I'm afraid I need a rollback...

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello.

After a so long time I finally managed to get a email to activate my account with, I finally can post this thread (and probably more) on this forum.

Alright, so what happened is, my very hard earned Felewyn Shard just got poofed from inventory... :( It took me literally a few years straight to get all the symbols to get this item and it cost me a lot. It was a really wonderful day when I finally managed to get it, and got a lot fun to use it. But then, I notice that I finally got some free space in my BoH and at first it was nice news, but then just found it's just gone from my Bag of Holding for no reason, and no way I could drop it because I don't used it lately... I don't care if majority of MSC players would say that Felewyn Shard is patheticly worthless and not worth getting back, I really don't care, it's a really fun thing to use from time to time and I really want it back! :evil:

I have no idea what caused for this to happened, and I'm really curious if I could fix it somehow without getting a rollback. Like, would it help if I throw all items on floor from BoH and then it suddenly pops up in my BoH?? Could any other exercise help me get it back?? I got really pissed off at MSC when this happened and stop touching it for a while, but I just really wish it got fixed all this "items poofing" thing. From what I heard, most items may poof in your galat chests, and it shouldn't poof in your inventory\Bag_of_holding. So I'd like to know, how to make to never make it happened again?...

Anyway, in case if rollback is the only way to fix it, so be it... *sigh* However, I'm curious if you could roll me back to the day when I lost my Felewyn Shard?? Can you please slowly rolling me back and check the items untill you found I have Felewyn Shard? If in case it's impossible, well... I think last time I played and found that this thing was gone is a 4th May, but I'm not sure when it's gone... In that case, one day rollback (to 3th may) perhaps may fix it...

Anyway, there is infomation for rollback.

| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:11436059
char slot 2 (middle)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dun normally roll back for Felewyn Shards - and I see I already rolled ya back for Felewyn Symbols a ways back, which I'm even more lothed to do... But... Damn you are lucky I'm in a good mood. ;)

Done.

Fair warning, your Felewyn Shards will likely be replaced by a more generic - though better (and maybe even prettier) - holy sword come next patch. You may, however, be able to repeat the whole quest sequence for another one of said swords, one more time per character. (And I'll probably have to come up with a new dark sword formula involving those...)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
your Felewyn Shards will likely be replaced by a more generic - though better (and maybe even prettier) - holy sword come next patch. You may, however, be able to repeat the whole quest sequence for another one of said swords, one more time per character. (And I'll probably have to come up with a new dark sword formula involving those...)

dun dun dun

So basically unholy blade and fshard are going to be replaced by new items? Is the quest data going to be removed at least or reset when this happens?

I actually like felewyn shards for their own special abilities, but it's like the guy said, they keep going poof (mysterious), so it's not really worth using it that much if it will just go poof on you.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's a system that tries to track unusual items for us, and something about checking for the existence of items during spawn sometimes makes them vanish. I changed it, a few patches ago, to wait until you were in the world for awhile before checking for them, but occasionally, as with all things in MSC, sh*t happens.

As for the changes, the intent is a two prong attack on this BS. First, to replace all existing Felewyn Shards with a holy blade that does more damage and has an AOE right click swift attack, that launches a large wave of holy damage at light mana cost. It will, likely, however, no longer have the protection charge attack (though I've always found that more of a hassle than an advantage). [This is also intended to help buff up the swordmansip lineup a bit.]

The second prong, is to replace the Felewyn Shard quest, with a quest for this blade, involving the same symbols, and introducing the concept of the one shot quest. There'll be no limit on the symbols, nor their trade, nor on trading the blades, but you'll only be able to complete the quest, and receive the blade via the quest, once per character (though receiving the blade in trade will have no affect on that). The mainline quest (whenever we get to that), will, similarly, be non-repeatable - though also nearly never ending.

So, there'll be an excess of holy blades in the world from the previous Felewyn farmers and exploiters, to be traded as desired, and any number of symbols can be running about in the economy, but only a maximum of one new holy blade will enter the world per mid-high level character.

Given the smaller player base, that may yet bring things back within reason, though I've not decided whether or not to increase the number of Holy Blades required to forge Unholy Blades - as they won't be numbered (and there's going to be an issue with the script names) - and we'll probably work out some Holy Blade for Felewyn Shard ratio down the line, that may still provide some of the desired "earned respect" effect.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Felewyn Shard still haven't appeared in my inventory... So I assume you couldn't check what items I had when you rolled me back... Please don't roll me back too far then, but please try 2th May.

Also, nooooooooooo!!! Please don't ruin the Felewyn Shard, it already looks nice of a sword, and what I love of it is it's unique abilities of 2hp regen and it's god mode for short time... Please don't remove the god mode, it's really fun thing to use, it knock enemies backward everytime they try to attack me. Or atleast try to give it's a true godmode, not just 95% resistance. That would make it really useful in some situations.

