This might or might not be by design

Aglar

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My character was a level 10 Barbarian or something, when suddenly it went to a level 7 Titan in mid-game. None of my stats seem to have gone down, so is this just a result of me raising one of my skills that pushed me from one class to another?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
idk, once i jumped in a game randomly with a few ppl on cotbg and i gained 4 lvls in blunt arms instantly... then died... it was weird...

[edit]

oh yea not to mention iv never used any blunt type weapons...

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Aglar said:
My character was a level 10 Barbarian or something, when suddenly it went to a level 7 Titan in mid-game. None of my stats seem to have gone down, so is this just a result of me raising one of my skills that pushed me from one class to another?

Whenever you gain a title that pulls from more than one skill, your overall level becomes the average of those skills' levels.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Your highest skill determines your level. So if you have ten swordsmanship, you're a level 10 fencer (I think fencer is the title). However, if you have another skill that is high (compared to your other skills), your title is based on the average of your two highest skills. So if you have level ten swordsmanship and level four blunt arms (and all other skills at one), you'll be a level seven... something (don't know what the title is).

This is probably what happened to you. At first, you trained just one skill, and then you started training another.

Edit: And Kuroneko beat me to this answer by 35 minutes.

Aglar

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's exactly what happened.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Your highest skill determines your level

really then my characters bugged my highest skill is spell casting and i t says im a lvl 6 shadow weaver.... my spell casting is at 8

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If your next highest skill is 4-5, that's why.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Your highest skill determines your level. So if you have ten swordsmanship, you're a level 10 fencer (I think fencer is the title). However, if you have another skill that is high (compared to your other skills), your title is based on the average of your two highest skills. So if you have level ten swordsmanship and level four blunt arms (and all other skills at one), you'll be a level seven... something (don't know what the title is).

This is probably what happened to you. At first, you trained just one skill, and then you started training another.

Edit: And Kuroneko beat me to this answer by 35 minutes.

How can that happen? Say, if your rank is 10 and you have swordmanship level 10 then you can only have another skill in level 10. And if yet another skill were to be counted as the second highest skill it'd have to get above the two level 10 skills. By that the rank should raise not fall.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
heres the rules for it... :\

Your title is determined by the combination of your two highest skills ABOVE level 3. It starts with a default of "Adventurer". If you only have one skill above level 3, that will be the only skill that determines your title.

Rank falls in this manner: someone trains a 'pure' swordsmanship character to level 10. They then start to train a sedconday skill. Once the second skill gets to level 4, it will take the average of the two - lowering the level temporarily.