Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdHSqkzgdM

Looks weird but i'm ready to accept it just because it had boobs in it. Perhaps i'll regret saying this later... :roll:

Is it just me or is that a new icon in the HUD on that video? and what's up with that aura that starts @ 26 seconds? :eek:

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Is it just me or is that a new icon in the HUD on that video? and what's up with that aura that starts @ 26 seconds? :eek:

Its what the vest does, it gives you a random immunity every 90 seconds. But the video only shows frost immunity. Which would be nice to have happen in ms_snow for sure.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, damn thing went and picked cold immunity twice in a row during filming. Maybe I should rig it so it starts on a random one and cycles through a predictable sequence. And yeah, made new status icons for those immunities, but I figure you won't need them for potions, since potions are permanent until death or map change, and you likely won't want an extra icon cluttering up your hud for that - unlike this random 90 second thing.

Still think the idea is almost as silly as rainbow breasts. But hey, everyone likes breasts. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Having a set pattern is going to increase its power quite a bit. Take that as a good or bad thing >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, no issues with that IMO. It's fairly useless as is. Might help it a little.

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Meh, no issues with that IMO. It's fairly useless as is. Might help it a little.
Caluminium ★: please don't tell me this is really going to be in-game >_>
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): It is, what is wrong with it?
Caluminium ★: it will ruin the game, just saying
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): I don't think so
Caluminium ★: it'll make the game much more easier, such as element based maps like cleicert = lightning, phlames = fire .etc
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): On chance... it cycles every 90 seconds
Caluminium ★: then again, pots do the same
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): The idea is that the item is unreliable
Caluminium ★: if you made it say
Caluminium ★: 90% resistant or something
Caluminium ★: I demand 90% elemental resistance and 35% base protection
Apparently it is too OP. I don't think so though :|
At first I thought he was kidding. Any other opinions on this items OPness?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, pots are permanent, and reliable (I hope)... This is every 90 seconds... So, you'd effectively be immune to lightning on Cleicert 1/4th of the time, non-sequentially (and currently, unpredictably). I don't see it being a problem... Aside from the aesthetic value. I don't even see people using it, on those two counts... I suppose I could make it *really* worthless, and make you vulnerable to the opposing element at the same time.

But, so as not to spam the LOL thread with non-LOLs...

Been stuck at hospitals with sh*t internet so much lately, I've been tempted to Take a Skyrim to the Knee.

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Srgnt Rehab said:
Thothie said:
Caluminium ★: please don't tell me this is really going to be in-game >_>
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): It is, what is wrong with it?
Caluminium ★: it will ruin the game, just saying
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): I don't think so
Caluminium ★: it'll make the game much more easier, such as element based maps like cleicert = lightning, phlames = fire .etc
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): On chance... it cycles every 90 seconds
Caluminium ★: then again, pots do the same
Mark (Srgnt Rehab): The idea is that the item is unreliable
Caluminium ★: if you made it say
Caluminium ★: 90% resistant or something
Caluminium ★: I demand 90% elemental resistance and 35% base protection
Apparently it is too OP. I don't think so though :|
At first I thought he was kidding. Any other opinions on this items OPness?
Not to go off-topic, but this has more armor then AoB and it's a vest. This should atleast be dropped to 40% or something.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Not that i think that vest is OP in anyway i do think the protection value should be like a normal vest 35%
Haveing a small vest giving more damage protection than a full armor is kinda silly and would only ruin the game.

About the 100% imunity to random element, who gives a shit everyone just drinks a potion anyways, i would NEAVER bother to use a item like that and wait between the cycles, maybe on my alt char that only got 200hp and 4 strenght...

And i cant say that i like the looks of it so haveing it more crapier would hopefully make me see it less in game.

anyways this is in the joke section of the forum so not even sure if this is really intended for the game as a serious item?

Tierd after work, good night

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Fire Lizard Vest and Gladiator Armor armor both have 45%... Dunno if you can blame the magic on the Gladiator. :\ Downside to bravery being the same as in reality, I suppose: you die easier.

I mean, I can nerf it, if ya really want...

Umm... Yeah... Lols.... Dunno how many of you have been unfortunate enough to play this game. (Though that mod almost makes it look worth trying again.)

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The Fire Lizard Vest and Gladiator Armor armor both have 45%... Dunno if you can blame the magic on the Gladiator. :\ Downside to bravery being the same as in reality, I suppose: you die easier.

I mean, I can nerf it, if ya really want...

Umm... Yeah... Lols.... Dunno how many of you have been unfortunate enough to play this game. (Though that mod almost makes it look worth trying again.)
I didn't know that... :oldlol: Anyways, I tried that game, but I didn't really like it much. It's really not my style of game.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
No need to nerf it, it won't be much of a use for higher lvl players with all the immunity potions they have. Besides it looks damn weird wearing that...

One thing though, it may not be of use for higher lvls, but it could be put to good use for lower lvls... if it ends up having a requirement to wear, i hope they aren't so high because it would be just useless if that happened. :wink:

Personally it would have been better if rehab suggested something different and much more usefull, such as a leather vest that offers little physical protection, some mana regen passive, small damage boost with spells and perhaps a small elemental resistance to all. This would be much more usefull than the current leather vest he suggested, which will only offer elemental resistances randomly for 90 seconds, which was never a problem to begin with for most of us.

My contribution to lol-a-thon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HWbyZC ... re=related

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw Making Skyrim enjoyable.

Hakariaki said:
Not that i think that vest is OP in anyway i do think the protection value should be like a normal vest 35%
Haveing a small vest giving more damage protection than a full armor
who gives a **** everyone just drinks a potion anyways

Isn't it more like a metal chestplate, or is that just because thoth was using female model and they all do that?
Either way, it'll be a lot harder to get than fishing out gladiator leathers from some cave, which I recall being better than non-magical armor anyway, as a middle upgrade.
If you like a challenge, that's fine, but it seems like a middle-range step between something and something else, and not everyone has the time to gather barrels worth of potions.

Not sure why everywhere I've gone (ultima, coh, etc) that the voices of those crying out "nerf" and "make it less than 1 in 200 chance off of a hard fight" are the loudest, when it's been trinkets like aprons that simply regen 1 health every few seconds or other such things that should simply be "uncommon" and not a quest for the grail.

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I don't think the item will have a level cap at all. So, I guess it depends on where will the item drop and such, if it drops on Hunderswamp then it would be quite useless.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Wishbone said:
I don't think the item will have a level cap at all. So, I guess it depends on where will the item drop and such, if it drops on Hunderswamp then it would be quite useless.

That's where i was going at... but hey, guess it's up to them to figure that one out. Gives me that feeling again of doing tundra to get some lower tier item which isn't even usefull 99.9% the time. :oldlol:

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
villager said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Am7oKBD3PU

I found this easy to masturbate to.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Thothie said:
"Jesus saves and so should you"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9096#p140736

Well i just had to, since i laughed for a good while when i saw that proverb... :oldlol:
jesus_sandpeople_small.jpg