Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis in the changelog like the others...

monsters/bandit_mage

He's not impressive, and a bit buggy to boot. Basically tosses fire darts + ice shields his buddies. He'll show up randomly if you use monsters/bandit (1 in 6 chance)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Updated, finally! The last update was in December of last year, so all the new monsters of JAN2007a, FEB2007a, FEB2007b, MAR2007a, APR2007a and APR2007b have been added!
Sorry to keep you waiting, LittleFrodo :wink:

The download link is in the first post. Current version is v1.002.241, which means revision 2 with 241 scripts listed.

Highlights:
Enchanted armors (meaner animated armors)
Stone skeletons
New slimes
Zombies
The bandit mage :mrgreen:
...and of course some other stuff - information on what's new is, as always, in the changelog (last page of the file, scroll down).

Thothie said:
He'll (referring to the bandit mage) show up randomly if you use monsters/bandit (1 in 6 chance)
One in seven chance :wink:
The random spawner can spawn:
- Bandit Rogue
- Bandit Axeman
- Bandit Swordsman
- Bandit
- Bandit Martial Artist
- Bandit Archer
- Bandit Mage

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
True that...

We'll be adding about another 20 monster scripts come MAY2007a, btw, just to keep you busy. :\

This is just what's in and working so far, if you want to get an early jump on it while you still have it open:
MAY2007_alpha said:
• ms_wicardoven/maldora - Fragment of Maldora
- Boss can handle small groups of Level 25-30 characters
- Summons images, minions, lesser rock storms (1 rock per player, up to 4), multiple lightning attacks, punch w/stun attack, dodge, erratic movement, protective repulsion shield (hoping to get Orochi to put a weapon in his hand).
- sets off the map trigger maldora_seal when ready to begin combat - use this to seal the room
- sets off the map trigger multilava every 20-40 seconds (intended for map trap)
- Maldora is immune to all magical attacks, although is still *somewhat* affected by holy weapons, and is affected normally by conventional weapons
- Spawns two orcs and has a conversation with them before beginning combat
• ms_wicardoven/maldora_image
- Summoned by the fragment, can *theoretically* be placed by themselves. 200hp, stun attacks, non-solid. No immunities. Silent. Goes down fairly easily
• monsters/maldora_minion_ice - nasty, fast moving skeletal maldora minion, elemental attacks
• monsters/maldora_minion_lightning - same thing, but different
• monsters/maldora_minion_fire - ditto
• monsters/maldora_minion_venom - xerox
• monsters/maldora_minion_random - one of the above four at random
- Each maldora minion above glows a color appropriate to its element and is extremely vulnerable to its opposing element, in addition to being immune to its own. (note bug: immune to holy atm, will fix)
• dq/voldaraxer - Beefier version of the old dq/voldarwarrior, with an envenomed axe
• dq/voldararcher - On par with the elite archers, but has v. nasty poison arrows
• dq/voldararcher_turret - non-roaming version of same
• dq/voldarshaman - Voldar's Shaman's enchanted by Maldora (read: possessed by horrors)
• dq/voldar - severe beefing, lots of tricks (acid cloud, acid bolts, stun, eggs), still in the level 20-25 mini-boss range
- comes up as Orc Poisoner on maps where he is not featured (for generic deployment)
• monsters/bandit_elite - series of 1337 bandits, each with its own magic weapon and/or special abilities
• monsters/bandit_elite_unarmed - bandit martial artist, with multiple kick attacks with stun and knockback
• monsters/bandit_elite_sword - fast attacking bandit with a greater ice blade
• monsters/bandit_elite_mace - dark maul wielding bandit with AOE stun attack
• monsters/bandit_elite_dagger - boneblade wielding bandit with turbo-speed special attack
• monsters/bandit_elite_axe - bandit wielding a large ornate axe with bull-rush attack
• monsters/bandit_elite_archer - bandit archer with frost arrows and special multi-poison arrow attack

Currently working on:
monsters/bandit_boss (level 25-35 boss)
Which is probably going to come in six flavors including:
_dagger - Plevmus of the Hidden Knife
_mace - Golgar the Hammer
_axe - Vultekh of the Runes
_archer - Xaron of the Orion Bow
_sword - Kryoh of the Frozen Blade
_nova - Demonicus of the Burning Blade
...outside of the_keep, they'll rename themselves to generic "Bandit Leader" case ya need a swarm of them for a level 40+ dungeon.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
MAY2007_alpha said:
monsters/bandit_elite - series of 1337 bandits, each with its own magic weapon and/or special abilities
Will this be the random spawner?

