Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
t681ma.gif

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You did not include the animations "sigh" Please do so next patch....whenever that is -.-
Also Thothie can you send me the latest Nashalrath source along with the depth elf source?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
You did not include the animations "sigh" Please do so next patch....whenever that is -.-
Also Thothie can you send me the latest Nashalrath source along with the depth elf source?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have a good plan for it. I will rework Nashalrath be about a dragon, and Depth elves will be changed to elf sized former torkalath elves.

That way the bugfixed version can finally be released.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Gurluas' lore is like a Rubik's cube.. Not because it's subtle and sophisticated, but more because he so easily swaps out tiny parts of it with no problem and it makes absolutely no difference to the whole..

That, and it gets quite infuriating.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Gurluas' lore is like a Rubik's cube.. Not because it's subtle and sophisticated, but more because he so easily swaps out tiny parts of it with no problem and it makes absolutely no difference to the whole..

That, and it gets quite infuriating.

It does make a big difference. Before it was a big plot about Leann's past and insight to its future.
Now its just another loot map leading to a fight with a dragon.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If Little-G can ignore reality, surely I can ignore...

arrows.gif

I did a major hurderp and forgot to tell ye all about a major new feature. (Well, "new" in that we put it in back in effing JULY, and thus I forgot all about it.)

type in console:
bind 4 "quickslot arrow"

Yes, that's right, you can now cycle through arrow types by pressing 4.

Sadly, I also forgot to add it to the keyboard options in the installer. ><

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
When some people cant distinguish serious from non serious.

EDIT: Had to ask J for the source, but I have it, now I can make the final revision to Nashalrath and release the final version once and for all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
EDIT: Had to ask J for the source, but I have it, now I can make the final revision to Nashalrath and release the final version once and for all.
Why J? Why!? ><

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Gurluas said:
Why J? Why!? ><

I think you will like the result, among the changes Iposatu is getting removed.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I heard Unholyblade deals less damage than blooddrinker and saps less health

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Here's some numbers for you, FER:

Blood drinker regular hit damage: 192.6 ± 18.8
Blood drinker charged hit damage: 377.7 ± 19.6
Blood drinker HP regeneration per hit: ~23

Unholy blade regular hit damage: 142.1 ± 21.8
Unholy blade charged hit damage: 279.8 ± 19.4
Unholy blade HP regeneration per hit: ~12

All data was gotten at Swordsmanship 40 (40, 40, 40). The test subjects: Giant Rats, lots of them. I killed 50 of them per attack type per weapon, so I killed 200 Giant Rats in total to get the above data.
Plus a few more, actually, for the HP regeneration data. HP regeneration values don't seem to vary with attack types (regular hit or charged hit) and obviously only apply when you attack living targets.

Other interesting things:
Both swords require Swordsmanship Proficiency 30 for the regular hit and Swordsmanship Proficiency 32 for the charged hit. They both do dark damage and at Swordsmanship Balance 40 both have a hit roll of 21. Both swords are two-handed and can manually parry attacks by holding right-click.

Other abilities of the blood drinker:
  • At Swordsmanship Proficiency 34 you can throw the sword (second charge). This costs 40 Mana. The sword tracks down targets (even through walls) and damages them multiple times. Pressing right-click when the sword is in flight causes the sword to return to you. The damage done (type: dark) is equal to half of your Spell Casting level. You regain ~4 HP for every time the sword damages a living enemy while in flight. The blood drinker throw does not pass XP.

Other abilities of the unholy blade:
  • At Swordsmanship Proficiency 34 you can throw the sword (second charge). This costs 30 Mana. The sword travels somewhat slowly in a straight line, damaging everything it hits two or three times. You regain ~11 HP for every time the sword damages a living enemy while in flight. When the sword hits a solid object, it instantly returns to you, i.e. it does not travel backwards to damage enemies again. Pressing right-click when the sword is in flight instantly recalls the sword. The sword does dark damage when in flight, too, and the damage is based on your Spell Casting Affliction level. At Spell Casting Affliction 40, it does an average of 132.7 dark damage (based on sixteen throws).
  • At Swordsmanship Proficiency 35 you can create the "Shield of Darkness" by holding right-click for at least five seconds. This creates a red aura (centered on the player) that repels creatures around you. The Shield of Darkness can repel some really powerful creatures, like Mummified Warriors (sword variant), which have 4000 HP. Dark damage over time is also applied to all creatures that touch the aura. The damage is based on your Spell Casting Affliction level. To be more precise: 0.25 * [Affliction] is the amount of dark damage over time done to enemies. The Shield of Darkness lasts twenty seconds, instantly vanishes when the sword is dropped or holstered, requires a minimum of 75 Mana (but the actual shield does not drain Mana) and also seems to repel blood drinkers and tornados.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
My suggestion about the new Death system:
-Add boss flags to tough creatures such as the cold one, frost hammers, mummy warlord and demon bludgeon (shad_palace one) for some examples;
or
-Make some new flag for "lesser boss" status, then you could work out something along the lines with these type of creatures... possibly make a % of xp lost on death related to those type of creatures, or even make xp lost on death based on players hp, so many things that could be used.

Note: I brought this up because it is kinda frustrating seeing creatures that take such a long time to kill, giving almost none or no xp at all incase i get killed, and some of these creatures are strong enough to bring a maxed out character in a couple of hits to death, not to mention the stun whores... So i thought it would be a good idea discussing something like this.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
My suggestion about the new Death system:
-Add boss flags to tough creatures such as the cold one, frost hammers, mummy warlord and demon bludgeon (shad_palace one) for some examples;
or
-Make some new flag for "lesser boss" status, then you could work out something along the lines with these type of creatures... possibly make a % of xp lost on death related to those type of creatures, or even make xp lost on death based on players hp, so many things that could be used.

Note: I brought this up because it is kinda frustrating seeing creatures that take such a long time to kill, giving almost none or no xp at all incase i get killed, and some of these creatures are strong enough to bring a maxed out character in a couple of hits to death, not to mention the stun whores... So i thought it would be a good idea discussing something like this.

+2 :idea: for Zeus. I also hate loseing all the xp when geting stunraped:C

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hoping for a FEB2011 patch... I'm currently cleaning up some minor issues, and finishing up Catacombs. Still waiting on Rehab's permission to touch Orc_for, but Catacombs makes a good testing ground for fixing up self-adjusting scripts (and at least one team-oriented type beastie)... I did, somewhere, at some point, say that we'd have a patch, new map or nay, but I really hate to put out a new monthly patch with no new map or items, save in those cases where it fixes a critical bug. So... Maybe I can finish up Catacombs real quick, squeeze out an item or two, and take a few more stabs at the remaining bugs. Then we'll see about a sometime-in-the-first-week-of-Febuary patch, at least.