Suggestion

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Due to formats and reaching inbox limits, I can't really back up my claim, but ya did tell me not to look into them (and before I had the full archive, you refused to send me them)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
May have simply been misunderstood, I meant that I did not want you to look into creating a character decryptor.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I would toss spears into archery - moot point, as we've no model we could use for said anyways.

Thothie has forbidden me to even look into the files that contain how the chars are encrypted.
I don't recall saying that, per say. Just very reluctant to have anything made that actually decrypts characters.

4D and 5D arrays

There's some fun structs in the code with as many as 100 elements, several of which have a dozen or more sub elements.

Couldn't you just borrow the PVK spear model/script? (With permission of course)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why would you want a spear anyways... ??

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Why would you want a spear anyways... ??
To kill things with... and to pitch tents. ;)

Couldn't you just borrow the PVK spear model/script? (With permission of course)
They've denied us permissions for models before.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
:idea: I just came up with a halfassedly possible way to get spears in. We can take the knife animation (the one where you hold the knife underhand) and a simple spear, and, with a little more animation, create the spear concept! ...Possible?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well you can model, you tell me. ;)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well you can model, you tell me. ;)

Heh, if I put a cone on a stick, will someone take that knife anim and add five-ten more frames? Iono...Another idea I had, is you could...
[possible blasphemy]Take the code for arrows from the original MS so that the spears do not disappear (it's only one entity, what harm could that do?)
[/possible blasphemy]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That code is still there, and any issues it may cause are easily rectified by only giving you so many - and making an alternate projectile for any NPC that actually uses them that can't be picked up. (Just maybe, you get one off the NPC after you kill him.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hrm...Well, in that case, I shall make a spear, and find someone to animate it then! It'll probably need a stab anim too...Methinks that the longsword anim might work.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Took bout 10 minutes, will make a good basic placeholder.
finalrm5.png

Toccs

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hmm cool,

What about right click stab, left click throw, and place it into archery.

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
A place where your Guild name could go on the scoreboard would be nice instead of party. So you can be in ROFLCOPTER guild while in Jon's Party

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Ooh! The charged attack could be a spear that carries on through everything it hits, until it hits a wall. That'd be a crowd-pleaser.

Edit:

Thothie said:
...and to pitch tents.

I can pitch myself just fine, thanks. :wink:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I can only think of 2 ways to do armor piercing:

1. Read in how much armor the enemy has and increase the damage based on it (Painful, and possibly impossible)
2. Change/add on to the current damage function so that Thothie can include an armor-piercing percent. Not sure that this one would work, but if Thothie could do it, it would certainly allow for a few more weapon specialties ;-)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
1. Isn't, at the moment, possible, as I've no way to read armor amount on targets in the scripts... However, I recently modified the "takedmg" command to set variables when elemental resistances are introduced, so it might be a simple matter of making a new var for armor and add that.

2. I've already set it up so certain damage types bypass parry ("magic", "target", and any damage type beginning with "effect_") - this is why you do not get parry spam from monsters using damage scans to find targets, and why you no longer parry fire or poison DOT effects. It maybe possible to use the same method to bypass armor, but it'd have to take place elsewhere in the code.

One of the key bits to fixing the XP system, that's related, is going to be getting XP to calculate post armor/resistance adjustments.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
How about this idea? I f*ing weapon that can cast ice sheild, even better, a blunt that can cast ice sheild that's on par with a nova?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
How about this idea? I f*ing weapon that can cast ice sheild, even better, a blunt that can cast ice sheild that's on par with a nova?
Why ice shield? It's not like that spell is rare...

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Expedience and battle casting, really blows when your fighting atholo or some other boss/ sub boss and your ice sheild breaks and you get beat on for 6-7 hits while you fumble to re-cast it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah, well, with regards to experience, Ice Shield offers none...But an ice elemental weapon? It has been suggested numerous times ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
Expedience and battle casting, really blows when your fighting atholo or some other boss/ sub boss and your ice sheild breaks and you get beat on for 6-7 hits while you fumble to re-cast it.

Ice shield doesn't break by HP - it has a duration relative to your concentration stat. (30 seconds +/-)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:

Especially when the BS ice shield is cast. The BS ice shield is the ice shield you THINK will work, but will fail utterly for the duration of the cast and the next 1/2 or so casts.