NerfLog 1.0

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
- The greater ice blade used to be a good weapon. Now it requires 10 mana for the ice encasement charge, causing the weapon to be completely overshadowed by its "bigger brother", the hoarfrost shard.
- The dark sword now requires mana, the sixth charge was removed, and the damage was reduced a bit. It got nerfed because it was supposedly way too powerful, but the people who nerfed it never realized that it actually takes time to charge the weapon.
- The bBlood drinker no longer heals you when you hit undead/unholy creatures. You'd say this is logical, but it's a DARK weapon, so why can't it heal you when you hit undead/unholy? Also, sources tell me that the regeneration rate will be reduced in the next patch.
- When the golden axe was first put in-game, people started acquiring it. Because MS:C and logic do not combine, and because, therefore, weapons are not supposed to be acquired, every golden axe was 'cursed'. Golden axes now break, requiring you to go on a painful, boring quest to fix them.
- The lightning rod third charge no longer auto-aims. Given the fact that most monsters in the game have garbage hitboxes, this is a disgrace.
- The phoenix armor used to give back HP every time you got damaged by fire magic. Then the HP regeneration rate got nerfed, and now it gives back mana instead. Talk about a double-nerf.
- The bone blade heal rate got severely reduced. I recall it being two or three times as good when it was first in-game.
- The demon claws soul drain attack is no longer ranged and the damage is now 3*(mana/2) rather than 2*mana. A lot of people thought that the change in damage calculation was a good thing, but anybody with even half a brain knows that 3*(mana/2) = 1.5*mana, which is LESS than 2*mana.
- The lightning storm mana drain rate and damage are now not as good as they were before. Back in the days, the lightning storm was a potent spell. Now it's just garbage.
- Chain lightning barely hits nowadays.
- Healing circles can no longer stack, yet monsters CAN stack their death circles, for examples.
- Rejuvenation no longer passively heals for a short time, and rejuvenation can't stack either anymore.
- Blizzard spawn location got nerfed (keledrosprelude2 -> keledrosruins).
- Torkalath blade spawn location got nerfed (mscave -> highlands_msc).
- Rune shield spawn location got nerfed (mscave -> ms_snow).
- Demon claws spawn location got nerfed (demontemple -> skycastle).
- Calrian, the Ice Lord and Keledros have all been made more resistant to holy damage just because high-level players (who don't even bother with these bosses anymore) got way too strong for them.
- Atholo gained passive HP regeneration.
- Just about everything in Lodagond got nerfed. It's so bad, I can't even describe it. Instead, I'll link to J-M's Lodagond chart.
- The demon blood + vampire blood stack got destroyed.
- Some weapons now use unrealistically high amounts of stamina (such as the dark maul), and this wasn't the case before.
- The aluhandra2 final reward got nerfed drastically.
- The XP in old_helena got HALVED for no good reason at all.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
good list of nerfs, although id remove the parts where you gave away item locations. i didnt read it all but good for reference.

edit: also... im pretty sure this IS related to ms:c which im sure that means this goes in the general discussion thread.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
There is really no point to this except to troll. :roll:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
how so? its another form of keeping track of data in the game? these same nerfs are listed in the patch notes , whats wrong with organzing them in a place for people who are looking for better gear, or maybe for returning players so they know the changes in equipment they may even have on them. know what i think, i think people bitch too much. about stupid things. who cares if the person who posted the information had a reasoning behind it that he didnt like the nerfs. maybe other people wont like them either and might avoid those items now? i think everyone with their "negative" comments should stfu as im told to do politely very often when i post here.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tradion said:
- The greater ice blade used to be a good weapon. Now it requires 10 mana for the ice encasement charge, causing the weapon to be completely overshadowed by its "bigger brother", the hoarfrost shard.
So, adding a better weapon is a nerf, good to know, don't add better weapons or Team-Whine will do what they do best - whine.

In anycase, the old system was leading to some really nasty exploits. 5-10 Mana to hold a creature in place and helpless for 5-10 seconds, without the need to draw a spell, is not too much to ask.

