Seriously this mod is not worth it...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
JEBUS said:
MS 1.35 for life, I say we leave this trash of a mod and host our servers on the old MS. Thats just me, I'll take my chances with an ugly mod rather than an uncomplete buggy peice of trash.
=
JEBUS said:
MS 1.35 for life, I say I leave this trash of a mod and host my server on the old MS. Thats just me, I'll take my chances with an ugly mod rather than an uncomplete buggy peice of trash.
Please do. This community does not need people like you.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I hope not. It's too much fun :D

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
And our bugs are being worked out, too. Did you notice that little "Armor Bug" fix that he's working on? Excuse me while I give a rat's as* about whether YOU think that this mod is better than the previous version. If you notice, there are quite a few people here that think otherwise.

But half of you morons

You didn't blame us for the bugs, but you certainly were an asshole to those of us here. Perhaps you should be gracious that most of the people went off onto a tangent instead of tearing you a new one, which they really should have.

The fact that you came here and complained about these little nuances that we all have gotten used to is testament enough that you think someone could do a better job, and since you're being enough of a dick, I figured that you were just volunteering yourself.

NOW! As I already have the title of Forum Jerk, I have no problem continuing this, but if you want to give up and realize that you're a moron, well I'm game.

I know I made that remark and I apologize for it, you people have actually been very polite for me bashing you game.

I do come here complain about those “nuances” because you and others have successfully dodged them or just plain lucky. I, and I’m sure many others haven’t, and have to had deal with frustration of playing not knowing whether your character will work or if it won’t, if there is a new emergency patch that I don’t know of, or some noob who doesn’t know of and ruins the server or our characters. And I can’t do a better job, that is just pure stupid logic.

I’ll stop after all you are the “Forum Jerk” so you have an ego to live up to internet badass. I also feel this is going to get know where, I dislike the game, and you proudly defend it. So in the end I’m aloud to voice my opinion, one that I’ve held for many months. I shouldn’t have offended you all, that was my mistake.

So bottom-line, I think MS 1.35 was better, sure it had bugs like all mods, but I can honestly say I didn’t have half of the problems I do now in MS:C. I’ve had problems since the start of MS:C and still do. And I still dislike the MS:C team for leaving their unfinished mod.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It was almost civil for a bit there... Sadly Jebus being more civil than most here IMO...

But yeah, I deserve a good flogging for corrupting so many characters over the past few days (almost all new characters)... I woulda put this armor patch up yesterday, if I'd been a bit better at fightning off my alien kidnappers.

Most of the people yelling at you have characters that a nearly a year old, so they don't feel your pain. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, you're ALLOWED to voice your opinions. I am, too. I, too, used that right.

The point is, you essentially just became Michael Richards here.

And Thothie, I really don't give a cr*p that you don't think I'm being civil. I spoke my mind and I'm not going to feel bad about that.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
And Thothie, I really don't give a cr*p that you don't think I'm being civil. I spoke my mind and I'm not going to feel bad about that.
Don't attack Thothie now. That's not cool. You love Thothie.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I do, however, agree with one thing that Jebus put forward...

WHY DID YOU LEAVE US DEVS? D: x 2000

Oh well, we have thothie...but the captain is supposed to fix his ship, not let the 1st Mate take over and do it for him :|

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I didn't attack him. And no, I'm not that much of a suck-up.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I do like the MS: C developers for at least trying to deliver us a nice mod.

And many of you seem to forget that Kuroneko and Co do not form the original MS development team. The real "oldies" (Tungar, Evaan, Lord Omega, Dogg, all the others I forgot) left this mod (their mod) a long time ago to work on Era of Legends (Half-Life 2 multiplayer fantasy RPG) which pretty much never even got past 1% completion. Then Kuroneko and Co decided they'd give MS a shot.

I also especially like Kuroneko for
- Hosting this website
- Giving me a hidden BoU subforum :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Without them, there'd be nothing to fix. ;)

Be nice of Dogg would at least give ADVICE though. ><

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've a feeling we need internal beta testing for each patch from now on?

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So I tried to give MS:C another try with the new patch, and I can't store anything even with buying a weapon holder and my small sack and other I get the message

cl:error (CLIENT):__MsgFunc_Item() --> got'add to contanier' msg but client couldn't put rat pelt in bare firsts.

Also some players can't see me.

I HAVE A SMALL SACK, I HAVE A HEAVY WEAPONS HOLDER, NEITHER SHOW UP AFTER BUYING OR EVEN WHEN I MADE ANOTHER NEW CHARCTER. THIS IS A DAMN BLOODDY JOKE. THOSE WHO WANNA ARGUE TO ME BUG OFF CUASE THIS IS JUST SAD NOW.

I REJOIN STILL NO GO.

I will not try MS:C again till someone can promise a decent stable version... this is far from enjoyable. Thank god PvK2 has come out to realease all the bloody stress.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
JEBUS said:
So I tried to give MS:C another try with the new patch, and I can't store anything even with buying a weapon holder and my small sack and other I get the message

cl:error (CLIENT):__MsgFunc_Item() --> got'add to contanier' msg but client couldn't put rat pelt in bare firsts.

I never heard of such a bug, and If you hasn't noticed theres Patches being released Every month, If not sooner, So your about to come across a new bug while Old ones are being fixed. I never saw such attention towards ms 1.35.

So instead of making a thread about how You dislike this mod and think MS 1.35 is less buggy, which I find to be Rather retarded observation, with 1.35 easly hacked characters, Limited weapons and maps. Start a thread on the bugs you've encountered, helping the Community, Thothie and YOUSELF.

I say you only came here to have a pissy fit because you can't install MS:C in the correct order/properly:

Install Mod First,
Then Patch/s.

I Guarantee the "Bugs" you're having will be reduced by 100%, If not more.

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I finally got it to work after unistall and reinstall. Everything is actually running quite smooth.

I'm starting to regret some things I said, but I still dislike the devs. for leaving MS:C.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...was about to say, we do have several dozen people who seem to be using the containers just fine... MSC does still have the MS1.35 flaw, where if you buy something that's too heavy (or grabit from a chest), it gets teleported to oblivion - this include sacks/sheaths, but they are very light.

I've updated the wiki (sheaths) (packs) to comply with the beta. I personally am good with just a weapons strap and a big sack (and maybe a Quiver of the Archer). But we have this bizzare system as some people like to sort their inventory in different ways.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'm a dev on the MSC team, and I've not left :)

Its just hard to find time to model at the moment, as I'm changing jobs etc (in real life I mean)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gaz, DrKill, and especially Lord K have all been very helpful in keeping the HL1 end alive, as has Lanethan, the original world-concepterator himself (who, for the record, refuses all responsibility for bludgeons and dogcats). I wouldn't be able to resistate the mod, insomuch as I have, without their help. Without Lord K - we'd still be playing on the January 2006 patch.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well, just for the record here:
A) MSC + Thothie's patches does kick ass, lots of fixed bugs, countless even
B) In the event this mod does crash & die I must put this out there; release the source code in hopes of a revival (I am sure singleplayer parts of this mod will never pass though).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Who does or does not get the source code is up to Lord K in the end (albeit, he has thrown a lot of discretion my ways in that regards, but I've been trying not to abuse it too badly.)

If the aliens that keep kidnapping probe me to death, or some such, I keep giving Lord K periodic updates of all my code archives, so he can pass them off to someone else, if need be.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
And likewise the central server isn't going anywhere for awhile. Baring an explosion of the server or my death.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
In which case I would be happy to host the central server :D