Also, I hope Unholy Blade would get some buff too?? It's quite rare and most people get it for helping MSC to grow or gifted as prize for finding an annoying exploit like stealing someone's galat's items anyway, so it wouldn't be very fair for them if it become very generic, but atleast not so impossible_to_get weapon for common players, that's why I think many more of those so called "Holy Blades" would be fair. :p

EDIT: Also, I would like some guide to prevent Felewyn Shard from poofing again for no reason. Is there some way to make FS never gone from your inventory again?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done again.

No promises about the rest.

Best I can suggest is the usual - avoiding putting bags in bags, don't change servers without closing MSC, etc.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh damn, I'm afraid rollback didn't worked because one guy asked me to help and I was on server while you did it. :S

EDIT: I didn't put bag in a bag as far as I can recall, and if it's possible, please roll me back till you can notice I have felewyn shard in my bag of holding, but please don't roll me back too far as well. :p Sorry if I give troubles. Maybe 2th may should work, not sure, but I found the roll back didn't happend because I was on server when you tried to give me that rollback...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done, yet again...

Third time's the charm?

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes, thank you!

Seems like Felewyn Shard is the only thing that tends to pop, I'll watch it more often and once I notice it's gone, the first thing I do is write a rollback request on this forum. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
PyroManiac said:
Seems like Felewyn Shard is the only thing that tends to pop, I'll watch it more often and once I notice it's gone, the first thing I do is write a rollback request on this forum. :p

Thothie said:
Dun normally roll back for Felewyn Shards - and I see I already rolled ya back for Felewyn Symbols a ways back, which I'm even more lothed to do... But... Damn you are lucky I'm in a good mood. ;)

Be sure to post when he is in a good mood though. :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PyroManiac said:
Yes, thank you!

Might be something corrupt about that particular Felewyn Shard (each item is accompanied by its own item data which saves). If ya stick it in a bank and remove it, it should, essentially, give you a fresh copy of the item.

Felewyn Shards, Bloodstone Rings, and Chromatic Armor are the only items being tracked - but again, I've not gotten a lot of reports of any of those vanishing since the system was changed.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Argh!! That thing just pops from my inventory again, and I don't even know when... :( It's really frustrating that I have to watch it almost aways in a fear that it may gone... Can you please watch my items and slowly roll me back to the point when I get my felewyn shard?? I don't want to be rolled back too far...

But, I'd be honest here. The next day I launched MSC, I found qualiver of archer in my bag of holding, full of diffirent arrows and one small crossbow... I have no idea how do I get one, probably pick up it accidently when someone drop it by a mistake... However, with this thing I had over 75 items in total so I immediatelly droped it away and asked my friends that I played recently if they had lost their qualiver of archer, they said no.

So, if it wouldn't bother much... Can you roll me back again, please??... I swear I will stop playing if this will happened again! I'm sorry but it's no fun when a really hard earned item just poof for no reason...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I should explain there's no simple way to examine a character's inventory from the FN server, so I really need a specific time stamp you wish to go back to. Just, randomly rolling you back further and further, loading your character up on my local client each time to, repeating until I see a shard, could take me days.

The good news is, however, that's probably the source of your problem right there.

Again, I'd also bank the Felewyn Shard, and withdraw it, just to make sure it isn't corrupted either. (Once you give me a timestamp and I restore it.)

On the other topic, I considered your request to keep the shielding ability, and what I'm gonna do, is move the shield to block(right click)+backpedal (with a chargeup/cooldown delay), and put the holy wave on first charge instead of right click, and just up the damage. I suspect the effect would get annoying if spammed as fast as one could right click anyways.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I should explain there's no simple way to examine a character's inventory from the FN server, so I really need a specific time stamp you wish to go back to. Just, randomly rolling you back further and further, loading your character up on my local client each time to, repeating until I see a shard, could take me days.

The good news is, however, that's probably the source of your problem right there.

Again, I'd also bank the Felewyn Shard, and withdraw it, just to make sure it isn't corrupted either. (Once you give me a timestamp and I restore it.)

On the other topic, I considered your request to keep the shielding ability, and what I'm gonna do, is move the shield to block(right click)+backpedal (with a chargeup/cooldown delay), and put the holy wave on first charge instead of right click, and just up the damage. I suspect the effect would get annoying if spammed as fast as one could right click anyways.

I forget to note that I instantly dediced to check all my items in inventory after I dropped that qualiver of archer, I found all items were here, including Felewyn Shard. I got worried, so I even put it in galat check and took it back just to get "fresh copy" as you recommended me earlier.

