Seriously this mod is not worth it...

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ya I've gone through 3 characters this past week all because of the stupid bug and yes I downloaded the bloody patch which still bugs my character and others too. One was a lvl 20 wizard.... I can't stand when people try to join and crash everyone out, and its not the people joing faults its the bloody developers for abannoding their buggy unfinished mod to go to source.

This mod has had stupid problems since the realease I don't know why anyone puts up to play with it. Its more like a lotery than a RPG with the chance if your character will still work or load.

It is a fun mod when it works, but I'd say thats 20% of the time. But the MS before this peice of trash had less connection problems and character problems it was just ugly which I could put up with other than this shit in desquise.

I'm really not trying to be rude, its just I'm wondering how you guys put up with it for so long.

None of you probably know me, I've just been watching the mod for a long time and finally comming out from the dark to give my last 2 cents...

See you all in a few years when source comes out.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i kind of agree with you... but thothie even though the old team has moved on to source. He try's his damn'st to fix and better MSC... so please dont blame that on him... yes i did like the old MS a little better for some reason "IDK WHY DONT ASK" ... but this one has much more content... and has generated a larger community than its elder... id still be playing the old ms over this one if i could get a steam compatible version... either way DONT BLAME THOTHIE! ...

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It's just recently the char corruption bug came. That's how I put up with it :roll:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Dreadwind will be like 1.35 without some bugs, and with magic.

but i agree its bad that the devs abandonned the hl msc...
BUT!!! When Tothie took over it we got cool new content VERY often,
it just made it really worth it...

as for the corruption bug, it didt exist when i played

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurglas... you keep making me want to make my own MSC Continent...

hmm maybe we could even connect your continents... that would be cool i think... like (if you wouldnt mind) my continent could be the starting area... (ill make a story for it) being as it would be the easyier continent where you start... then after you've done everything and your a fairly good level you can choose to travel to your continent? or it could just still be seperate...

but... id like it to be a completely differnt mod based off of msc's scripting and such... that way it would limit them to new characters because of the fact of it being a new journey (and if we do , do it this way and are aloud to do it this way we can even cut out content we dont want to get in differnt and new content not in msc) either way if you want to do this PM me that way we can discuss with thothie if he would mind us doing this since i believe hes incharge of msc now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm writing up one last armor patch now... If it doesn't work, I'm giving up on the armor patch. It seems to be corrupting all new characters and leaving the old ones alone for some stupid reason.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'm writing up one last armor patch now... If it doesn't work, I'm giving up on the armor patch. It seems to be corrupting all new characters and leaving the old ones alone for some stupid reason.

i have a semi new character ... but it was made before that patch came... and i still havnt gotten the problem.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Trust me, EVERY character that has gotten this (and there are a LOT - I have like 30 restore requests in que) is under 4 days old.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
its a shame... the armor thing would be cool

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Weird, that only new players with their new characters are suffering -_-

But... I must say this again... I am proud to say (and have as a fact) that I have not witnessed even one bug from any of Thothie's patches since late November 8)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Weird, that only new players with their new characters are suffering -_-

But... I must say this again... I am proud to say (and have as a fact) that I have not witnessed even one bug from any of Thothie's patches since late November 8)

i have...but thats because i look really hard :)

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Aye I've suffered from bugs since this game was realeased. And I am no noob to MS. Maybe on these bloody stupid forums but o well.

But half of you morons couldn't see my message instead you just went on about more fixes or how you've encountered no bugs, well if you haven't your lucky. But how many fixes are enough? How many emergancy patches are needed for any mod? Sure this mod is unique but it still is unfinished and buggy.

I do pay my respect to Thothie, he is a single man trying to finish/fix the developement of a mod. I blame the MS:C team, your a bunch of cowards for not admiting your bloody messup of a mod. Instead of trying to finish what you made you left it aside and moved on.

MS 1.35 for life, I say we leave this trash of a mod and host our servers on the old MS. Thats just me, I'll take my chances with an ugly mod rather than an uncomplete buggy peice of trash.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this is more complete than 1.35 sad to say...
would be POINTLESS to return to a mod we can NEVER really expand on

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Alright, I didn't say anything at first, but that last comment just begs for my...typical response. You sir, are a f*cking moron. Oh boo hoo! The mod has bugs! Wah! Ya know what else has bugs? CS(S), HL2, etc. That's right dipsh*t, even those mods where they have a full staff of paid PROFESSIONALS have bugs. The MSC team left, not because there were too many bugs, but because they were held back by the engine. Frankly, I'm glad that they're working towards source and we have Thothie here.

We are NOT morons here. You, however, are a moron if you think that this communty is to blame for these bugs. The only person here who is actively bug squashing is Thothie, and he's doing a helluva better job than you possibly could. So instead of coming on here and giving us sh*t about a mod that we all love, why don't you just go shove it, ok?