- The dark sword now requires mana, the sixth charge was removed, and the damage was reduced a bit. It got nerfed because it was supposedly way too powerful, but the people who nerfed it never realized that it actually takes time to charge the weapon.
Sixth charge was not removed by me, if at all (although, IIRC, there was an additional charge in there that did nothing but delay reaching the max charge). The charge time for the weapon has not changed - in fact, you can't change the time it takes to charge weapons. But yes, the damage was nerfed, when it became the one-and-only weapon ever used against anything with more than a smidgen of HP, or any sort of resistance.

- The bBlood drinker no longer heals you when you hit undead/unholy creatures. You'd say this is logical, but it's a DARK weapon, so why can't it heal you when you hit undead/unholy? Also, sources tell me that the regeneration rate will be reduced in the next patch.
Undead creatures are not supposed to be affected by vampiric weapons, for the same reason that all other games have that same feature - undead have no life force to drain. The regeneration rate has not changed.

You're neglecting to mention the nerf that you can no longer punch while the BD is in flight, but this was an effort to reduce the chance of the weapon mysteriously vanishing.

- When the golden axe was first put in-game, people started acquiring it. Because MS:C and logic do not combine, and because, therefore, weapons are not supposed to be acquired, every golden axe was 'cursed'. Golden axes now break, requiring you to go on a painful, boring quest to fix them.
75% of the active characters in the game had the golden axe within two days of its instillation, and this thing can slaughter any but the mightiest of undead in a single blow. Did not predict the ease of which it would be acquired (or that someone would spill the acquisition method in the forums on the first day). Figured, midas well make a use for all that gold that all the various exploits have flooded the economy with.

The cost will be reduced if/when we have an economy reset.

- The lightning rod third charge no longer auto-aims. Given the fact that most monsters in the game have garbage hitboxes, this is a disgrace.

People complained that the weapon was useless in the presence of other players, as it would always auto-lock on the nearest target, regardless of where you were actually aiming, or the friendliness of the target. The damage has been increased, and the mana drain reduced,

- The phoenix armor used to give back HP every time you got damaged by fire magic. Then the HP regeneration rate got nerfed, and now it gives back mana instead. Talk about a double-nerf.
Which made you not only absolutely invulnerable to fire, but to any creature using a fire effect, killing the half-dozen fire-based map concepts various mappers were looking into making. The introduction of PA cost us at least six maps, probably more.

- The bone blade heal rate got severely reduced. I recall it being two or three times as good when it was first in-game.
Which rendered you invulnerable to all but the mightiest of bosses. It's also a lot easier to get than it was when it was first introduced.

- The demon claws soul drain attack is no longer ranged and the damage is now 3*(mana/2) rather than 2*mana. A lot of people thought that the change in damage calculation was a good thing, but anybody with even half a brain knows that 3*(mana/2) = 1.5*mana, which is LESS than 2*mana.
It does 3*mana used. It never did 2*mana, but now it never drains all your mana in a single blow. It also no longer drains mana when you miss nor when you inadvertantly hit a player. The range hasn't changed, but for the same reason as the lrod, it no longer auto-aims. It also now does Dark damage instead of Piercing (which all undead were resistant to.)

- The lightning storm mana drain rate and damage are now not as good as they were before. Back in the days, the lightning storm was a potent spell. Now it's just garbage.
Lightning storm used to cost a lot more mana, couldn't be sustained for nearly as long, and failed to pass XP... The old method also crashed servers a hell of a lot. However, there does seem to be some sort of bug in regards to how the lightning storm is acquiring targets. You are neglecting to mention the additional nerf: Lightning storm used to cause monsters to wander randomly for brief periods, simulating disorientation. This often broke the AI though, especially on bosses. In the next patch, Lightning storm (and all DOT lightning effects) will reduce monster's chances to hit.

Additionally lightning no longer has the movement-related drunk effects on players, instead favoring reducing your own hit chances until the effect fades.

- Chain lightning barely hits nowadays.
This is a bug of which I was unware, but the target acquisition method has never changed, only the client side effect.