Well, I don't know when I lost it... I'd suggest to try to roll it back to... 6 hours atleast, and see if it will work. Maybe one day, if in case the char saves per day only.

Also, I'm really curious how the new Felewyn Shard will work. I assume it will no longer have that "holy" and "normal" mode anymore?? I'd admit, the damage was trash for both modes, due it's very slow attack speed (first charge), very short range for such long ass sword (model wise) and low chance of hit anything. So I'd even prefer to use UGA rather than Felewyn Shard at actual combat against unholy\undead enemies, even though it has even lesser hit chance, atleast much more damage and faster attack speed (first charge) and i'd say even longer range, but I mostly use Fire Breaker against undeads for obvious reason, it just feels more comfortable to use. :p But Still, Felewyn Shard is a fun thing to use occasionally, mostly like it for that 2 health regen and 95% resistance to damage (hope it will be true god mode now. :) ).

So I assume it will be holy, and normal mode at the same time? I.e. do strong damage against undead\unholy enemies and yet do atleast some damage for non-undead/unholy enemies + buffed damage to both? That sounds interesting, maybe I'll use Felewyn Shard as an actual weapon this time, not just an situational gimmic toy that is very fun to use sometimes (or temporary afk-healer).

Hope to see Unholy Blade got some large buff too, other than it's dark aura that is just fun to use against very weak enemies such as wolves at gertenheld_forest rather than any useful because it's quite weak, it has no use at all. :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done... Backups are every 6 hours, tis among the reasons we ask for a "last was right in the head" time stamp.

Was fiddling with various ideas, but I'll probably just keep it switching modes on right click, unless you backpedal simultaneously. Sadly, we cannot split or stack more than one damage type in a single attack, lest I wanted to go the DOT route... I played a bit with the idea of having it check its target's vulnerabilities, and change damage types dynamically based on whatever said target was more vulnerable to, but re-registering attacks rapidly like that seemed to be causing stability issues with crowds of mixed mobs.

Dunno about rigging up some sort of Tolkein'esque "unholy detector" where it just goes into holy mode when it senses undead nearby or some such - but while that'd be nifty, it wouldn't exactly be convenient.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Mighty wall of text inbound!

Suggestion for holy sword:

I would suggest going with that auto detect stuff but instead make it glow with the auto detect. And when it glows it does a secondary hit of holy damage to undeads/unholy which could count towards divination xp when killing things (something like 75% blade damage and 25% holy dot damage). Or could simply do the right click method to turn it on and off, holding right click produces the holy tank barrier that could rebuke + knockback undeads/unholy while knockback living stuff.

For the healing effect, make a regen-like feature heal the player based in the amount of damage dealt, player deals 1k damage with normal stance active, player regens 1k hp overtime (2 heals) or untill max health is reached, while in holy mode, regen doubles (4 heals).

In terms of raw power (based in level 40 swordsmanship point of view), normal stance could do 60% of peak damage of the blade in holy mode like holy mode does 1k peak damage, normal stance would do 600 peak damage. Blade could scale up in power as swordsmanship got higher, every 5 levels, the raw power would increase all the way up to level 40 swords.

Bonus suggestion for holy passive effect, @30 divination regen doubles, @35 it triples (6 heals), @40 it quadruples (8 heals).

Note: I think most people would agree with it having a secondary damage type against undead rather than switch element completly against undead. This is because divination could use with new ways of grinding again, and simply paring up two skills in combat would be a decent idea, polearms already does this but it's hella slow and painfull with lag and dem screwed up hitboxes, while the axe... let's not talk about the axe. :roll:

Suggestion for unholy sword:

I'm not sure about the unholy blade, barrier is nifty and it's pretty much the only thing i use in it right now sadly. It's rather slow and dull compared to old BD, the throw could use a little bit of speedhax and perhaps make it horizontal and increase a little in size? Like a large AOE throw that hits mobs once, good for killing smaller critters in the back that can be painfull if they get a hit on you. This while perhaps adding an autodetect unholy mode to the sword aswell or simply right click to turn it on/off while keeping the right click hold to use knockback barrier of doom.

About the dot/barrier, could make the dot from the unholy mode non damage type of dot, simply puts temporary fear upon non cursed ones (aka, immobilize weak enemies in the spot while under dot). While keeping the barrier dot for affliction damage.
OR
Completly scratch that concept about dot/barrier and completly focus on a debuff barrier, barrier knockbacks larger enemies outside of it's radius. Traps smaller non cursed enemies inside with fear, immobilized in fear while in unholy mode, draining health overtime in a similiar fashion to demonblood for as long as the barrier stands up and unholy mode is active (also based on the amount of enemies trapped, the more are trapped in a single barrier, the heavier the pain on the player). This while the unholy dot kicks in as part of the barriers offensive counter-attack for extra affliction/dark damage.

