READ FIRST: KNOWN BUGS AND SOLUTIONS IN MS:C

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I know, I was just letting him know because he said it was the other dll file that caused the listen server issue, when in fact this one causes it.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Could've sworn I made a thread concerning this error, but now I can't find it on the forums (weird, maybe I did post it, tell me if I did). Anyways I encounter a horrible error while hosting a listenserver game, it only became an entity (something existent) for me after I got the latest dev patches. I thought it'd go away if I had a fresh restart on my computer, but it didn't. If anything, it could've gotten worse, although I doubt it did, because it was still just as frequent as before I had restarted freshly.
Error Allocating New Memory Block
That is what it says, I also have a bunch of errors (all of which appeared after I got the latest dev patches) about debugging & stuff, and how it wants me to terminate my hl.exe application. Anyways, I hope this is fixed soon, or there is already a patch out for it.

I would just reinstall (I already have actually, but this concerns patching) and just not patch it with these dev patches, but then I'd have to deal with PK'ers & helena exploiters. So make a GOOD dev patch next, & SOON dudes ^^
(Also if possible, find what number I am, on the list of people who've reported this, I tried searching the forums for information on this but it wouldn't find anything).

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I still can't get the spider cave quest to work the first wave of little spiders is all that attack me

AmIAnnoyingNow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
On the spider quest, i have a theory that it breaks whenever the bigger spiders latch onto you. I've noticed that both the times it actually worked, i never had one latch onto me, but I'm not sure of this, can someone support/deny this?

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so I have to have a spider jump on my face to get the queen spider to drop down lol

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That hasent ever happend in the spider cave lol

Mine just doesn't work period because I only get attacked by one wave and thats all little spiders then nothing elts happens I thnik the spiders are geting stuck in the celling and thats why they second wave wont come =\

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok, in the first wave, all little spiders, one of them is half stuck in the wall. Kill all the ones that come after you, then go over to the entrance and hang a left. Look about 3 or 4 feet above eye level, and you should see a little spider stuck there. Kill it and the next wave will come. This time, one of the big spiders is half stuck in the wall. Kill all the ones coming after you, then go back to the entrance. Hang a right. There's one halfway along that wall about the same height as the small one. Kill it and the third wave will come (assuming none of the bigger ones humped your face in the previous wave). None of the spiders in this wave get stuck in the wall, but I find this wave to be the hardest to kill without getting your face sucked on. If you manage to get this wave dead without them raping your face, then the big spider will come. I don't know if it still gets stuck in the ceiling on the newest patch, but make sure you have a bow just in case. If there is an earthquake, but nothing comes, look straight up and you should see the big spider stuck up there.

Kotori_zero

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sc.dll fixes to date

Fixed chance to spawn certain higher level items
Modified the way riddle masters respond to player
Fixed Calrian's attack range
Fixed plains of daragoth
Fixed inability to take from daragoth chests
Unlinked basement and goblin chest
Fixed some speech issues in Deralia
Fixed some quests in edana
Fixed edanasewers
Fixed some gatecity script issues
Fixed some goblintown script issues
Fixed helena economy isue
Helena guards now respond to attacks
Fixed some mistakes in the help boxes
Fixed Heras quest
Fixed knight's armor
Modified mana potion costs
Modified erratic lightning
Fixed damage association error with some burning weapons
Modified glow spell
Fixed multiple keledros issues
Modified bandit exp
Modified animated armor's difficulty
Modified venomous spider's difficulty
Fixed some skeletons
Fixed the chests in mscave
Disabled bankers until a fix is found
Fixed sfor chest
Changed starting spell
Fixed some awkwardness with summoned monsters
Fixed the troll
Fixed the giant spider in the thornlands
Fixed summoned creatures spawning in walls
Sitting heals mana

Thats most of them.

i tried sfor again

but there didnt have a chest when i finished it

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
maybe it was moved?

edit: i was curious about the location, so i used ripent on the map... and i have no clue where the coordinates are, but it's a 100% spawn chance, could be a different one though

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
as it contains the DA and the ring, maybe they put it in a different, harder map? maybe in the mines but we cant go yet (as far as I know) I spent an hour searching for secrets but havent found any in sfor.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ehh...a couple times i did either -.9 damage or -.7 damage to orcs o_O

Also, the giant brown/black bear in heras gets stuck behind the block that is partially sunken into the ground (near that entrance to the dungeon)

this was on a listenserver with dev_g

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor wrote:
So make a GOOD dev patch next, & SOON dudes

I must say, this does annoy me. First of all, the only time there will be a "good" patch is when the official 1.01 update comes out for download. Second of all, as you even wrote, it is a dev patch, be happy you can update all the time at pretty much the same rate the developers do. We are trying hard to please and keep our players happy and comments like this don't help.

- Ewok

Brad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some people forgot that the devs are doing this VOLUNTARILY and not for money.

Of course, some people are just idiots.

Most of us, however, appreciate everything you guys do.

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Not to mention he's complaining about the fact that he has access to what amount to internal alpha builds, and they specifically say use at your own risk, and they happen to not necessarily fix things or be stable. What a shock! We have more access to what the devs are doing on a daily basis than I have ever seen in any other mod. Don't complain about it.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
sorry

Okay I found out the issue, I was trying hard to stay connected to the FN server (fuzz's). I can't do that anymore, i reinstalled everything & got the latest dev-patches, & yes I suppose I am grateful for getting these patches, and it still wouldn't work, so I disabled my connecting to Fuzz's central server & it works fine now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I shall probably noob fuzz asking him to allow me to host while connected to his server, I have a 200+ HP character on it :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
2 glitches

when you have a character in slot 1 and slot 2, and make a 3rd character, the female in the selection screen will have the equipment of the second character (the character does not spawn with that equipment)

when naming your character in game, you cant hit backspace, and if you hold it the game crashes

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My listen server always shuts down on the transition from deralia to daragoth. The game doesn't crash to desktop, but it disconnects me from the server I guess, putting me back on the main menu.

EDIT: It disconnects me after I select character, so I assume it occurs when the game attempts to spawn the character. The character is listed as being in transition from deralia to daragoth, so I tried just starting up the server in daragoth. Same deal, disconnect after character selection.

AmIAnnoyingNow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ive noticed most of the bugs i reported have been fixed except the skeleton experience bug, which is if you kill them with different weapons, itll give you experiance for all the weapons youve killed the with each time they "die." Just wanted to make sure this one wasnt missed.

When you stand above a skeleton on a slope, theyll slide when they attack and never hit you.

Ive tried the quest over and over, but ive never found any evidence in the mayors chest.

You have to hit "+use" on the doors in the inn of deralia

I found a hostile commoner in deralia, so i killed him and looted him and it said Gold -129 (or some value close to that)

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I killed the hostile commoner, got +89 gold or something. Just random, I guess it's to make you think before you go killing citizens in Deralia. To get the evidence, before you loot the chest you must talk to the mayor and tell him your name is suliban when he asks who you are. It seems to be random though, sometimes he'll direct you to the chest and sometimes he'll call the guards on you.

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think the debug error windows which popup with every mapchange should be fixed asap as it will allow servers to stay up 24/7 for the first time :p