The Blades of Urdual

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
People who abuse other players, and that such. Where they PK a ton, loot fellow players, those are the types who'll never get into BoU. Am I right in guessing if somebody already in BoU starts to abuse these such things, you'd boot them out J-M?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
weeeeelll...i'd never get in even if i wanted to then XD

but ah, aren't the blades supposed to uphold balance ...wouldn't never pking be pure good side?

just somethin to think about ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
People who didn't/wouldn't get into the guild:

- I denied guild membership to -=UOD=-KaKaShI-!RAQ!. Most of you probably know him, as he played a long time. The problem is, he's eleven years old, he has no idea what I mean when I'm speaking English most of the time, and even when I explain him stuff in his native language (we both happen to be Dutch) he still doesn't understand what I mean most of the time. This one is a special case.

- Stupid, self-centered "I-want-all-rare-items-now" morons don't get in my guild.

- People who **** up the game for others by stealing items and crashing servers will never get in my guild (Reckless-Fire, masterswordv1.0, Chase, that kind of people).

- People who constantly trash-talk about the Blades of Urdual for no good reason obviously won't ever get in (people like Jester and RED).

- Lotusrako won't ever get in again because about five days after he joined, he left to make a new guild which was basically a BoU clone (the Knights of Chaos, piece of crap guild). Fortunately, that guild collapsed within a week. Owned, asshole.

As for PK'ing players. We don't actively not-PK. I know that sounds strange, but we only PK if other players attack us/other innocent players. If we would have to make a balance between PK'ing and not-PK'ing, we'd have to kill people 50% of the time. Us Blades do not wish to degrade to mindless PK'ers.

Edit: And if any of the people I named above are suddenly like "I don't want to join BoU anyway :roll: ", my reply is: fine :mrgreen:

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Right on J-M :D
I disliked the make-up of the Knights of Chaos... why would you join one person's guild, only to make a mockery of it? It is like blemishing the beauty of BoU, by making a failed clone/copy...

I am going to my hometown's football game in half-an-hour to an hour :D
So I can't play actively tonight... BUT I STILL LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :D

pkm25

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes Jm i know, i got to know some of the members about half a year ago before i got a new steam because my old one got hacked. I met you once too. My name was "Legolas" it was supposed to be "Legolas The Ranger" but it cut it off because of spaces. So hopefully i get in!

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Bump for us, also where did J-M go to, I never see him anymore except for his very rare forum posts : (.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I had a PC reinstall about two weeks ago, and I haven't installed Steam since. Not only that, I lost track of which new updates there are (next to the November 1st update and the new AMX package).

Also, I didn't play MS: C for about two weeks or so before that PC reinstall because I got a tad bored and moved on to other games.

Currently I am trying to complete Far Cry (which is a fascinating game... with HDR :idea: ).

Edit: Oh yeah, new map updates, I read about those as well.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
There's also the new Novemeber 4 ms.dll wich helps running servers a lot. <3 Thothie's fixes.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I had a PC reinstall about two weeks ago, and I haven't installed Steam since. Not only that, I lost track of which new updates there are (next to the November 1st update and the new AMX package).

Also, I didn't play MS: C for about two weeks or so before that PC reinstall because I got a tad bored and moved on to other games.

Currently I am trying to complete Far Cry (which is a fascinating game... with HDR :idea: ).

Edit: Oh yeah, new map updates, I read about those as well.

Meh, Farcry... At least he didn't get WOW'd.

All ya need are:
CLIENT:
Steam: Steam Linky
The main MS:C 1.0: MSC Linky
The November Update: http://www.thothie.com/ms (at da top)

SERVER: *deep breath*
The old: HLDSUpdateTool (see also HLDS Tutor)
Restarter: http://www.thothie.com/msc/hlds_restarter135.zip
Newest AMX2006 Package: http://www.thothie.com/ms/msc_amx.zip
Maps:
Char Recover
Cyax's MS_Quest
Marctastic's PVP Maps
Jester's Unrest2 (edited)
Jester's Unrest1
Crow's World Walker - Set I
Keledros Prelude II
Calruin II
Crow's Curse of the Beer Gods
Avzool's Frozen "OMFG make the hurting stop" Summit
Nightmare: Thornlands
Orc Arena (I've no control over that link)
...After ya get all that:
Map Updates: http://www.thothie.com/ms/msc_map_updates1.zip

...oh, and, the newest thang: Beta P4 Optimized MS.DLL

I wonder if I should make some sort of "ready to go" server package... Cept it'd be huge, and v. cumbersome to update.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
What does that Beta P4 Optimized MS.DLL offer? Absolute latest fixes through that DLL? :D

That one there only fixes bugs related to CPU lag on Pentium series CPU's. Makes server run much smoother and with much less resource use, but doesn't do much else; however, in some cases it may allow for more players. It *may* help newer AMD CPU's that support the 2003 Pentium extensions, but I can't promise it (nor have I heard of anyone testing it on an AMD yet.)

It's been given some pretty thorough thrashing on my server, and does wonders for it. I can actually join my server now! Yay!

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I use an AMD CPU, I got that DLL, but I still haven't tested with other players joining my own server :)

Otherwise though, it runs slightly smoother... I no longer get pings of 130 on my own HLDS server on same computer :)
Those pings are more along the lines of 20 or so now.

scooby3219

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
i know i might be a bit late but can i join the blades of urdual please

and yes i swear to the code

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
scooby3219 said:
and yes i swear to the code

I find myself swearing at code quite a bit lately too... *cough*

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I am not sure if that means you are in the Guild :)

More along the lines of... well... you are simply saying what you are saying :D

Perhaps if you knew what the code was (by oh-say... posting a copy of it & what you're swearing to?) then I'd like ya'more!! :D