• Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
"Mint, mouthwash, toothbrush, or all three? (If you don't get this, don't bother responding.)"

I can completely understand where this is coming from. Sorry if I seem to kiss ass, but honestly, I don't care where Thothie takes this mod. After playing back in 1.1 - 1.3 and waiting for updates for months, then coming back after a year or so of not playing HL because of cd key not registering with steam correctly. MS:C compared to the original is a godsend. I feel that the devs are kicking ass, and whatever they want to do is in their opinion the best for the community and the interaction of people in said community.

I remember how bored I used to be on the same maps day in and day out for 6 - 8 months, slaying monsters with the same weapons. Being up at 700 or so health by beating the crap out of Helena when it crashed 99.9% of the time, calruns, etc.

So excuse me for enjoying what they've done to this mod. Excuse me for agreeing with where they are taking it. And worst of all excuse me if I feel they should be honored for the work they've put into this, FOR FREE, when not many others have stepped up to actually contribute and just ruin the dev's delight by fighting back.

It's okay to have an opinon, but if you want something done, join the team and contribute.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thraxis said:
It's okay to have an opinon, but if you want something done, join the team and contribute.

I do contribute a bit and I have the code to do some work if I can find the brain capacity to look at it longer than 2 minutes at a time. It's ok to have an opinion about what other people should do, but don't spout it without knowing more about the situation.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
cheater_jm.gif
My bad, I was under the impression there were only 500 million stars in the galaxy. Comes from learning astronomy from Carl Sagan as a child, I suppose.
For a second there I really thought that was an old version of my character. But I just remembered that the highest amount of gold I have ever had is 10,000,000+. You are trying to ****ing frame me here with this 500,000,000 nonsense.

Well go ahead, but be a man, and really give me that much gold then. I know you can add as much gold to a character as you want in that walltest (developer) map of yours, but I can't believe you'd try to frame me like this.

I know people will believe you and say "Damn, that J-M dude has half a billion in cash!" and that's only because you are Thothie. For the last ****ing time: I have never exceeded roughly 10,000,000 golden coins. Ever.

msc_jm.gif

And for those of you who still don't believe me:
My STEAM_ID is STEAM_0:0:1651318. Now go ahead and download one of my FuzNet characters. It doesn't matter which one you pick, because you will find that if you pick the recent one, I have approximately 660,000 gold, and if you pick any other char, you will find that I have never exceeded roughly 10,000,000 gold. I dare you, do it, and see who's lying.

Thothie: **** you for trying to frame me like this.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I just downloaded and loaded up my character from January 1st, 2007.
The character has 9,824,127 gold. Load it up if you don't believe me.

And Shurik3n, this isn't about player kills, this is about Thothie adding half a billion gold to my character through his developer tools so he can try to frame me. Wow, you've just sunk to the level of Kokris, Thothie.

Do you have an actual explanation for this other than "I hate J-M v2.5.5 and I am trying to frame him"?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well maybe he had you confused with somebody else. He has said in the past there are people with over 1 billion, perhaps he saw 10104000 and read it as 1010040000 or some such, I dunno... Maybe he had you confused as one of those people but he didn't have any screens of you with a billion so he decided to recreate one I guess. I dunno, I'm just guessing here, I probably should just wait to see what he has to say.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, it comes down to this. One of you is lying/wrong about the amount of cash that J-M has. However, in a game where things like this:

Shurik3n said:
My slot 3 character has the same learned tomes as my slot 1. He can do volcano with only 13 SC :? .

Thothie said:
That's just... Weird. Must have somehow loaded both characters partially. :/

happen frequently, I would put my money on Thothie's pictures coming from some odd char loading going on, whether it be a take-over by money from another slot or some crazy additive thing between all 3 chars. We know that at least one of his test chars is cheated, so I'd say there's a good possibility it has some cash, especially after testing money bags and such.