• Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I don't think you know what I'm planning for next month :wink:

You probably think that I think that next month everybody will be like "omg wtf shit update" but that is actually not what I'm thinking.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think you think what I think you think your thinking.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
As far as I see it, having multiplayer online items are fine. If you're high level and would be able to solo your way to get them, if they were in single player, you can easily join a multiplayer game and do it even easier. The only reason it wouldn't be easier would be if some 'noob' was dying to a boss constantly. If so, tell them the problem and urge them to use better tactics, such as fleeing with low health or staying back. If they don't listen you could play with a friend, who is intelligent, and also solves the multiplayer problem. If you have no friends who play MS:C try recruiting some more, it's not too hard to convince your friends to play a game with you if you show them it's good. if your friends don't have HL, I'm sure they can afford $10 for HL that allows them to play hundreds of mods.

I solo on my own a fair bit, simply because I create a server and people don't join all the time. If I was super set on getting an item that was within my level range, I'd be willing to actively look for players on servers, ask a friend on MSN, or plan a time to play with a friend in advance.

The argument of should be able to solo it on my own doesn't follow with the trend of most MMORPGs. If you're playing WoW, you need to plan ahead with your guild/friends to do any of the difficult raids. It simply makes it a bigger and more exciting event if you get friends involved and plan it ahead of time. My friends and I are always excited for the next month because of the patches, and so we plan what dates to play together.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, having J-M conspiring to cheat in this game is nothing new, tis been going on since MS 1.3, only the methodology has changed. That bit of ongoing frustration tempts me to bail on the project more than anything, and it has also slowed down my work on the project more than anything, as I've had to dedicate so much of my time to tracking down his methods. I certainly don't blame Gaz. Lost Jester and Steven left, citing him for the same reasons: just sick of that crap.

Sadly, I don't have the time to go through every chest before the end of the evening, so as I said, this system will be "creeping" in, you'll see shadows of it this month in:
- skycastle
- foutpost
- thornlands
- nightmare_thornlands
- ms_snow
- foutpost
- the_keep
- ms_wicardoven
- bloodrose

Maybe a few bits here and there in other scattered chests I kinda randomly picked up. But if yer on those maps, expect rewards to multiply dramatically based on the number of players over certain level requirements. If you have enough players, you can expect to see epic items in locations you wouldn't normally expect them.

The Artifact Chest system works, and it's kinda nifty, but I've also figured it’s a pain to employ. In some cases, I've favored a simpler system that I've managed to work out, namely: only stock rare items if a player with enough HP opens the chest. For the chests that work like this, it means it's still a matter of whoever gets there first - but the chest will only stock the high end items if someone worthy clicks on it, so nubs still won't be able to steal from vets. (Thankfully I've figured a way to stock items based on who clicks on the chest, before it offers them its inventory.)

If ya hit ms_snow you can get a good feeling as how both systems work, as the morc chest uses the Artifact method, while the ice queen chest uses the worthy-player-clicked-on-me method.

By next month all the chests should be over to the new system.

wip_changelog_JUN2007 said:
- Anti-Whore(/ninja/pirate/cannibal/viking) -
• Switched gold bags to spawn by x#bags/player present
• Gold is split into multiple tiles base on players present*
• Gold multiplies based on #players presnet*
• Increased rewards for multiple players*
• Increased spawn chance of rares by # of players present*
• On some chests, if there more than a certain # of "worthy" players present, extra random items will appear
• "random bolts" chances increase based on # of players present
• Some rewards exclusive to multi-player games
• Chests can only be opened by the same player once every two seconds
• Some items require a player with certain attributes to appear in chests
- Meaning, if yer a nub, let the vets get the first pick, and maybe something better will be in there
• Artifiact Chests appear and determine most worthy players for some high end items
* = only some chests in some areas, to be applied to all chests in the future

In case there's some confusion as to what I mean by "gold tiles":
gold.gif
You'll likely never see them quite like this. Generally you'll just get gold pouches of one size, all stacked on one another, the number of which will vary with the number and power of players present. There's an hp requisit for these packages to cut down on PL, but it's kind.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Unlimited cash plus pots? Not to mention you've still not been totally honest with me about some of the boss exploits. I really suspect this whole protest is really about you being upset that you'll benefit from exploits less, lest you allow yourself to be seen doing it.

You've not come that far from the days when you were using Art Money and refusing to stop distributing the largest cheat map collection of all time. Until recently, I thought otherwise.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Unlimited cash plus pots? Not to mention you've still not been totally honest with me about some of the boss exploits. I really suspect this whole protest is basically your being upset that you'll benefit from exploits less, lest you allow yourself to be seen doing it.
Oh wait, I thought you said "conspiring". I must have misread that, sorry.

