small idea: Score = Level

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, there's a thread on this somewhere... But basically parry will be calculated by your weapon skill and equipment, rather than be a skill you increase. In addition to the fact that it gave you XP for getting hit (which never sat well with me) – it’s been a long standing exploit for fast leveling.

I think, if you look in console after you pull out your sword or what not, it will tell you what your parry will be under the new system. Basically it's weapon skill, multiplied by shield - although two weapon usage stacks, so it has the added advantage that it at least gives *some* reason to wield two weapons, should you not have a nifty shield.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
it’s been a long standing exploit for fast leveling.
Namely Nando, Joe, and Dark_Force9999, though that last guy could have just been hacking his levels instead, as he hacked an alternate character with all of the best weapons and a moderate level (thinking nobody would notice that it went from naught to 25 with all the rares in the game?). Needless to say, he's been banned.

Deantwo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Eh, there's a thread on this somewhere... But basically parry will be calculated by your weapon skill and equipment, rather than be a skill you increase. In addition to the fact that it gave you XP for getting hit (which never sat well with me) – it’s been a long standing exploit for fast leveling.

I think, if you look in console after you pull out your sword or what not, it will tell you what your parry will be under the new system. Basically it's weapon skill, multiplied by shield - although two weapon usage stacks, so it has the added advantage that it at least gives *some* reason to wield two weapons, should you not have a nifty shield.
ok cool! :)

well... i have had a little troble with finding out what weapons are netter then other... anywhere i can read that? :(
sorry if i ask to much...

EDIT:
found the Wiki... nevermind :roll:

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
It's easier to have it show HP instead of level because no one cares about your level. Showing Hp also means you can press tab and check everyone's HP and heal when needed.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hmm stop necroposting please, this system is in and fine already.
And yes, we see hp.