- Healing circles can no longer stack, yet monsters CAN stack their death circles, for examples.
Monster's death circles do not stack, you can only be affected by one at a time. Otherwise the game would crash whenever you were struck by two at once.

Healing circles stacking lead to complete invulnerability.

- Rejuvenation no longer passively heals for a short time, and rejuvenation can't stack either anymore.
1) This caused MASSIVE lag.
2) This healed almost nothing, you got 1hp per second for each stack. The spell was all but useless.
3) You can heal any level character in mere seconds now, as opposed to the old way, which wasn't much faster than sitting.
4) It passively heals for as long as you have it drawn (without even casting the spell, and at no mana cost!). It did not do this before.

- Blizzard spawn location got nerfed (keledrosprelude2 -> keledrosruins).
(looks at chest) It's still available in KP2. :\ Hasn't changed in ages... It's never been 100% though. On a side note, Blizzard is a hell of a lot more effective than it was... Especially if you go back to the early days - when it did nothing at all, save for spawning snow flakes, and only two players in the entire community managed to get enough SC to actually cast it (mind you, the same SC level as it is now, and everyone can easily reach - which should tell you something).

- Torkalath blade spawn location got nerfed (mscave -> highlands_msc).
When the Torkaloth blade was in mscave it was THE EXACT SAME BLADE as the lowest elven blade.

I could return it to that state and put it back in MSCave, if that's what you desire.

- Rune shield spawn location got nerfed (mscave -> ms_snow).
When the Rune Shield was in MSCave it did NOTHING - not even parry, not even add to chances to parry, and certainly had no chance of freezing opponents. It was the same as all the other shields at the time - ie. totally useless.

Again, I could return it to that state and put it back in MSCave if you really want.

- Demon claws spawn location got nerfed (demontemple -> skycastle).
Also still there, still spawn chance.

- Calrian, the Ice Lord and Keledros have all been made more resistant to holy damage just because high-level players (who don't even bother with these bosses anymore) got way too strong for them.
Calrian's not resistant to holy. Since holy damage was introduced, he's always had the same level of vulnerability. He's never been as vulnerable to holy as the lesser skeletons - none of the bosses are...

That is, except Keledros, who is EXTREMELY vulnerable to holy, and always has been. The only thing that's changed with him, is that he'll retaliate with very nasty spells when struck for Holy damage.

- Atholo gained passive HP regeneration.
Something about what was, at the time, the meanest boss in the game being slain in under three minutes by two players.

- Just about everything in Lodagond got nerfed. It's so bad, I can't even describe it. Instead, I'll link to J-M's Lodagond chart.
The only thing removed from Lodgond are the ridiculous XP multipliers. The treasure artifacts that were in Lodagond-1, have been moved to Lodagond-4 - and there are now a LOT MORE OF THEM. This is because there WAS NO TREASURE for Lodagond-4 when it was first introduced. The XP bonus was slowly reduced, and the treasures slowly added and moved, until the lynch mob went after Shuriken, proving to us that slow-changes were a bad idea. (Treasure list shown there is also entirely wrong.)

- The demon blood + vampire blood stack got destroyed.
Odd... Should work. Of this I'm not aware - I've made no efforts in this regard.

- Some weapons now use unrealistically high amounts of stamina (such as the dark maul), and this wasn't the case before.
The dark maul has not been modified since its creation. Most weapons have had their Stamina drain reduced. No weapon has had its Stamina drain increased SFAIK.

I've been wanting to remove Stamina drain entirely, for those weapons you have proficiency with, to put a greater focus on action and dodging manuverability.

Lies. Alaundra2 has only gotten more and more treasure over time. At the moment it is the exact same chest found in Lodagond-3 that has been called "the most over-stacked chest of all time", and is a hell of a lot harder to reach.

- The XP in old_helena got HALVED for no good reason at all.
Beacuse folks kept restarting the map in the middle to take advantage of the huge concentration of XP from the Orc horde. Even with the nerf, you can still get more XP per second there than almost anywhere else, with the steady flow of easy kill elite orcs.

