Torch animation bug

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I get the light around me, but the actual flame goes out... It comes back when I toss the weapon I am holding, but goes away when I retrieve it. At the same time

I had 2 torches, tossed one out of uselessness, pulled out the 2nd and had a light until 2 items out.

I get the error line:

cl: Error (CLIENT): CScript::parseLine --> Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 20 - { "{" following non conditional command!

cl: Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 23 Missing {
cl: Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 27 Missing

(Map - mines)

I attempted to re-create it just after and was unable too.
I searched for the error and didn't find it, maybe a new bug?

sheepy

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hey i believe i am getting the same error everytime i pull my torch out once i hit ok on the error messages (as bout 3 messages come up) i can play fine till i put it away and pull it out again. it only started occurin after installin latest cs.dll patch.

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah after more playin around with the torch I somehow did it instantly on a map (no daylight change, the error just popped up) but I had the light on it that time...

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright, the bug never happens right away but I will keep an eye out, I always play solo with the latest version (until the char reset/patch release).

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Now a new line of error is there... (1st line)

cl: Error (CLIENT): SCript::parseLine() --> Script: items/item_torch_light Line: 19 - if() statement missing ')'!

cl: Error (CLIENT): CScript::parseLine --> Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 20 - { "{" following non conditional command!

cl: Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 23 Missing {
cl: Script: items/item_torch_light, Line: 27 Miss