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:

And it would be POINTLESS to continue on playing a bloody mod where within a week or month our characters be deleted or bugged or a mod that you can't even wear armor on.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
JEBUS said:
Gurluas said:

And it would be POINTLESS to continue on playing a bloody mod where within a week or month our characters be deleted or bugged or a mod that you can't even wear armor on.

you can use armor, who cares if other cant see it?
honestly...

and all the time i played i didt have all theese farfetched issues.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think we actually have less game-stopping bugs than MS 1.35 did... And your character is actually much more likely to be deleted in MS 1.35 than in MSC (tis just in MS 1.35, you could at least have your own backups handy). It's true, the biggest bugs we never could quite defeat. We've manage to mitigate the map transition crash, at best - and it does at least always come back up on the map you were heading to. Plus you don't have the truly god like hackers in MSC that you did in MS 1.35 (just the 'omfg where did you get that!?' hackers.)

The MSC world is a LOT bigger though. Got a ton more decent maps for MSC than we ever had in MS 1.35 - plus we have all the old decent MS 1.35 maps ported over. Tons more stuff to find too. Dun think I could handle going back to MS 1.35 myself, don't see any advantage to it - save that, maybe my armor would display proper.

In anycase, I've removed the armor fix as of JAN2007D - and this is most likely what corrupted your character. Just pay attention to the versions the servers are running, and ye should be fine.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I think we actually have less game-stopping bugs than MS 1.35 did... And your character is actually much more likely to be deleted in MS 1.35 than in MSC (tis just in MS 1.35, you could at least have your own backups handy). It's true, the biggest bugs we never could quite defeat. We've manage to mitigate the map transition crash, at best - and it does at least always come back up on the map you were heading to. Plus you don't have the truly god like hackers in MSC that you did in MS 1.35 (just the 'omfg where did you get that!?' hackers.)

The MSC world is a LOT bigger though. Got a ton more decent maps for MSC than we ever had in MS 1.35 - plus we have all the old decent MS 1.35 maps ported over.

this is true! MS 1.35 tended to crash...every 1.5 hours at least..except on my server for some reason, but when i joined others it would crash...and i only remember one or two maps that were even slightly decent that weren't ported over to MSC...cant remember names and specificcs though...meh

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Alright, I didn't say anything at first, but that last comment just begs for my...typical response. You sir, are a f*cking moron. Oh boo hoo! The mod has bugs! Wah! Ya know what else has bugs? CS(S), HL2, etc. That's right dipsh*t, even those mods where they have a full staff of paid PROFESSIONALS have bugs. The MSC team left, not because there were too many bugs, but because they were held back by the engine. Frankly, I'm glad that they're working towards source and we have Thothie here.

We are NOT morons here. You, however, are a moron if you think that this communty is to blame for these bugs. The only person here who is actively bug squashing is Thothie, and he's doing a helluva better job than you possibly could. So instead of coming on here and giving us sh*t about a mod that we all love, why don't you just go shove it, ok?

Its normal for all mods to have bugs, of course professional mods have bugs also, but they fix them, or eventually they do, sometimes they always don't fix them and people learn to live with them. The reason for my ranting is I use to play MS alot back in day and come here to find the remake better looking yes..better playing.. no.

Not once did I blame the community for the bugs if you read my post you could obviously see that I was pointing out the MS:C Developers, and I didn't insult Thothie ethier, I actually have alot of respect for the man, and ofcourse he can do a better job me dimwit, hes probably been coding for years. Please quote me where I said I could do a better job than Thothie.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
And our bugs are being worked out, too. Did you notice that little "Armor Bug" fix that he's working on? Excuse me while I give a rat's as* about whether YOU think that this mod is better than the previous version. If you notice, there are quite a few people here that think otherwise.

But half of you morons

You didn't blame us for the bugs, but you certainly were an asshole to those of us here. Perhaps you should be gracious that most of the people went off onto a tangent instead of tearing you a new one, which they really should have.

The fact that you came here and complained about these little nuances that we all have gotten used to is testament enough that you think someone could do a better job, and since you're being enough of a dick, I figured that you were just volunteering yourself.

NOW! As I already have the title of Forum Jerk, I have no problem continuing this, but if you want to give up and realize that you're a moron, well I'm game.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Myar...

Characters are getting deleted?

Am I missing something? I____I?

And btw Jebus, I was a former 1.35 player. It...to put it mildly...is bollocks compared to what we have now. Living in constant fear of your character being wiped without warning just by doing something as simple as putting on an armor or dropping a weapon is not fun. At least I can play MSC without being that paranoid hick I was who backed up his character every 30 minutes. :roll:

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Ugghhh 1.35 so buggy. Character deletion didn't really occur until last week. Asides from that it's quite rare.

As far as the mod goes HL1 engine is the biggest issue here. If you can offer any real insight/solutions on ways to fix it we are all ears. If you are just here to call people morons for playing that's nice and all but not all too helpful.