ms_lildude

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
is fancy and all, but now being 2012, soon 13, everyone's starting to get 16:9 - 16:10 screens, and lildude is a little too short to show what hand you currently have selected. can't we just revert back to the old 2D system? it's pretty confusing for newer players when they accidentally throw out their weapon instead of the ratpelt the picked up, and also when you want to for example switch armor and so on.

or is there a command for this?

-Fredrikli

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
And that's why! When I started I played on an 21" CRT monitor :D always wondered why I can't see the little fella with the active hand display anymore.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't have this problem, and I play test on both a 4:3 and 16:9... Hrmm...

I'm wondering if you folks have your aspect ratios set right in the graphic options.

Options->Video, and make sure your Display Mode is set Widescreen (for 16:9), and Normal (for 4:3). Then make sure your Resolution is set to your monitor's native mode (or any 4:3 of your choosing, in the case of a CRT - preferably matching your desktop resolution, as otherwise you may need to fiddle with the controls).

Depending on your graphics card, the refresh rate may default to 60hz, in which case you'll have to fiddle with your monitor's settings, if your desktop isn't also at 60hz. (I suppose this could cause part of the screen to get cut off on old CRTs.)

The only related cvar we have is ms_lildude - which can only be used to remove the little bugger. :\

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i've got a 21" screen, native resolution is 1920*1080, refreshrate is 60hz. settings in MSC is 16:9 - 1920*1080.

heres some screens:
2012-10-23_00002.jpg
2012-10-23_00001.jpg

it's just frustrating, nothing that's game breaking. my bud's got the same problem, he's got the same resolution as me.
tried changing to "normal" or 4:3, but then i can't choose 1080, and the picture gets all stretched (obviously).

hope it's something that can be fixed or added flexibility.

Med vänliga hälsningar,
-Fredrikli

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i have to say i never really liked lildude it is somewhat confusing. but i usually just turn it off. i mean it was a good idea i just dont think it turned out as good as the actual idea it's self.