...Any others for me to debunk before I delete this and add you to Team Whine? :)

...also do you wish me to list all the ADVANTAGES I've given you since I came on board? Cuz that list is a HELL of a lot longer than this one. Indeed, few, if any, of the "nerfed weapons/spells" you are complaining about here even existed before then.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Tradion said:
It does 3*mana used. It never did 2*mana, but now it never drains all your mana in a single blow. It also no longer drains mana when you miss nor when you inadvertantly hit a player. The range hasn't changed, but for the same reason as the lrod, it no longer auto-aims. It also now does Dark damage instead of Piercing (which all undead were resistant to.)

Thothie said:
JUL2007a PUBLIC CHANGELOG:

New Stuffz (in game)
• Demon Claws - These sinister gloves grow into demon scale clawed gauntlets that have two abilities:
- Soul Drain Attack: Red-bar charge attack converts all your remaining mana into HP damage
- Speed Attack: Right click for super-fast attacks (about as often as you can click), these do slightly less damage, cannot be charged, and drain 10 mana per attack.
dc_JUL2007a.gif
JUL2007a:
No mana loss when you miss; instead, you get the "Demon Claws: No target." message.
[mana] = [damage]
The soul drain attack is ranged. I know a screenshot can't prove this, but I killed the rat you see from the distance you see. Anybody who has ever played this game (and who also owned demon claws back then) can confirm this.

dc_AUG2007b.gif
AUG2007b:
No mana loss when you miss; instead, you get the "Demon Claws: No target." message.
2*[mana] = [damage]
The soul drain attack is still ranged.
Thothie said:
It never did 2*mana
:roll:

Thothie said:
FEB2008a / MSC 1.11 PUBLIC CHANGELOG:

• Demon claws give martial arts XP for speed and soul drain attacks, and will not play anim when out of mana
- Also no more "No target", thing - if ye miss, ye miss
Seven months (july to february) after the demon claws got put in-game, the if-you-miss-you-miss thing was implemented.

Thothie said:
MAR2008a PUBLIC CHANGELOG:

Bug Fixes, and Such
• Demonclaws: Soul Fist attack no longer drain on miss, nor when striking a player outside of PVP
- They also drain a max of 50% mana, but do x3 damage, instead of x2
Thothie said:
It does 3*mana used
Exactly, and the amount of mana used is only 50% of the total mana.

For all you incredibly clever mathematicians out there:
3 * 0.5 = 1.5
1.5 < 2.0
Q.E.D.

dc_JUN2008a.gif
JUN2008a:
No mana loss when you miss.
3*[mana/2] = 1.5*[mana] = [damage]
The soul drain attack is not ranged.

Thothie said:
Monster's death circles do not stack, you can only be affected by one at a time. Otherwise the game would crash whenever you were struck by two at once.
The following screenshots were all taken in JUN2008a.
Here's a screenshot of two death circles stacking:
msc_dc_stack_01.gif

Here's three death circles stacking:
msc_dc_stack_02.gif

Here's three circles stacking even closer to each other:
msc_dc_stack_03.gif

Here's me standing in three stacked death circles. The game did not crash. I did not survive this action, though.
msc_dc_stack_04.gif

Thothie said:
Tradion said:
Lies. Alaundra2 has only gotten more and more treasure over time. At the moment it is the exact same chest found in Lodagond-3 that has been called "the most over-stacked chest of all time", and is a hell of a lot harder to reach.
This one time, in MAY2008a, three freezing sphere scrolls spawned in the final chest - simultaneously. Six or seven other people were also in-game. This was either the best bug ever, or the chest contents did get changed.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Perhaps we should look at this from a common-sense point of view.

Let me put Lodagond for you in the terms of, say, Oblivion.

a) Intrepid but oh-so-mortal adventurers land on the floating fortress of one of the evil overlord's generals. Met with great resistance.

b) Fight their way through the frosty outer cloister and encounter a second party, who have frozen one of the lieutenants in a block of ice. After a little tiff, they decide to try and ice the adventurers as well. Both the mages and the lieutenant die. (Lodagond 1)

b) Rinse and repeat through the inner cloisters. (Lodagond 2-3)

c) They reach the center of the floating citadel to find the general surrounded by his elite guard. (Lodagond 4)

d) They venture into his halls and kill him, to find...

