MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah, and HP? That's prolly trickier...

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Im really screwed now. My character is really "specialized" in his skills. My HP is pretty low...thus making me unexcited for this patch. I say if the person has the sword skills to get the epic title then he should be able too since leveling up maces for HP to gain a sword title doesn't make much sense to me. Also the HP = +spawn% is also bad in my book. I do just as much dmg as the next guy my lvl thus making me contribute just as much but just because of my HP I get excluded from chests or sometimes kicked from server *cough*

I might even die less then the high HP people because I adjusted myself to such conditions of play.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, well I got Cur/Max HP displaying in a new column on the scoreboard. It will also say "Dead" if the player has 0 HP. I tested it with multiple people and it seems to be working. If your running in a resolution lower than 800x600 the ping column might be pushed off, but then again you probably have a lot of visual problems with the vgui anyways. So far no luck in the server info score, working on it.

P.S. Fixed the send skills on spawn thing.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think this is the closest non-JoaT thing that Thothie will ever add, so I don't know how much luck you'll have arguing him. This isn't next patch, either, he's just throwing these ideas out there.

Edit: What was wrong with it, Shuri?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The outer loop that was supposed to go through SKILL_MAX_ATTACK which I thought was the number of all the player skills, but as it turns out, somehow its 13 because the enum starts at 6. So I just did SKILL_MAX_ATTACK - SKILL_FIRSTSKILL (which is six, or where the enum starts) and it loops fine now. It was trying to pull exp/level info for skills that don't exist.

tl;dr the loop was too big, don't trust msc constants

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Also the HP = +spawn% is also bad in my book
It doesn't. Must throttle people who keep spreading that rumor.

I say if the person has the sword skills to get the epic title then he should be able too since leveling up maces for HP to gain a sword title doesn't make much sense to me.
If it makes ye feel any better, ye need the sword skill and the HP to get a sword related title. So someone who got all buffed up on nothing but axes and hammers won't be able to get one.

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If it makes ye feel any better, ye need the sword skill and the HP to get a sword related title. So someone who got all buffed up on nothing but axes and hammers won't be able to get one.

I mean if a epic sword title requires 800hp and 30 swords then the person has to train in non-related weapons to get the HP part. I think that it shouldn't matter what HP the person has, if you have 30 swords then you can get the swords title. Not the I have 30 swords but 29 in everything to get the HP title.

If you got the skills to handle a sword and do the dmg. You are epic!
Not you got skills in everything but your the sword master.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think any sword specific titles that were suggested required HP like that. Twas more like 400hp for 30 swords specific. There was one that was like 30 in ALL melee with 800hp+ though.

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I dont know just saying what I think. I dont think you should spend hours upon hours leveling up maces just for the HP to get your swords title.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, one question. With this new title system going into effect. Will there be any use for Jack of all Trade or *SHOULD* everyone start leveling their desired skill?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
There were plenty of titles that would require you diverse your training. Did you two even read the title post?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Generally speaking the game will still favor jack of all trade characters, but if you want to get a particular title sooner then you should specialize in that title's requisites once you have a fair base of hitpoints to work with.

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Y'know, to be honest about all this. I think you should be able to talk to the Priest in Edana and set your own custom title name. But of course with this, there's also going to be the occasional idiot who abuses it, and changes his title to something idiotic an a attempt to be comical. In all seriousness though, I think that you should be able to do this, but if someone abuses it, they'll have a consequence.

But then again.. I can see the advantages of the new title system (+/- with certain skills, advantages, pures, etc.) On the other hand, the custom title allows you to be unique and let you have your own title; but obviously this would cause much abuse.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If the game revolved around role playing I could see the use of a custom title. However, most players don't really get that into their character and attempt to role play, so we might as well give titles for what they do: level up. :wink:

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Double post to say I've fixed it to make your score in the server browser equal to your hp.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Is that current hp or max hp? :roll:
I know that there's a console command that only shows current hp. Dunno if that's what it's supposed to do though.

Deantwo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Double post to say I've fixed it to make your score in the server browser equal to your hp.
great :) now... when will i be abot to get that update? :roll:

ooh yeah and since we are talking about titles anyway... will i loss my "Ranger" title? :( i like that title...

:idea:
what about making it like it was in StarWarsGalaxies... i mean you can talk with a NPC and pick between all the titles you have "won" ("won" as all the titles you have skills levels to have) :p mostly cause i love being Ranger :D

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Titles are all about your two highest skills, Ranger is sword and archery. If you want it back, you'll have to keep these two skills above everything but good luck with that though, parry is a freaking title breaker.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
kai said:
Y'know, to be honest about all this. I think you should be able to talk to the Priest in Edana and set your own custom title name. But of course with this, there's also going to be the occasional idiot who abuses it, and changes his title to something idiotic an a attempt to be comical. In all seriousness though, I think that you should be able to do this, but if someone abuses it, they'll have a consequence.

But then again.. I can see the advantages of the new title system (+/- with certain skills, advantages, pures, etc.) On the other hand, the custom title allows you to be unique and let you have your own title; but obviously this would cause much abuse.

i like teh idea

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
For some reason, I think you'd be one of the ones to abuse it.

Can't put my finger on why... :roll:

Deantwo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well... i guess it was a good idea i had :) hope to see you guys around :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Deantwo said:
what about making it like it was in StarWarsGalaxies... i mean you can talk with a NPC and pick between all the titles you have "won" ("won" as all the titles you have skills levels to have) :p mostly cause i love being Ranger :D
That's basically the idea. ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5132&start=0 ) Tis a few patches away though, as is the axing of the parry.

Deantwo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Deantwo said:
That's basically the idea. ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5132&start=0 ) Tis a few patches away though, as is the axing of the parry.
ooh cool! :) so... your just removing Parry from the way calculate levels/titles? :roll: or totaly remove it? :? or do you want me to read the other topic? :(