As for the healing... Normal stance could use a lesser vampyric effect based in the damage dealt, not a default value as it is right now. (Example: player deals 500 damage in a hit, heals 5% in normal stance) While in cursed stance, player heals 10% of damage dealt.
OR
Could change it around, make cursed stance heal less (tricky use with fear barrier) and normal stance heal more.

In terms of raw power, normal and unholy stance does the same damage, only difference is the benefits in abilities. I would suggest unholy blade to do a peak damage of 50% of the holy version while in holy mode.

Bonus suggestion for fear as a passive boost, the higher the affliction level, fear effect becomes stronger. Possibly something like, lesser fear @30 affliction, mid tier fear @35 and greater fear @40. Each step in power increase could increase the chances of putting certain "lesser stronger enemies" in fear, while decreasing the pain a little to the player.

Quest/name/level requirement suggestion:

Quest-wise, i would suggest making holy shards non combat items into a "holy blade" or "blade of the divine". Could bring said holy shards to [you know where] with a couple of other items and make it a "cursed blade" or "blade of the cursed", the use of extra items for the cursed blade could be the reason why it gets more abilities and crappier in damage compared to holy version, holy shards fused with a "lesser" cursed sword such as the [you know who] would mess with the shards properties, making them degrade in raw power while increasing ability power. Damage-wise i feel like the holy side should be stronger in raw damage (as suggested). Making it a fairly simple approach, while the cursed counterpart should focus in abilities coupled with some damage.
Level requirements could be 30+ for swords and 30+ for divination or affliction for starters, both blades could scale up to 40 currently and perhaps reuse them in the future questing up untill level 50 cap or whatever goes last tier before going apostle-tier? These could very well be used as introduction items to a demi-god tier status in the future (near endgame), like powerscaling these swords as the last tier, prior to apostle tier items, which would be the actual "god tier items". It's just that, if much effort was put into a concept of this kind, i think it would need to be "revived" every once in a while with a new upgrade, as lore progressed on and things got stronger (both players and mobs). The introduction of an actual blades of balance later on would be nifty, i know it sounds like a copy paste from the apostle items plans, but these could work like concepts for the final items and they would pale in power when compared. The blades of balance could be miniature versions of each of the blades, for each hand, making them a dual wield option of equal balance when compared the 2 handed versions.

PS: Something of this scale is what i would consider epic, and we could always start reusing old content rather than make more new content in the future, like instead of creating new models for every single new items, reuse older ones and upgrade them in specific ways.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ummm.... I think you rolled me way, WAY too backward, as I even lost my health and agility... And funny thing, I still haven't got felewyn shard... :/ I think you rolled me back to a perioud of time when I lost felewyn shard first time. :p

EDIT: So can I please get roll forward please??? just 6 hours before my last time joined in game. I think it was 22 may...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*grumble* Rolled forward to May 22nd, 16:00.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry I give troubles... Can you please try May 22 04:00??

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*garbwabwlffffttth*

Fine... Done.

[/me cleans spit off monitor.]

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ohh.... I'm so sorry, but still haven't got it.... :( seems like I'm very unlucky... Well, I'd suggest 21 may would fix it, but I'm scared to ask now. :p Well, I guess no more MSC for me untill the almighty Thothie is getting a good mood. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ya know... even when you get it back it will just keep vanishing unless you leave it in a bank chest.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I heard it poof in galat chest even more often than if you keep it in your inventory.... But I sure will do put it in galat if it's more safe then, once I get a rollback of course.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I've banked all of mine after loosing one and not getting it back via rollback (lucky you >_>).

And since then... well i still have them all in my bank chest, collecting dust. Because you know, they just go poof? So it will be a waste of time if you keep carrying it with you and asking for rollbacks, making you loose progress constantly.

Alternatively, you can transfer it to an alt and let it carry around all the time in it's hands, just to make sure it won't go poof all of a sudden. And if it does, you can easily notice that happening.

This reminds me of my 3 steam crossbows going poof when they used to glitch like this aswell... :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PyroManiac said:
Ohh.... I'm so sorry, but still haven't got it.... :( seems like I'm very unlucky... Well, I'd suggest 21 may would fix it, but I'm scared to ask now. :p Well, I guess no more MSC for me untill the almighty Thothie is getting a good mood. :p
65977605.jpg

Last one. You're so far past your quota, you'd need a telescope to look back to where you left it, and I'm not rolling back for this shard again, period - it just isn't a critical item, unlike a raven mace or ice shield or some such actually useful thing.

...and unless your bank is corrupt, I suppose Zeus is right in that there's less that *can* go wrong, with an inactive item in your bank (which is just a string), than with an active item you are carrying around (which is a complex and constantly re-saved and updated set of object data sent as part of an encrypted stream).