Let's snap back to MS:C terms.

d) ... some plastic axes made of... is that... is that cat hair?

Let's see how Oblivion would have done it.

d) the Lost Blade of Insert Legendary Being Here, and a wellspring of knowledge about combat (XP) in the form of the general's extensive archives.

Oh dear.

P.S. It's "Lich" or "Liche" not "Litch". There is no T in the word's origin, Leiche (German for "corpse"), either.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
rofl, JM's reply made me laugh hard :mrgreen:

Also:
- I've NEVER seen demonclaws spawn in demontemple since i started playing ms:c, and im sure that i'm one of the players with highest time spent playing this game. Either the spawn chance is really low (which is pointless) or the item just doesn't like to spawn at all. On the other hand, i've seen fire tomahawks spawn in that chest, now isn't that something cool? :roll:

-Atholo is still pretty badass has it is now, i would rank it has 2nd hardest boss in-game. Not to mention the boss room which makes it even more harder and annoying with all those pits. Then again people can make plans to beat the crap out of that boss.

-From my point of view, i've understood the meaning of the list pointed out in that link. It shows the drops of each artifact in lodagond-1 and lodagond-4 (also included the bonus lodagond-3 chest). The item drop rate in the bonus chest on lodagond-3 is pretty much lower than it was in the old days, meaning the chest is kinda useless if it contains like 95% of the time crap loot in it. The only worthy drops in that chest are the potions (speed mostly) and even those RARELLY pop up in the chest. I remember them being dropped 1 potion per player in the server, it doesnt do that anymore unless you get like 8 player in that map.

-I also do believe in the old days when aluhandra2 got released, it contained much more goodies in it such has ice spells (blizzard still drops but freezing sphere doesnt). The item count in that chest compared to the old day's loot is probably higher but it doesnt mean the reward i better if you just add more garbage in a chest.

I guess i'm done pointing out the negatives i've seen here, and there's no point to act like a badass and delete threads like these now is there? I mean seriously, most of the people who played and still do play this game know about this already, there's no point in deleting the truth.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm proud of destroying MSC said:
[demonclaws]

Ye are comparing several different variations of the demon claws there, and picking and choosing among them to prove your point. There were variants where the claws would drain mana when you missed, there were variants that did 1*mana damage, and the changelog did not always accurately represent the weapon stats, as often last second changes were made.

The entire math behind your premise is wrong in anycase: ((Mana/2)*3) x 2 possible strikes is more damage than (Mana*2) x 1 possible strike. So you are essentially asking me to nerf the weapon.

Moron said:
Thothie said:
The following screenshots were all taken in JUN2008a.
Here's a screenshot of two death circles stacking:
msc_dc_stack_01.gif

Here's three death circles stacking:
msc_dc_stack_02.gif

Here's three circles stacking even closer to each other:
msc_dc_stack_03.gif

Here's me standing in three stacked death circles. The game did not crash. I did not survive this action, though.
msc_dc_stack_04.gif

Read what you quoted again:
Thothie said:

The EFFECTS do not stack - the CIRCLES do. So you can have 1000 of them in the same place, and take the same amount of damage as though there were 1.

The game, as of JUN2008a, could not handle two damaging applyeffects on the same target without crashing the server. Thus, CoD is set as a "nostack" applyeffect. I suppose, if you cross two COD's you may wind up getting the applyeffect quicker, since they are scanning at different intervals, but once you move from the influence of one to the other, it's the same damage.

But thanks for reminding me, we removed the ApplyMultiDMG crash, so we could rig it so they stack now.

He who has delayed a new release for nearly a year and a half said:
Thothie said:
Thraxis said:
This one time, in MAY2008a, three freezing sphere scrolls spawned in the final chest - simultaneously. Six or seven other people were also in-game. This was either the best bug ever, or the chest contents did get changed.

