please do something bout this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Step 1) you get looted - NO SHIT!
Step 2) do you ask for the item back? (yes/no) - no chance he left as soon as i got looted as stated before!
Step 3) you then proceed to complain on the forum that the person who looted you should be deleted and banned from all servers. (they stole a single item from you, so they should obviously never be able to play MSC with other people) - wrong just that his character be deleted as a consiquence, not banned.
Step 4) thothie/fuzzy offers to rollback your character - yes, but sometimes gained experience afterwards is more important to one, more than an item...
Step 5) you say you dont want a rollback, so you obviously dont care about the item you lost...so...whats the point of this thread again? - same awnser as step 4...

and your right it may not be a bug for PVP play but not for non-pvp servers... and it obviously wasnt a PvP map...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually it's a bug the original devs were trying to defeat back in 1.3

Thought I beat it, but guess not - I would like it so it could be toggled on in PVP mode, but I'd rather have it gone altogether, than have it showing up in non-PVP.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
evilsquirrel said:
ceriux said:
WoW, ur all cock bags... wonder how a lower level isnt supposed to die when a boulder randomly hits him in the face... anyways i guess i wont be playing with you guys... or having an open server if i ever get steam working correctly again... so **** ya'll thothie if u need ne help on the mod that i can still assist you with go head n ask ill still be around the forums.

its called knowing your characters limits and not trying to kill things that are far beyond its capabilities - that, and dodging.
Dude, Squirrel, you're just talking **** now. In a non-PVP server, items should not be stolen, regardless if the game allows it or not.

Yesterday I was playing orcplace2_beta with Fuzzy, Kokris, Krayman and The and suddenly I had to go AFK. I figured I'd sit down in the pool, assuming my regeneration rate would be bigger than the drown damage.

Apparently I died three times, and somebody (I'm not sure who) took the opportunity to steal my spellbook containing all nineteen spells. Fortunately, Fuzzy rolled back my character.

But still, if I find out who did it, he/she is going to be in deep ****.

Looting is gay, get over that. If everybody hates it and you're the only one to come up with reasons why we shouldn't b*tch about it, then something is wrong with you, Squirrel.
I know how we can find out who did it :p Get their Steam ID's, download the FN characters And test them, in client side, the dude that has your spell book is the looter. :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Looting should NEVER be taken from a PvP server. If I kill someone, I deserve to take something. Perhaps Thothie can rig it up something to where only the person who killed you can get an item, but I am really sick of all this bitching about getting looted. As Squirrel said, you should KNOW your limits and KNOW when to run and heal and such. Of course, there's one other way to avoid death, but it's really an exploit. (No, I don't use it.)

I'll be more sympathetic if you get something of value stolen, like J-M's book. But maybe instead of deleting a character (because I am REALLY on the side of looting being ok) you could just roll them back before they stole it, if it's that much of a problem -.- . But, I really think looting should stay in, bug or not.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Actually it's a bug the original devs were trying to defeat back in 1.3
zing.gif
we have a winner.

Did you read this, Squirrel?

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Look we know it's a bug, we know it needs to be fixed and with a bit of luck in the future it will be.

But that is enough arguing children.

Status
Not open for further replies.