1) Limited cash (check my character if you don't believe me).
2) Results in limited potions.
3) I've told you my exact how-to-solo-the-bandit-bosses-and-Maldora strategy (if I ever find a new strategy in the future, there's not a chance in hell I will ever tell you, but hey, we're talking about the present, so I've told you everything).
4) No.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I have your character in my third lan slot - it's one of two I use for level 40 base-lines. Your cash is limited in the same way the number of stars in the universe is limited. (TBH, in this archive, it comes to about the same number as stars in the galaxy, actually.)

You have been using other exploits, because a) the "strategies" you explain do not explain the results in some cases and b) you've not been checking the local smurf's IDs.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You have been using other exploits, because a) the "strategies" you explain do not explain the results in some cases
What strategy or "exploit" as you hastily call it of mine do you wish to know about? Me and Jelly beating Atholo in 3:33? Greater protection, immunity to fire, immunity to cold, crystals of relocation, golden axes. That way it took us 3:33 but I already told you that.
Next to that I don't even think I have any particular strategy for any particular boss, but please, keep on making stuff up.

and b) you've not been checking the local smurf's IDs.
I don't understand what you mean here.

And finally: I never knew there were only 700,000 stars in this galaxy. I thought it were way more.

Edit: There are an estimated 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy. I don't have nearly that much gold. Not by a long shot.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If I here any more about people going in game as names other than their own, I'm going to find someone to write an AMX plugin that exposes them for who they are. >_>

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
A few days we made a RiP party and farmed the_keep. We were like 4 players, and, with good timing we killed xaron in like 5 or 4 minutes, and that was without JM's tactic.

JM's tactic makes sense, I belive hes not lying.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah like FER said. Four people from RiP annihilated the bow boss in around a minute with NO pots, just ice shields and skill.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Guys.. It took about a minute.. You're making us sound bad o_O

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lol if they think we sound bad they can watch the maldora demo.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That was actually nice to see for a change. He's vulnerable to a few things he should not be (should be immune to all magics - but tis a large array to cover) - but should still be vulnerable to a good gang bang like that.

Actually one thing I'd forgotten is that a lot of these chests I've been editing already required multiple players. I'm just editing the chests on Bloodrose now, for instance, and all the high end items there already required multiple players to spawn (I'd forgotten). I'm actually reducing the number of players required by this edit, in this case, but adding an hp requirement to count players.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Total Support

I don't post on forums at all. But between me and a friend who just started playing no less than a week ago we have come to a great conclusion.

Thothie, you kick ass and I'm glad you have somehow managed to stray from the path of "You guys are whining, let me leave" (No offense to the people who have left, i know the feeling and we are all human)

Mate, you do whatever you feel is right to the mod you code/script/organize/ etc. because it is infact in my eyes, your (the development team) mod. If you are all on a consensus in this, then put it in.

There will still be people that are playing because they enjoy the game, regardless of what other people think of it and that is why some of us are still here regardless of what you guys do. If you continue to put out new things and make us interact in different ways, then we shall play. You will always have at least 2 people playing this mod.

Keep kicking a bunch of arse mate.

~Lord-Thraxis and co.~

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I had gotten a Salamander Vest, Stability Helm, and rune blade solo on bloodrose.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Total Support

Thraxis said:
I don't post on forums at all. But between me and a friend who just started playing no less than a week ago we have come to a great conclusion.

Thothie, you kick ass and I'm glad you have somehow managed to stray from the path of "You guys are whining, let me leave" (No offense to the people who have left, i know the feeling and we are all human)

Mate, you do whatever you feel is right to the mod you code/script/organize/ etc. because it is infact in my eyes, your (the development team) mod. If you are all on a consensus in this, then put it in.

There will still be people that are playing because they enjoy the game, regardless of what other people think of it and that is why some of us are still here regardless of what you guys do. If you continue to put out new things and make us interact in different ways, then we shall play. You will always have at least 2 people playing this mod.

Keep kicking a bunch of arse mate.

~Lord-Thraxis and co.~

Mint, mouthwash, toothbrush, or all three? (If you don't get this, don't bother responding.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
old code:
Code:
if game.players > 2
if ( $rand(1,100) >= 95 ) addstoreitem STORENAME [green rune sword script name ommited] 1 0
Must have been someone else around when you got started on it, or it be buggard. :\

new code:
Code:
		callevent get_chance 5 20 75 500 //<single_player%> <%chance_per_player> [max_chance] [hp_req] - returns GIVE_PRIZE
		if ( GIVE_PRIZE ) addstoreitem STORENAME [greenscriptname] 1 0
Meaning, 20% chance/player up to 75% chance. 5% chance if only one player on.

And finally: I never knew there were only 700,000 stars in this galaxy. I thought it were way more.

Edit: There are an estimated 100,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy. I don't have nearly that much gold.

cheater_jm.gif
My bad, I was under the impression there were only 500 million stars in the galaxy. Comes from learning astronomy from Carl Sagan as a child, I suppose.