim it to the left or right of the group and circle away from it, so it has to pass through them to get back to you, and it'll do a sh*tload.

It is supposed to do DOT more dependably, but I can't seem to get the bugger to work... The fact that I got it to work at all is a minor miracle, as it was something the original dev crew thought couldn't be done (ie. thrown weapons)

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
how do you aim it? it just homes into the nearest thing in a big ass radius lol

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If ya have a target (ie. a name in the lower left corner) - it'll go for that. But if you throw it when that's clear, it'll go straight.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Bows should work that way as well, I reckon.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Auto aim? Lamecakes (Although it would be kinda cool if the Orion bow homes in on the closest target :D)

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
If ya have a target (ie. a name in the lower left corner) - it'll go for that. But if you throw it when that's clear, it'll go straight.

It doesn't go straight, it goes to the nearest monster/player on screen.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
MiB wants me to model some shurikens :wink: , would those be possible as a new archery weapon?

As for the thunder axe, its just a midlevel weapon... its not supposed to be an ultra epic kill everything in one hit. Its like the envenomed battle axe.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I lost a TA for throwing it when the map change!

Once again it happened. Can you get me another TA Thothie?

Story: I was in Thornlands, very bored. I use the throw special with the Thunder Axe and hop onto my Raven mace and tried to outrun it. When I stopped and retrieved it. I put it into my hand and change server. When I went to the other server my char still had the Axe, but when I chosed my char it disappeared.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Dark_Force9999 said:
I lost a TA for throwing it when the map change!

Once again it happened. Can you get me another TA Thothie?

Story: I was in Thornlands, very bored. I use the throw special with the Thunder Axe and hop onto my Raven mace and tried to outrun it. When I stopped and retrieved it. I put it into my hand and change server. When I went to the other server my char still had the Axe, but when I chosed my char it disappeared.
I smell suspicion.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
As mentioned, the throwing doesn't actually remove the item from your inventory ;-)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
How it works is that it changes your view model, stops you from attacking, and creates an NPC (same as the Sorc's use) that runs at your marked target or, if none, straight forward. It restores your view model when the NPC thrown tells the weapon script it has returned. (So, if it actualy left your inventory, you'd never get it back, because there'd be nothing left inform of the return.) It'll also restore the weapon 3 seconds after throw, which is why if you throw it, really far, and run away from it, the axe will appear in your hands before it returns, but you won't be able to attack with it until it actually does.

So the thing ya throw is an NPC the weapon created, not the weapon itself. It isn't an item, so ye can't pick it up, and the weapon doesn't actually go anywhere.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
funny... This is my 3rd time losing a thunder axe for no reason. What's with the disappearance?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I've been throwing my thunder axe all day (even at you when we pvp'd) and I've had no problem with it.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Check your inventory. You might be totally blind.

If it never leaves your inventory, then it might still be there, y'know?