Pack&Sheath Vote of Deja Vu

Fix the packs as shown...

• Jes! No more char delete just cuz I'm a pot whore!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! Random character deletion is the spice of life!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, one of things I've managed to do recently was re-enable the item limit on sheaths and packs. This goes into the category of things that are bugged, but in a nice way, so I want to run my idea past you.

There has to be SOME sort of limit on Packs and Sheath contents to stop the massive deletes through inventory over-stuffing we tend to get so much. (I don't see me fixing the 4k character limit anytime soon - but it wouldn't even be an issue, if the pack/sheath system worked right.)

So... Here's what I'm thinking:

- Regular Sheaths: 1 weapon of a type ea
- Snakeskin sheaths: 4 weapons of a type (add snakeskin sheaths for each weapon type)
- Weapon Strap: 16 weapons of any type
- Big Sack: 32 Items (stacks = 1 item ea)
- Heavy Back Pack: 32 Items or Weapons (stacks = 1 item ea)
- Small Sack: 8 Items (stacks = 1 item ea)
- Quiver of Arrows: 8 arrow stacks
- Quiver of Bolts: 8 bolt stacks
- Quiver of the Archer: 16 arrow types, bolt types, or weapons (stacks = 1 item ea)
- Spellbook: 32 scrolls (there are currently 21 types)
- Allow players to wear up to 8 belt sheaths (also 2 back sheath/packs, as currently allowed)
- Reduce all sheath/pack weights to 1lb

This *should* allow you to wear everything you are carrying now, and then some. If you are a Backpack or Weapon Strap user, you'll probably be totally unaffected. It also has the benefit of being a little closer to realistic/intuitive, aside from the snakeskin stuff.

If you wore a Backpack, Big Sack, and eight Snakeskin sheaths, and some extra spell books, you *might* be able to overload your character still - but you'd have to be really trying hard, I suspect.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the bank working, but it may not be as easy as I first hoped. (Doesn't seem to use quite the same interface as the packs do)

One bad thing about this: I will make a very loud sticky/announcement if we decide to do this, and hopefully everyone will have their inventory arranged by December 1st. Cuz if your inventory is not fixed by the next patch, it could get ugly.

IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER SUGGETION PLEASE POST IT UP - I'm more than open to other idears here.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Perhaps you can have something set up to where if they have more than the allowed amount of items, it force drops some potions, or something like that. I think people would prefer to have some items lost than have their chars unusable.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Chars would still be usable, regardless of how insane their inventory was... Items in excess of each limit would just be lost... So, yeah, basically what you said already - save the extra items go to never-never land. :\

I dunno if I could figure something out so the excess items would spawn around the character... I suspect they fall at 0x0x0 - but the new 0x0x0 sploit fix would sweep them away. ><

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Obviously, send them to 1x1x1 :p

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...I don't see us getting 10 no-votes to counter the current trend by the time this poll expires, so I'll write up the warning announcement now.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
8 belt sheaths seem like a bit much...

Other than that, I can't complain, maybe you can equip a bolt quiver in the place of a belt sheath? It would make sense, crossbow bolts are almost always smaller than arrows - small enough that you can have a belt holster for them.

Oh, and if possible, make it so you have a "universal" back slot, say, a 3 item limit, of bows, shields and back sheaths, possibly even quivers and backpacks as well, always annoying to have to manually put my longbow into my backpack cause I'm wearing a shield, but if you don't want to do that, I'll understand and just have to take the extra 3 seconds every time.

EDIT: And don't expect me to be asking for a roll-back on my char, I always keep 1 sword in my sword sheath, 1 dagger in my dagger sheath and 1 mace in my holster... Sometimes an axe AND a mace in there, but I don't exactly have a decent axe at the moment.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
8 belt sheaths seem like a bit much...
Went for eight belt slots so player could have multiples of the same sheath. You don't have to wear eight sheaths, of course. ;)

Other than that, I can't complain, maybe you can equip a bolt quiver in the place of a belt sheath? It would make sense, crossbow bolts are almost always smaller than arrows - small enough that you can have a belt holster for them.
Could make a belt based bolt quiver... Or just move the bolt quiver to the belt, since I don't think it's actually in game atm. Then again... I think the model would still go to the back though, due to the way it's oriented.

Oh, and if possible, make it so you have a "universal" back slot, say, a 3 item limit, of bows, shields and back sheaths, possibly even quivers and backpacks as well, always annoying to have to manually put my longbow into my backpack cause I'm wearing a shield, but if you don't want to do that, I'll understand and just have to take the extra 3 seconds every time.
It's already 2 items... IIRC I didn't go for 3, as it caused some sort of wear model conflict when you wore three things on your back, but it's been awhile and my memory is fuzzy, so I'll take another shot at it.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Nice... 3 items is perfect for me, shield, backpack and bow - don't need a quiver cause i only train archery for the stats, never use it as a main attack ability, right now i'm using blunt and daggers (boneblade is awesome, i'm practically invincible using it with ice shield against any non-boss mob, as for blunt I only have a warhammer... from what I can tell it's basically calrian's mace only 2 handed, and a higher to-hit requirement)... Can't wait for this patch, it'll certainly help sort my inventory if nothing else.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Strange, I didn't even get to vote... yet it shows me the polling results as though I have, and doesn't show a place to allow me to vote. I would scream "YES" to this, but only if it would increase back items to 3 :D

I would love it if I could carry the quiver, bow, AND runeshield on my back....
(Unless you can get the runeshield to strap onto the side of our arm's... give it a new resting place)

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so a weapon strap can carry up to 16 weapons, regardless of what they are? why would anyone want any sheath or anything with that? not that i mind.. i need somewhere to put a maul and mace together XD

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Idea being you can, instead of sorting your weapons into 4 different sheaths, have them all in a single sheath, and keep your other items in say, for instance, a big sack.