Max item cap to 60.

renamon

Adventurer
Reaction score
The item cap should be set to 60 in order to prevent character corruptions. Carrying 75 items isn't really worth it if it means maps cannot be gauntlet flagged.
You can always keep a couple of galat scrolls in your inventory to summon items or potions that you need the most. Usually character corruption is caused by exceeding 60 items in your inventory. Atleast for me, the only time my character has ever been corrupted was when I went over 60 items up to around 70. Since thothie seems to not be around for rollbacks often anymore it might be a good idea to reduce the item count

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
lol I've been carrying roughly 90 to 95 items for literal years without any corruption whatsoever.

COME @ ME BRO

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I'd rather have more items without being spammed with CoRuRUpTIOn WarNInGS.

renamon

Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't even carry over 63 items without getting frame spikes. So I have to limit myself regardless.
I have played MSC off and on for years and I never got corrupted from a gauntlet series, it was only when I carried too many items and I got corrupted just by votemapping somewhere else.

WHITE-LION

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
The issue with forcing the maximum item carrying capacity for a player to 60 from 75 (not sure) is handling player inventories that already exceed 60 items. What will happen to those items? They could be deleted, this will make a lot of players upset, unless there is a way for Thothie or another administrator to move player items from their inventories to their galat storage chest, this is a bad decision I think.

Last edited:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
The issue with forcing the maximum item carrying capacity for a player to 60 from 75 (not sure) is what will happen to the excess of items? They will likely be deleted but what items will those be? Everyone with more than 60 items may lose valuable game items and this will make them upset. Unless there is a way to efficiently move player items from their inventories to their galat storage chest, this is a bad decision I think.
Wat? They'd be in your galat chest not just magically deleted.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I can't even carry over 63 items without getting frame spikes. So I have to limit myself regardless.
I have played MSC off and on for years and I never got corrupted from a gauntlet series, it was only when I carried too many items and I got corrupted just by votemapping somewhere else.
Different items have different weight of impact on your characters "size" and how much storage you galat can have is alao depending on the items because of the string space limits. I don't know the specifics but a rule of thumb is usually that older items are gonna clog up more space. Absolutely NEVER use any weapon holster other than the "Weapon strap" if you don't have a bag of holding. You should also be quitting the game at every level change to clear out your memory and reduce crashing (Yes, every time). I also recommend you go to an empty server and drop all of your possessions then pick them back up to clear any "gunk" off your character. Also, if you can, empty you galat chest of all items then you can use a command thats called "clearbank" I think which will also help clean up your character file.

I hope this helps.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I guess if people weren't aware of the changes being implemented before hand, and came back after a hiatus it'd be an issue. Not sure how/why this would be implemented, as opposed to just fixing the existing issues we have

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nah, we don't need to lower the cap, i'm literally the worst case scenario when it comes to item count = overflow. My main has overflow issues with 61 items in some maps. Whenever i use my main character to play, lots of issue are likely to occur if playing with other people. Such as: people getting kicked out nonstop, crashing the server when trying to load the character, causing lag spikes when doing specific things (punching walls or using shields, i think the shields issue got fixed sometime ago but my ping used to double or triple whenever i punched a wall).

There are many things that can cause you to overflow and then become corrupted, getting your event HUD spammed with messages, or chat box, or using the ingame text notification thingie (the red text that pops up using some commands, like roll), all of these things contribute towards overflowing, thus leading to character corruption. Along with the idea that some items could dissappear and remain attached to your character, i remember having something like this occur to me once long ago with a hoarfrost shard ticket, my second shard ever from lodagond, made a ticket out of it to reduce weight, it vanished, it ended up popping back up on the next patch update.

There are all kinds of weird things occuring in this game, i'm certainly one of the unluckiest when it comes to overflows using my main. If i use alts, nothing happens and everything is okay. So yeah, pretty much indicates that my main is likely gifted with permanent corruption.

With all of this in mind, you have to control your item count yourself, lots of people in this game are capable of using bags inside bags inside bags inside bags with like 3 or 4 stacks of full bags rigged with potions and have no issues playing the game, then there are the unlucky people, like you and me, that overflow as soon as you hit the low 60s no matter what.