Suggestion

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
who said anything about experience? I said expidence, as in, doing something alot faster or more conveniantly, I have no idea where the hp thing came in thothie. Actually, I never even said anything about ice element, I was thinking more "protection" spell catagory, which to me, makes sense with maces being imbued with protection spells. Could be called "Mace of Sheilding" or.... anything blunt "with Sheilding" attached really. Point is, we need a new blunt, and I think the utility of the idea is pretty good, non abusable, not overpowered, and not useless.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Suggestion: A blunt weapon that can set new spawn points. Basically, that means the charged attack/alternate fire should function as a crystal of relocation.

The Hammer of Relocation or something.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
Expedience and battle casting, really blows when your fighting atholo or some other boss/ sub boss and your ice sheild breaks and you get beat on for 6-7 hits while you fumble to re-cast it.

That is why someone else should cast the shield for you.

Everyone doesn't have to be the fighter. Since bosses don't give that much experience compared to the difficulty and time to kill them, someone should, or could, be a dedicated healer and ice shield caster.

I'm sure the one who does, would get plenty experience from fighting the enemies before reaching the boss, and besides, one could take turns, just let the toughest fighter get the aggro before swapping.

It's about co-operation, you know ;)

I'm not so sure we need a new blunt (well, actually, we could).
We have 12 axes, 16 Blunts and 23 Swords currently, including the dull weapons.
By the way, it's the Dull to Perfect-editions (7 in total) in Swords that provides such a high number.
With just the Perfect ones (including the starter weapon), there are 17 Swords.

Unless you meant magical quest weapon, that is. Few of those in the blunts line.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, too bad rejuvenation heals for crap on other players.You'd have to have a divination of like 40 to keep someone alive during most boss fights.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
[FSM]The Owneded said:
Yeah, too bad rejuvenation heals for crap on other players.You'd have to have a divination of like 40 to keep someone alive during most boss fights.
Word.

You heal Dude for 2.00 HP.
Atholo attacks Dude (99/1). HIT! 200.0 damage!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Heals others for 14hp a second at my divination level (12). But yeah, that ain't gonna help against Atholo, lest you have three others doing it and the guy in front is shielded to heck. However, with the old ratio, you'd make the guy in front invulnerable with a single divination 5 caster behind him.

As for the ice shield, I misunderstood, and thought you meant it was going down in 6-7 hits.

Needless to say anything that gives you an additional 50% damage reduction, on top of armor, is either going to be costly, or set up in such a way that it isn't easy to have on constantly. We've already been pretty generous by increasing duration 150% this year (nevermind upgrading the spell from the absolutely worthless state it was in originally: 1% protection per cast, that stacked, and lasted 5-30 seconds each).

In anycase, the base way to get maximum effectiveness out of ice shield is:
- Tome it
- Hotkey it

The only time I've ever had trouble getting ice shield up in a hurry is when I've lost track and blown all my mana on something else. (Or I get the skybrush bug, and forget to check my feet out.)

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've just had alot of trouble with some "this spell needs a moment to prepare" "failed to sheild target, the mana returns" and "you failed to prepare the spell" things that really screw over your battle casting. Support casters are a joke at the moment, yeah, it would be nice if a guy whent around keeping everyone sheilded, it's not gonna happen though unless they get something out of it.

If you think the idea is a bit overpowered you could reduce the duration I suppose, or make it another type of sheilding that stacks with everything, short duration, +5% total damage resist. Woulden't be enough to be overpowered I woulden't think, and would be a mana drain to keep it on so it would only be used for bosses and other big nasties that won't care about that extra 5% and maul you for alot of damage anyway.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
it would be nice if a guy whent around keeping everyone sheilded, it's not gonna happen though unless they get something out of it.

I am that guy :p

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
elfstone222 said:
it would be nice if a guy whent around keeping everyone sheilded, it's not gonna happen though unless they get something out of it.

I am that guy :p

So thats why I'm never shielded :(

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Well I still think it's a good idea, especially the "+5% stacks with everything" one, so there. It's not meant to be really useful, considering the weapons that are out right now are mid teir compared to what the top teir weapons will be that drop from maps that are in the level 45-50+ range.

The ice sheild thing was more for solo'ing, and really I just intended it to save you from getting beat on the full 4-13 seconds it takes to re-cast it depending on where you've got it. I think the +5% extra sheilding would make it pretty useful to have on a weapon.

Another thing I was thinking of was random chance spell casts from a weapon, if you've played many MMO's I'm referring to procs. I like the random elemental dot damage, and the charge and consume mana stuff, and I'm not saying any of that should change. It would just be cool if a weapon would randomly cast a unique spell without using mana, it could be more powerful than the charge up stuff even, depending on the proc chance. Just some random concept that I like about other online rpg's that I think woulden't be hard to add in for flavor.