Lol, guess what this is

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ceriux said:
Gaz said:
Keep modelling! Nice to see another modeller! Please, don't think Im putting you down, quite the opposite!

Im still here Gaz, i just wont have an internet connection on my computer for a couple more weeks... iv actually been working on a helmet for the mod... ill have screenshots and such and prolly be about 95% done with it before i get internet on my comp so expect quite a bit out of me cause thats pretty much all i have to do... iv also been thinking of modeling a wearwolf for the mod too if its needed... i still havent decided on it yet though... being as most of my player/monster models have always had something go wrong and i dropped them...

A werewolf...Much as one would believe that would have already been made, it hasn't...Good idea :D ...Also, I've hit "Modeler's Block," so I need some inspiration before I can get modeling again. Also, there's work, school, and computer building...Which reminds me, I needs to get Photoshop again :oldshock:

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Sabre said:
A werewolf...

I would love to see werewolf on the game.
I found a picture that looks awesome for the game.

I don't remember where I found it because I was looking for textures. they have a skin texture for that picture.

howl.gif

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Besides those WoW elves, I also happened to find a model ported to HL from the game elder scrolls 3:bloodmoon

wolf.gif

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
ceriux said:
Im still here Gaz, i just wont have an internet connection on my computer for a couple more weeks... iv actually been working on a helmet for the mod... ill have screenshots and such and prolly be about 95% done with it before i get internet on my comp so expect quite a bit out of me cause thats pretty much all i have to do... iv also been thinking of modeling a wearwolf for the mod too if its needed... i still havent decided on it yet though... being as most of my player/monster models have always had something go wrong and i dropped them...

Awesome :)

Also, great pics guys :) First one is sexy, looks like it uses normal maps

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i like the playermodel wolf, i can convert it to something usable

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:
...Also, I've hit "Modeler's Block," so I need some inspiration before I can get modeling again.
Some sketch? Did the top one fast to perhaps clear something up. But I'm not a modeler so I cant really do shit with it :S (and my anatomy sucks)

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
FER said:
Besides those WoW elves, I also happened to find a model ported to HL from the game elder scrolls 3:bloodmoon

wolf.gif

looks sweet! could we use that?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Tulll said:
Sabre said:
...Also, I've hit "Modeler's Block," so I need some inspiration before I can get modeling again.
Some sketch? Did the top one fast to perhaps clear something up. But I'm not a modeler so I cant really do **** with it :S (and my anatomy sucks)

If someone could actually make it look like that, instead of a skull on a headcrab (and not leap like a headcrab) that would be awesome.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Using that wolf would mean another debate about using non original models, like that Orca thread.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can fix the wolf to be more usable...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
90% of our models are unoriginal. More concerned about permissions/copyrights, but a good percentage of our models have issues there too.

I've that model - but as with many models like it, it's an HLDM player model with only HLDM anims. Don't have much use for a werewolf whose only animations involve standing and shooting machine guns. That particular model doesn't have anything even looking vaguely like a claw attack, nor can it ever run on all fours. Seeing as how animation seems to be the most difficult part of modeling, I dunno if anyone would ever be able to fix that either.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
iv got no problem with animation... just the QC files...

edit: also i was thinking more like the werewolfs on fable

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HLDM models can be easily converted to the rogue player animations
i cant take care of that is neccesary(did that with the elf)

but i cant add weapons since milkshape expired

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
and if you dont have 10$(or rather are not allowed to buy because of parents)

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Is it they won't let you buy things over the net on their card?
They don't want you to use Milkshape?

I bought my copy (when I was 16 (7 years ago)) over the phone, with my dad using his card, and me paying him back.

That was a long time ago though, and now, the internets alot safer with regards to internet shopping

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yah but im still not allowed though

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ask blasto about milkshape, im sure he'll be able to give you a hand :wink: