The Blades of Urdual [FN]

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
For those who have been wondering why my server can get so incredibly laggy at times:

I can not use my own internet connection to host because I'm behind a router that's locked with a password I don't have. This is really a shame as I have a 2 MB/sec upload rate.
So, in a desperate attempt to host anyway, the server laptop is leeching from an unsecured wireless network nearby. Whoever owns this wireless network forgot to change the default password of the router (which was easy to look up) and - judging by the router settings menu client list - I'm not the only one leeching from this wireless network. That's what causes the lag. There's a lot of people using the internet connection that my server is using. The laptop hardware should be more than sufficient (Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz, 3072 MB DDR2 RAM) so any 'FPS lag' is most likely not my fault.

I can't connect to the aforementioned wireless network right now for some odd reason, even though it's up, in range and still unsecured... I'm trying to fix the problem.
Just thought I'd give a heads-up and an explanation as to why the ping can be so horrible at times.

Edit: It's up again, for what it's worth.