Original Half Life coding - ESF

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For those of you who believe I don't know anything about coding, I present a few videos. These are for the mod Earth's Special Forces (DBZ mod, sucks, but its what I was good at.) I didn't create the VGUI, however that shouldn't be what you focus in on in the video. What you mainly will see is what I made (the transformation.) For those who think, "So what, you still don't suck at source!", the source SDK is a lot different to me, and I'm still not quite comfortable with it.

I figure I'd post this so I can at least show I was good at some form of scripting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QDZTrj4r0v4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r2fC2cb7xcU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2R_CSvw794o

Sorry about the quality.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Kay... So what exactly did you make here? Just some effect...? I don't think that has anything to do with the grand scale of things required for MS:S.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
PCjoe and harSens did the coding of ESF. Unless you are either one of them, and I know you are not, I don't believe you did any real coding. Unless of course you mean you had a hand in butchering EVM.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I helped code for ECX, which is an addon for ESF.

They have a basic prog which creates a sound, model, sprite, and class file. These are EMPTY. unless you know something about coding, the prog is useless.. all it really does is compile the character for you.

I know it's nowhere near what I need for MS:S, but I figure I'd show what I have done.

And shuriken, its a bit more than just "an effect." You have to time everything right, get the models to show, you have to make sure you have the right sprite settings so it shows transparent, etc.

Also, if I had no part in it, how would I have videos showing how it progressed? :wink:

Vlad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OMFG x3000 BATMAN!

I didn't know you were THAT Rilez!

I thought you were, But I just wasn't sure to be exact; And I thought about asking too. This guy is a pretty kick as coder if you ask me, I downloaded a lot of his character packs and put 'em on my ECX server; And I was there right about the time he got pissed and left the ECX community too. I thought it was something to do with that Broly SSJ4 or something.

Rilez man, Why'd you leave ECX?

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Is his shit really that good?

I might have to try this game out.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
heh, good to see someone who enjoyed my stuff. :p

mostly it was because of a few people that really disliked me and said I stole models and code (black lotus and I made the model and the code on the spot, but whatever)

Just decided the best thing to do was to leave. I still make stuff for my friends though. And occasionally I go on the forums, just to check out things people are making.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I really can't help but notice that the people who control the EVM/ECX/whatever-they-call-it-now are god damn retarded. The whole hey-lol-we-release-a-clientside-install-only-while-we-host-three-servers thing is so lame, it pisses me off.

I really hope you're not a part of the team responsible for failures like that, Rilez. Tell whoever is controlling the betas and releases to go fuck themselves.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I really can't help but notice that the people who control the EVM/ECX/whatever-they-call-it-now are god damn retarded. The whole hey-lol-we-release-a-clientside-install-only-while-we-host-three-servers thing is so lame, it pisses me off.

I really hope you're not a part of the team responsible for failures like that, Rilez. Tell whoever is controlling the betas and releases to go **** themselves.

Why do you think I quit?

I wasn't ever part of the official team, I just made addons on the side for fun.