THE CHEST IS ENTIRELY RANDOM - always has been. It can still spawn three freezing sphere scrolls - it can indeed, at the moment, spawn up to SIX freezing sphere scrolls. The chest SCRIPT has not been nerfed, it has only been ADDED TO (the oldest variant could only spawn 2). The chest itself, however, will change every time you visit it, because it is RANDOM. It picks X number of Epic Items from a random Epic Item list with X spawn chance, based on the number of players present. The exact same number, and exact same list, with the exact same spawn chances, as the chest in Lodagond-3, which hasn't been changed since its inception.

If it's giving you less goodies, it's either crappy luck, a twinker flag, or a lack of players.

(Although, I suspect also, certain epic items have become so common as a result of these sorts of chests, that they no longer seem valuable - Helms of Cold/Fire resist, Litchtoungues(;P), thunder axes, serpent gauntlets, etc.)

J-M, remind me to have MiB make a flag that restricts your character to the weapon, spells, XP, and achievable stats of MSC 1.0, to attach to your character, so in the next patch you can have illustrated to you just how insane your complaints of being nerfed are. I'm sure it'll add another month to the patch, but delaying new patches is your primary goal in any case, so you can be "PROUD" of having achieved that, while you watch level 10 MSC 1.11 characters rip your level 20 MSC 1.0 character to shreds in seconds.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The #1 liar said:
J-M, remind me to have MiB make a flag that restricts your character to the weapon, spells, XP, and achievable stats of MSC 1.0, to attach to your character, so in the next patch you can have illustrated to you how insane your complaints of being nerfed are. I'm sure it'll add another month to the patch, but delaying new patches is your primary goal in any case, so you can be "PROUD" of having achieved that, while you watch level 10 MSC 1.11 characters rip your level 20 MSC 1.0 character to shreds in seconds.
I only made my previous post to point out some of the extremely transparent lies you were spreading ("demon claws range never changed", "demon claws never did 2*[mana] as damage"). I didn't actually post to get you to stop nerfing.

Your failure of interpreting my post is now driving you towards getting The Man In Black to waste another month of his life on some kind of asinine character punishment. Not only that, you are blaming a hypothetical patch delay for this punishment on me, while it is YOUR stupid-ass idea.

Don't get me wrong though: I don't really give a fuck. I stopped actively leveling a long, long, long time ago. Several people have passed me with ease since then, such as zeus, SilentDeath and Keldorn. Mikkel, Tull, Hemeriodius and OldManWise came very close to my character strength (in terms of HP, Mana, lvl, skills). Why? They still actively level! Even though you can damn well count on it that I know their training spots, I just don't care anymore. If I really cared so much about "becoming a god", I'd be using those same training spots twenty-four-seven now in order to beat them. But I don't give a fuck. I really don't give a fuck. This is probably hard for you to realize, as you are 100% convinced that my only goal in this game is "making myself more of a god than I already am" (and you are 100% convinced that this is the only truth), but I'll just repeat that I stopped leveling a long time ago, simply because I don't give a flying, smoking fuck.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I see you've started adding personal attacks to your rebuttals. Classy.

These are the things that are fundamentally wrong with what you just said:

Thothie said:
But thanks for reminding me, we removed the ApplyMultiDMG crash, so we could rig it so they stack now.

"Oh no! The player base is unhappy! I know! I'll do MORE STUFF to make them even MORE unhappy out of spite! Recipe for success!"

Thothie said:
If it's giving you less goodies, it's either crappy luck, a twinker flag, or a lack of players.

In real life, there's nothing to stop you donating a million pounds to your nearest homeless person. In Oblivon, there's nothing to stop you not levelling up, thus making the game easy. In Diablo II, there's nothing to stop you from giving incredibly powerful unique items to low-levels, so they can use them when they are ready.

What I'm saying is forcefully plugging the teat of homo sapien kinship and stopping the flow of the milk of human kindness is the #1 way to crush the player's enjoyment of the game underfoot. I don't want to live in fear of being flagged as a twinker because I knew a dog who was owned by the uncle of a friend of a twinker.

