..ouch

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
how do we know if our sent weapon models get approved?

Still working on ways to get around the item limit so gotta be *somewhat* picky about new weapons, but just about anything you submit could get implemented eventually... The more complete the weapon is, the quicker it gets in.

If you don't put up a .mdl file, with at least a view and player model, it won't get in, I can tell you that right now.

The holy-axe thingie (ie. cross through a stick) thing you sent me has no wear, nor left and right hand models. Take a look at the models/weapons/axes/p_axes.mdl and note that each axe has 4 submodels on that list that make up the world, left and right hand, and wear models. We have a "golden axe" I as hoping to release as a new holy axe soon - but it doesn't look quite as elaborate as that (it's basically just a gold-chrome great axe).

Could use a sword like that. We've a volcano blade, but it's one handed. Could make a two handed fire blade of some sort out of that.

I dunno what the issue is with putting items into the new hand models (the ones with the full torso and sleaves). It'd be nice if someone who knew how could write up a brief tutorial for all the poor modelers here who can't seem to figure it out.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of the volcano blade?

EDIT: It would be REALLY good if someone explains the basics of compiling.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of the volcano blade?

EDIT: It would be REALLY good if someone explains the basics of compiling.

Thothie said:
each axe has 4 submodels on that list that make up the world, left and right hand, and wear models.

How do i make submodels? :?:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
decompile the p_swords.mdl and look at the .qc file. you will see how different reference.smd files make up the different sub models.

as for the volcano blade. again, take a look at the p_swords.mdl and look at the last 4 submodels or look at your (if you have it) darksword_rview.mdl

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea why new view models had the eye position on the shoulders (what Thothie said in previous post)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
that was the base name that isnt changed because I didnt know what to call it. so the file is darksword but its the volcano blade

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
thothie always seems to do great screen shots

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I like the idea of taking FER's blade, and making it a two handed variant of the Volcano Blade (maybe, the incredibly predictable 'greater volcano blade') - maybe with more damage, and more volcano casts per session, to make up for your lack of ability to use a shield with it. He's gotta figure out how to make a player model for it though (or trick someone into doing it for him.)

Come to think of it (somewhat OT), I'm not even sure how you beat Venevus without a shield - lest there's something to hide behind in his room.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
*raises hand*

can i make a volcano blade? :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
What am I going to do with 4 volcano blades? :oops:

If you could finish up that elven model, that'd be great, we really need it before Bloodrose's release.

lightning_mage.gifelfskin_onmodel.gif
I think these two are potentials for elves (warrior, and mage, respectively - add ears, do away with shazzam symbol on chest).

Those two models can be downloaded here:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev1/top_two_potentials.rar

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
And of course, you'll have to run them by me so I can set them up with animations proper for npcs.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah...about that...

i noticed that theres actually a mercenary elf that spawns 40% of the time in bloodrose, by the old thornlands entrance...its disabled at the moment, due to having no script/model. thought ya oughta know about that for future map updates...

another fun fact about bloodrose...yesterday i had the most time out of any day this weekend to work on it but i did nearly nothing :|

ah well, i've finally got my ideas straight for the final boss chamber, just one more thing to work out on it, and that might not be as big of an issue as i'm thinking - we'll see...

[point of the story is: bloodrose has 2-3 elves, the mercenary one, findlebind, and "myserious elf doing absolutely nothing on mountains next to large oddly shaped rock".]

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i finally made the blade using the longsword animation. i think i already sent it to you thothie. Only problem is the screwed player view you mention but i guess orochi can fix it.

novablade.gif

EDIT:post if you didnt recieve it Thothie :p

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
elf needs a skin, thats about it. :/

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
FER said:
here is a preview of avimander:

Well, is this a weapon, a monster or both? :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
EEEEEeeewwwwwwwwww! (quoting sentiment of alien behind me) ;)

elf needs a skin, thats about it. :/
I dunno if you can figure how to UV wrap one of the skins in those models to it.