READ FIRST: KNOWN BUGS AND SOLUTIONS IN MS:C

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think it's a bug related to the things you carry. drop or sell some stuff and I'm pretty sure it will be just fine :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
In Deralia:
Code:
SV_StartSound: SOUND_STRUCK2 not precached(0)
SV_StartSound: SOUND_PAIN not precached(0)

Suspect script flaw in one of the npc's...

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
In Deralia, when you attack lord of the land, he attacks, but cant hit you, this classified as a bug?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
it could be related to the fact that they dont appear as "hostile" or "friendly"

there is just nothing under thier name o_O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
QUAZI-SOLUTION TO MAP TRANSITION BUG:

This is a client side work around, and many of you have already figured this out on your own:

If you are having an issue transitioning a team to a new map, pick one guy from among your crew to connect, and change maps, while the others stay disconnected and sit and refresh the server info until the map changes to where you are trying to go.

One player can pretty transition, more or less, without fail. Only with certain combinations of multiple players does the transition failure become constant.

I'm working on improving the AMX crash recovery program to ALWAYS restart the server on the intended map (rather than just sometimes) - to work around this.

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
lol i get ppl to do that too, and was just about to post, crush you!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This time, in Calruin:
Code:
SV_StartSound: SOUND_STRUCK2 not precached(0) 
SV_StartSound: SOUND_STRUCK1 not precached(0)
SV_StartSound: SOUND_STRUCK3 not precached(0)
Again, suspect defective script in monster - probably a skeleton. (This was caused in Challs by an old defective Tained Cadaver script)

Valdars

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My solution for transition bug-wait until transition saving is done before accepting.

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
for some reason when i try to download the update files i get a Forbidden page, and all the sites images DON'T want to show! wtf mate?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My solution for transition bug-wait until transition saving is done before accepting.

Dunno, I've had three guys just chit chatting at a transition for 10 minutes - all hit enter and crashido.

Tis odd again, on the other hand, that I can make transitions just fine about ten consecutive times, for instance, playin wid Cycho - and yet crash the server with every transition (about another ten consecutive times) - playing with Mario. Seems to have something to do with the character data or size.

As for the update site - seems to be up for me. :\
http://www.msremake.com/patches.php

Maybe ye caught it at a bad time... Toilet, or somethin...

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A few large bugs my friend and I have found:

One of my friends found "Bare hands" in his inventory after purchasing an orcish bow and quiver. They take up player hand space, but cannot be dropped. They also seem to use whatever model he was holding last, for example, I see him holding up his fists, but his view model is that of a bow (sometimes vice versa). Very confusing stuff.

Another, the cheapest armor (Torn Leather Vest I think is what it's called) caused memory failure crashes during map change.

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is already known, but the scimitar uses the katana weapon model. This leads me to wonder if the actual katana is even in the game currently (I've check vendors, but it could be in a treasure chest or something).

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i found out that you can move anything almost everywhere by selecting the item you want to move then pressing on the small sack or belt sheath or other item-containers. Bug!

Symbiode

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:

Dunno, I've had three guys just chit chatting at a transition for 10 minutes - all hit enter and crashido.

Tis odd again, on the other hand, that I can make transitions just fine about ten consecutive times, for instance, playin wid Cycho - and yet crash the server with every transition (about another ten consecutive times) - playing with Mario. Seems to have something to do with the character data or size.

As for the update site - seems to be up for me. :\
http://www.msremake.com/patches.php

Maybe ye caught it at a bad time... Toilet, or somethin...

He's talking about the greyed out characters after you change maps. Don't zone/change maps while the saving... or saving(transition) is displayed on the left side of the screen or else you have to quit out of the game and restart it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Never ran into that - I'm speaking of the server crashing on transition.

Scimitar model displays properly for me. Katana model = Elven Short sword.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
no it doestn
Project_scimitar1.jpg

thats a scimitar

this is a katana
katana-masamune-mura21.jpg

ScurvySam

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to bring a rather FRUSTRATING bug to your attention.

Whenever I use the special attack with the greater ice blade, the enemy gets frozen. Okay, so far so good. Now I take advantage of their frozen position by hacking away. If I kill them when they are frozen, that is when it gets borked. They simply just fade away, no corpse, no loot, no nothing. And the really bad part is if I am killing a boss or some other monster whose death triggers something in the map, it doesn't even register that they got killed!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah...i did that to calrain...he dies quite quickly to it...but i wouldn't mind the not-dropping-ness, since it is a reaaaly powerful thing, but not triggering map events is bad :\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, shoulda saw that coming... Part of the effort to fix the 'frozen statue' effect you get post mortem when the death anim can't finish playing.

I'll undo it in next month's release, but you'll get the statues peeps complained about before. Meanwhile, try not to iceblade to death anything too critical. ;)

If you do so on accident, remember the critter DOES still drop his loot, you'll just have to grab it real fast before he fades.

In anycase, fixed Nov 1st.

Mirsaad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was playing in edana and realized something rather important(though someone else might have noticed this already) in regards to items not going into their respective bags/sacks/books/sheaths.

When you hit Q to put something away, it always goes into the very first place it will fit. So with daggers and spells, if you have the small sack as the very first thing(next to player hands) when you go to inventory, they will be placed into the small sack, on the other hand, if you have the dagger sheath, then spellbook, then small sack, spells will always go into the book, daggers will go in their sheath and potions and the such will still go in their small sack. It works like this for every item. So my order to get every item into their respective location:

1) Dagger Sheath
2) Spellbook
3) Sword sheath
4) Weapon Strap
5) Small sack

The only real one is the sword strap in front of the weapon strap so swords wont go in there, and the dagger sheath and spell book ahead of the small sack so daggers and spell scrolls dont end up in that sack. Though, this isn't really important unless you're pretty obsessive about where your items go(I like everything neatly organized lol :wink: ). SO thats what I learned about placement of items.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Umm... So where's the bug?

You'll want to be sure to check out the WARNING about packs, if you orginizing stuff.

I should also warn you the small sack will take some things it's not supposed to (like Scroll Pages) as I can't control that pack from the script end (actually, I've not managed to figure out where it's defined in the code end either yet... weirdness...)

Personally, big sack + weapon strap + quiver of the archer + spellbook = I'm good to go... But yeah, I set it up this way a few revisions ago so people who want to can orginize.

People who don't want to orginize at all, can grab the Heavy Backpack - which holds just about anything.