Now before you say that I am J-M's lapdog, I am merely trying to point out that you are dressing a personal attack in the guise of an argument. It's important to realise that you are not exactly the immaculately conceived son of God either, and that you should criticise yourself before you criticise others.

P.S. You seem to wave the lapdog thing around like it's insulting. It really isn't.

Thothie said:
J-M, remind me to have MiB make a flag that restricts your character to the weapon, spells, and achievable stats of MSC 1.0, to attach to your character, so in the next patch you can have illustrated to you how insane your complaints of being nerfed are. I'm sure it'll add another month to the patch, but delaying new patches is your primary goal in any case, so you can be "PROUD" of having achieved that, while you watch level 10 MSC 1.11 characters rip your level 20 MSC 1.0 character to shreds in seconds.

By saying that, you have revealed to everyone the lengths you will go to in order to underhandedly win a debate. You, my friend, have some sort of superiority complex. I hope you can be "PROUD" of yourself now that you're going to start singling out people you personally don't like and then punishing them for stumbling across MS:C.

Your turn!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
"[thothie said] Demon claws have never changed" who's spreading lies around here? The buggy things have changed more times than almost any other weapon, and I've said as much. Changelog may have said they did at 2x one point, but it never worked out to exactly that.

You're the only one spreading lies around here, you're the only one who's out to kill this mod. You're the only one with enough OCD, hate, and tenacity to put together lists like that Lodagond list, which likely took more time to assemble than it did me to create the scripts listed for you to complain about.

It'll be worth delaying the patch a month go get you to see the light, to *maybe* turn that energy to helping the game instead of hurting it. It'd be very much worth it, when you consider that your hate and efforts have already delayed the patch for, what, 16 months? I'd call that extra month a worthwhile investment.

In fact, instead of working on scripts for the next week, and getting the code sorted out for our new coder, I think I'll make an "UberedList 1.0" - so I can put out the neigh never-ending list of ADVANTAGES I've given you over the past few years, which you are so good at turning a blind eye to, to counter this load of BS. Hell, that might take a another month in itself. You're on a roll.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
tl;dr to be as expected. Oh well. At least I feel better now.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You're the only one spreading lies around here

October 21st, 2009:
Thothie said:
J-M has cost us [...] StevenLAFL [...]

October 25th, 2009:
msc_StevenlAFl.gif
(and no, that's not Photoshop)

You lose, good bye.
I'm leaving this thread because I don't want to create more opportunities for you to lie about me.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Rofl, thats a good one, you dont even know who you have in your MSN buddy's list haha!
And now, this isn't going anywhere pretty much, we all know the drill, do we not? :roll:

BTW: I'm enjoying the show, brb popcorn.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So sorry I don't have the 2+ year old chat log of him demanding to be able to hard-code ban you if he worked on the code. Something about all the grief you were giving his buddy Jester. ;)

Echo717

New Adventurer
Socialist Guild
Reaction score
Hahaha, Thothie, you know what drove StevenlAFl away better than StevenlAFl does, himself!

Btw, when you eventually drive JM away I'm perfectly willing to be the next scapegoat

also you'll kill the mod much faster than JM could ever dream to.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I could, but I haven't. Who's actually working on this mod, and who's raving against its developers here?

StevenlAFl was always more interested in hacking MSC than actually working on it, but Gaz, "I refuse to a work for a community that attacks the devs every time we try to do something for the good of the game", and more importantly, Shuriken, amongst other previously truly dedicated developers were most definitely lost solely to this insanity that you seem to be backing.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Echo717 said:
Btw, when you eventually drive JM away I'm perfectly willing to be the next scapegoat

Sorry man, but im 2nd on the list! Get in the line! :wink:

Edit: Holy ****! Teh popped up out of nowhere! Epic threads sure do have their own "scent". :mrgreen:

Teh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Echo717 said:

Sorry man, but im 2nd on the list! Get in the line! :wink:

Edit: Holy ****! Teh popped up out of nowhere! Epic threads sure do have their own "scent". :mrgreen:

I smelled you, ;)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Teh said:
I smelled you, ;)

good too know that my smell reaches florida these days!

Oh man that didnt sound right at all.