[REL]Jester Mace (mace replacement)

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:!: Update :!:
Updated handle to be skinnier upon request :p. Updated all models and even sprite and fixed hand skin. All info below updated.

Some of you might remember this from MS. I fixed up some parts and changed skins and now i'm releasing it for all to smash things with :p. You can probably guess where I got the inspiration to make this :)(hint: my name).
This zip includes the sprite and all working models.
http://www.thothie.com/public/Jester/JesterMace_1.zip
The sprite:
640_mace.jpg
In-game:
JesterMace.jpg
The in-game picture shows the first-person models in hand, the world model on the box and the third-person models(left + right hand) on the avatar.

LukeW

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh man, We need a level based on a creepy psychotic with trigged laughs and creepy stuff, lots of scares in a creepy estate, and the boss is a Joker style Jester guy that uses that and drops it!!!!

It just fits.

EDIT: Consider making the handle a bit... thinner? lol

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea :D.

The only reason I don't make the handle thinner is because I originally made it to look intimidating, like OMG that's gonna hurt, and it's supposed to go with bigger hands.

LukeW

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah it kinda looks like he's holding a rolling pin by the fat part. would not be ergonomic for swinging, lol

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Our oversight on our models, your oversight on your models. Simple concept.

But... he... copied... your model? :|

He didn't redo the hands - the defalt MS:C hand view model has the same "lepracy" flaw with the mace(s).

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea Thothie I just gave up on that argument. I didn't even feel like pointing out the obvious. But anyways, I fixed the flaw on MY version of THEIR model so it's all cool.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jester said:
I fixed the flaw on MY version of THEIR model so it's all cool.

How about YOU upload the fixed part of YOUR model to THEM so they can thank YOU instead of blaming YOU for duplicating THEIR mistakes? :p

Jester

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hah you are ridiculous with the caps :).

I think the better solution would be for them to hire me as a modeller/animator/etc since I already offered to help them with creating npcs as well :wink: . I guess we'll see which comes first and since I really don't know who I would send the model to anyway I guess it will be asking for the model or hiring me to model :p.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Jester said:
I fixed the flaw on MY version of THEIR model so it's all cool.

How about YOU upload the fixed part of YOUR model to THEM so they can thank YOU instead of blaming YOU for duplicating THEIR mistakes? :p

You're dodging the point. By him taking our model, and then altering it, it is no longer our model. Whatever mistakes existed in our model that he chose not to fix are no longer our mistakes, but rather his. It's like blaming valve for a model having crappy anims that is just using the ones from a Valve model: It doesn't make a lot of sense. Of course, you can always look at it as being entirely his model considering we were never even credited as having any part in the model at all. Then that would be coypright infringement aswell.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*snicker* Okaaay. :p

Microsoft lost a lawsuit on that basis three years ago, or rather, Dell won against Microsoft, when it tried to claim the same defense. Dell repackaged XP Home eddition for their computers. XP Home had a flaw in it that eventually made their recovery partitions unusable - meaning many users were not able to use the Dell recovery disk. M$ dragged their heals coming up with a service pack for this problem, so Dell had to write one up themselves. Dell sued Microsoft for providing faulty services after they refused to compensate them for their troubles out of court.

Microsoft's defense was, basically, 'you repackaged our software, so it's no longer our software.'

Judge sided with Dell, after Dell did their long song-and-dance routine proving that XP Home had this flaw, regardless of packaging.

Your model has a flaw regardless of repackaging, therefor if someone integrates your model into theirs to maintain consistency with your source material, you model is still the source of the problem.

Rather than blaming him, take his 'service pack' and integrate it into the system, and give him the side-credits he deserves. ;)

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
These two instances are not the same, and you know that...don't you?

Jester is not repackaging the mace, he is making an entirely new mace based on a model that was made by us. Just a tad bit of difference there.

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Except the issue was with the hands, not the weapon model. It looked like the hands had grey fingertips, and he said talk to the ms dev team about that. Because those are your untouched hand models holding his weapon model. Then you basically said, it's not our problem that our hand texture is weird, it's in a picture on our model, but there is a model in that picture that we didn't make. Gosh.