Anyway, all of that sounds very promising, not to mention awesome :oldshock:
Orion bow :mrgreen:

Also, could you give me a full list of what's planned and upcoming?
Or rather, add to this list:
- Wooly spider series
- Crystal skeleton series
- Cold lady
- Ice witch
- Ice mages
- The Borch orc tribe
- Ice reaver patriarch
- Greater fire elemental
- Earth elementals
- Air elementals
- Elder elementals
- Huge ass orc for Crow with Blooddrinker sword
- ...vampires?
- The huge swamp critter lineup?
Thothie said:
Pending swamp critter line-up. Bottom front (from left to right): tube, piranha, trencher-beak, snake man, puma, raptor. Second row: swamp ogre, borch, swamp zombie. back: doom tree, shambler. top: pterry. far right: bronto.

P.S.: Awesome names for those bandit bosses! Where do you find all that stuff? You always come up with such good names. I know this sounds silly, but Ji-ax is pretty much a name I would really associate with an ice djinn, and Val-sul is pretty much a name I would associate with a fire djinn. How do you do it :p ?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The reason that you associate the names so easily is because you are around them so much before he pulls them out of his ass (For those of you who couldn't get that, it's an "ass-kisser" joke)

:oldlol: jk

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The ability to pull names out of yer ass comes from having to write up monsters and dungeons for D&D players since one was eleven years old / reading too much sci-fi. Granted, I'm working at about that level on most of those... ;)

Yes, bandit_elite is a randomizer, just as the others (bandit / bandit_hard). bandit_boss will be as well. Hoping to have a bandit_hard_mage, but may not get to it in time. All of the bandit_boss variants have several magical abilities (and can use potions), so I don't think we need a mage-boss.
pot_h4x.gif
ZOMG POT H4X!

All of what ya listed there is on the todo list, in addition to a bunch of other stuff, but, with few exceptions, the script names aren't in concrete yet, and which is going to get done this month is up in the air. Crystal Skeles, Ice Reaver Boss, Ice Mages, and Blooddrinker Orc Boss have top priority, followed by cold lady / ice witch, (I think, btw, Crow is aiming more for nimble than giant with that orc boss - maybe faster Graznux size with a lot more tricks up his sleeve and maneuverability).

I need to confirm some things with Lanethan in regards to the Borch orcs... I can't recall if those were his or Little G's... There's a mention of a Shadhar orcs in the Wiki, but I don't recall who added that either. In anycase there will be at least one more series of orcs (probably using the old green skin-set, but may go with this 'copper-skin' description instead). Expect them all to be Gaznux size and up, some slow, some fast, but all v. mean, lightning oriented shamans, and two chiefs (one of which is being held prisoner in Crow's skycastle).

The rest of the swamp line up is on the back burner unless Gaz, or someone else, tells me they are working on a swamp map again, then to be added in the order they are most desired.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Today replica and I were playing MS: C and at one point we were talking about the new script list. He mentioned that he can't open the file because he gets some error report.

I was all like "crap" and "why didn't you post that :| " because the file should just work. Is there anybody else who can't open the file?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya mean da script list? (checks)

Yeah, seems to generate some sort of error report... It maybe the file hoster doesn't like DOC files anymore due to the virus potential. Maybe ZIP it, upload, and re-link?

(The error report is a huge chunk of PHP code - it maybe the file host is just fux0red too.)

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
when i click the link, it brings me to a page that says "Invalid File!"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
meh... Maybe export it as HTML and just make it a web page? *shrug*

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Works, viewable.... Unlike the forums which are hella unresponsive today.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been noticing that >_>

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The link is broken and the list is outdated - all the new monsters from MAY2007a and later are missing, I'll have to get to work soon >_<

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've updated this list again. All the new monsters from MAY2007a, JUN2007a, JUL2007a and JUL2007b have been added.

You can find the download link in the first post. The current version is v1.003.290, which means revision 3 with 290 scripts listed.

Highlights:
Maldora and his new minions
The Elite bandits and the boss bandits
The "Uber Reaver" for Lodagond
The Elder Horror (omfg)
The Kharaztorant cult friendly fellows
Two new bludgeons (god no)
More things that will kill you - information on what's new is, as always, in the changelog (last pages of the file, scroll down).

Could a few people please download the ZIP archive, extract the DOC file and check it out to
- verify if the download link works
- check that the file is still intact
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Before I forget this:
Once again, thanks to Thothie for answering all my stupid questions regarding new monsters :mrgreen:
Also, my thanks go out to Thothie for constantly supplying us with new, unique, entertaining, and challenging monsters!

With the notable exception of Atholo; Atholo sucks ass.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Link works - but I dun see any of the August critters in it (nor the mentioned uber reaver, or k_cult). Dated file?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Kharaztorant cultists: page 7
Ice Reaver Patriarch: page 12

AUG2007a monsters: none, will be added next update (which will appear in AUG2007a).